Rams vs Reading Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

4mins injury time. We make a sub so that should be 30 seconds. But we just keep going to double make sure Reading can't score before grudgingly accepting Derby are having this one. 

Ba5tard ref played 5 mins extra

Edited by Grumpy Git

I have a point to raise while we are on a high. How do we do really with international call ups while in the championship and with our squad? Is it a reason for concern realistically? 

Lawrence - likely Wales call up

Marshall- likely Scotland call up(but right now he is out anyway)

Jason Knight - Ireland call up?

A few players for u21 games which I don't believe are relevant for championship games possibly?

Is it any cause for concern? Right now with the lack of depth in our squad, to lose at least Lawrence and Knight, is it a problem? Take into account at the times which these players may be called up we may be struggling with yellow card suspensions or red cards/injuries.

Edited by DerbyRam!

Wayne ducking Rooney and all the players, take a bow lads. It's times like this when boys become men and men stand up and are counted. Against all odds, we're showing huge pride in the shirt and a steely will to win and doing it with a certain amount of style and panache too. 

So ducking proud of them all tonight, each and every one.

COYR

Come away from the ground bursting with pride. Son came all the way from Reading with a few mates, he’s staying over a night so we can have a beer and boy will we celebrate and toast Wayne Rooney.

Rooney is the best thing for us right now, he’s pulling us together and everyone is going the extra mile. So ducking proud we are fighting and not going down with a whimper feeling sorry for ourselves.

Up the Rams ? 

Well played Derby - good performance that against a decent opponent.

Nice mix of game management tonight. First 25 mins played some great stuff, pinging the ball around & they struggled to squeeze the space - Forsyth particularly prominent & fitting that he got the goal. Thereafter Reading had a good spell as they did for 15 mins around the hour mark but we dug in, were well organised & defended well. Really pleased for Allsop too - couple of shaky performances in the League Cup but he was excellent tonight. Two fantastic saves (one in each half), some routine saves & good with the ball at his feet also.

Elsewhere, thought Knight right side was a lot better than I thought he'd be - he & Byrne combined well particularly first half & his running into space was a feature of our counter attacks - just disappointed he didn't put Stretton in just before he came off. Shout out for Stearman also who was very solid deputising for Jagielka.

Obviously they had a lot of late pressure but thought we looked reasonably comfortable & wasn't too concerned we'd throw it away. Important psychologically now that we've got back into positive points - if we can follow this up with another victory v Swansea on Saturday (who have just chased Fulham around the park all night) then we can start to think about reeling in Hull. All small steps.

Last word for the fans - magnificent all night & looked like a decent turnout in the end from the tellybox. I had a ticket for tonight but unfortunately tested positive for Covid on Monday so couldn't go - don't think I've ever been as disappointed to miss a match, really wanted to be there to roar on the lads. The team will have fed off that support tonight though & there were plenty of compliments on Sky about the backing we got. 

COYR

Great result. We're laughing in the face of adversity.  Allsop, Stearman, Byrne, Knight, Fozzy. Shinnie all standouts....heck they all worked their socks off. 

Red card for the ref.  Maybe I'm looking at the refs with overly cynical eyes at the moment but some of their decision making and their ability to find added time from who knows where is highly suspicious.

And sack the Sky red button score controller.  I thought I was tripping as I watched the score go up to 4-0 then back down to 1-0.  

17 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

…because we made a substitution.

I think folk are wondering how we got to 4 mins in the first place buddy. Also, the game finished in the 96th minute and only 30 seconds ought be added for for the sub.

As it is, we've won the game irrespective and won it well. I guess we should focus on that and leave the officials to cringe over their ineptitude should they be professional enough to even bother reviewing their key calls.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands