Rooney and his sidekick OUT NOW

Ramfan1958

12 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I don’t care if it’s an unpopular opinion but he is not a good manager.

That’s clear,  but he has so far shown the ability to motivate players, if not to organise them well. The bizarre position we are in is, his agent Stretford seems to be lining up our next buyer. So we’ll go from having an owner who was trigger happy when it came to managers to one who has no gun. I think it’s quite possible Derby will be the only team Rooney manages. And that he might do it for quite a long time 

Obviously nothing will change while we are in administration.

But Rooney’s hopes of staying in situ with a new ownership in place look to be receding by the game.

We have a very tough run through November and December.

The way things are trending, we might not win another game in 2021.

Blackpool at home, maybe?

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Obviously nothing will change while we are in administration.

But Rooney’s hopes of staying in situ with a new ownership in place look to be receding by the game.

We have a very tough run through November and December.

The way things are trending, we might not win another game in 2021.

Blackpool at home, maybe?

but that would ruin Keogh's return....

You can moan and pick fault, but the problem with Derby is obvious. We do not have an out and out goalscorer. This was a problem with the club for about 3 seasons now and you can't blame Rooney for that. Lets hope we get bought and the new owners can supply some monies for the January transfer window. Rooney being a prolific scorer should be able to identify a young striker possibly from league 1 or 2 because i don't think we will be in the market for a Premier or championship standard player.

Then in March onwards will be the time to judge him and his coaches

If Rooney was as switched on as people suggest, he would have brought in his own people when he was offered the job permanently.

We’re always bemoaning the lack of a goalscorer.

How did Luton find Adebayo? How did Blackpool find Yates and Lavery? How did Swansea find Piroe?

Personally I think coaching is the biggest issue but it has to be said that our scouting and recruitment is very uninspiring, restrictions or not.

It's pathetic our fans turning on Rooney. Absolutely pathetic. We have a threadbare squad and have been overperforming. Now we inevitably start to struggle with our lack of options and immediately some fans are throwing the toys out the pram. Get real. Nobody we could appoint could get more out of this squad than Rooney. He's doing a good job. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's pathetic our fans turning on Rooney. Absolutely pathetic. We have a threadbare squad and have been overperforming. Now we inevitably start to struggle with our lack of options and immediately some fans are throwing the toys out the pram. Get real. Nobody we could appoint could get more out of this squad than Rooney. He's doing a good job. 

You don’t know how another manager would have done. 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

You don’t know how another manager would have done. 

What kind of nonsensical point is that? No, I don't. But I can say for sure, we have a really thin squad with pretty glaring holes up front and in the centre back position. Who, with Derby's none existent budget, would you propose could do better?