Rams vs Reading Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Yeah, an enjoyable game.  Was clear it was going to be quite open early on.  First half they gave us enough time to play some nice football.  Should’ve buried them really, love to play them every week.  Shout out to the whole team! 

I want to single certain players for moments of magic, but will resist as the whole team were great. 

Edited by Ruud Aralliss

Well the lads show them who is boss tonight they played with some much fight not matter what those bankers do to us we shall stand up behind our lads you shall hear us roar our lads to staying in the champership even being bottom we should be near top of the league.

-12 to plus 1 we are staying up because we believe in our lads.

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

If Rooney keeps us up/ battles hard and stays with us he could definatly be up their in terms of managers we’ve had. Maybe even in a couple years he could easily push Jim smith and cloughy at the top. A true gentleman and legend 

I loved hearing him say in his interview after the game that he intends to bring those made redundant back to the club when the new owners are here. 

6 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I loved hearing him say in his interview after the game that he intends to bring those made redundant back to the club when the new owners are here. 

I am extremely impressed with just how much a diplomat and a decent person Wayne Rooney is. I think that somebody mentioned his humble upbringing - this is very likely the reason he so readily empathises with others who are not so fortunate.

Top man - may he be here for many years.

Very impressed tonight, long way to go but the fight back is on.

We played very well and you would have thought we were the team coming into this on the back of 3 good wins, not reading. As far as I can remember they had 2 good chances with one a great save from Allsop and the other a header wide, apart from that it was all Derby.

Have you noticed the defence the last few games, although we have moments of fannying about at the back it is about 10% of what it was last season and makes it much more comfortable for us, we always make some mistakes and its better to make them in midfield then by the goalie.

The ref had a mare, I think this is pretty much standard against us now, my father is neutral and even he asked me if the ref was blind as he got most of the big decisions wrong.

We made a good Reading side look very ordinary tonight, I still believe ? COYR

12 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

You could have made a difference in the stand instead of at home. 

The crowd was again fantastic. 

I live over 100 miles from Derby these days and although I've been to the odd evening game, the lack of a late train does it for me I'm afraid, (21:00 departure is pathetic).

It was an observation rather than a criticism and well done to all who made the effort.

Just got back home and seen the 'handball' on sky sports news, his arm is definitely sticking out and even the sky presenter thought so.

The Morrison 'foul' just before also seemed a nailed on free kick and yellow card, but they didn't show that one. Also how on earth was the late free kick against Buchanan enough to warrant a yellow, apart from him being in a white shirt?

That's now 2 wins against Stoke and Reading, despite awful refereeing.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

Just got back home and seen the 'handball' on sky sports news, his arm is definitely sticking out and even the sky presenter thought so.

The Morrison 'foul' just before also seemed a nailed on free kick and yellow card, but they didn't show that one. Also how on earth was the late free kick against Buchanan enough to warrant a yellow, apart from him being in a white shirt?

That's now 2 wins against Stoke and Reading, despite awful refereeing.

He booked Lawrence for kicking the ball away, not Buchanan, at least that is what I thought. 

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

That's where I come down on. It was honestly surreal at times watching him;  2 similar challenges a couple minutes apart and one wouldnt be a foul and one would get a yellow.

Inconsistent is what I'd say if I was feeling cool headed and generous. Incompetent feels more accurate though.

Personally I'd like to have a had a neutral opinion on him because it felt like we certainly an unfair amount go against us but I don't know how much of that is my own bias.

The linos were just as bad, particularly the dolt running the East Stand line. Three times in the first half it was as though he'd dozed off, suddenly remembered his role by which time he was at least 5 yards behind play. Yet 3 times he gave the decision to Reading.

Thought Allsop had a good night. Like many, I wasn’t happy to see his name on the team sheet but he saved everything (mostly routine bar one or two) and even caught a couple of things too. 

Stearman worries me a little. Although not sure if he improved second half or I wasn’t as nervous about him because he was further away from me in the South Stand. Seems slow to move his feet and looked a liability. 

Don’t think it was a coincidence the goal came from the first time Forsyth used his acre of space to actually dribble forward rather than come back. He needed to do that more often to keep the defence honest. 

Midfield did a decent job of rotating deep to fetch the ball from the defence which was good. Trying to play out from the back with our personnel is not fun but they made the best of it by helping out - we did still manage one huge calamity after half time. 

Stretton looked decent but needs a big stint in the weight room. Reading do have some quick defenders which didn’t help though.

I am not one for conspiracy theories but after the red card and injury time penalty last game and now we have an unbelievably bad referee and linesman this game it doesn’t half make you wonder. The linesman missed some shockers, especially the ball being miles out first half under his nose. The referee didn’t give a blatant foul on Ravel on the edge of the box, a blatant penalty for handball, seemed to not bother booking them for the same thing Stearman got booked for, then booked Buchanan for his first foul. Just a baffling display of biased ineptitude.