Rams vs Reading Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’m one who has to say that he has surprised me , I just couldn’t see him getting us playing the way he has this season , all credit to Rooney he is doing a very good job and we look very decent , full of pressing and energy , passing and moving well and well organised , if we had a touch more up top we would be very dangerous 

Couldn't agree more. I didn't see it coming at all.

I've said it before but in a weird way the management team have done better and better the harder and more dire the job.

What another fantastic battling performance, creating chances as well. Morrison, Knight, Lawrence and Shinny ran the midfield. And Fozzy, the amazing Fozzy, delighted for him brilliant today. When the whistle went and at the end when the Players came over the the SS, that’s what going to footballs all about wow ! 

Anyway .. moaning about the ref never helped anyone.

What a cracking game of football. Reading played some great stuff, mobile, lots of first touch .. their number 14 and 21 worked as a duo, pass and move, 47 and 10 were handfuls with good skills, the big lad that came on later caused problems .. but our lads snuffed them out with some skill of their own and above all and brilliant display of team play and tenacity. All of them, to a man digging in, biting ankles, saving throw ins, great goal keeping. I couldn’t help but chuckle in the second half when Curtiss Davis was playing a sublime defence splitting pass. I am enjoying watching this team play football … a lot !

Great character being shown by each of the players. All I ask from any Derby player is 100% commitment. The current crop are going above and beyond this. 

Last season we would have definitely lost the West Brom game and not beaten Stoke or won the game tonight. 

My only hope this season was a siege mentality and Rooney seems to have got this. We will lose games but I’m enjoying being a Rams fan again. 

UTR

3 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Just got home and can’t wait for Saturday ( long, long time since I’ve felt this way). Great effort, great support, great spirit and atmosphere. The quality wasn’t too shabby either. Which corner of the ground shall we put the Rooney statue in?? 

Agreed. I'm enjoying this season (the actual games) more than any other season for years.  

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

Absolute masterclass tonight, especially Shinnie, won every ball, put his heart on the line. Still a beautiful footballer to have at the heart of every team.

Yes and creative. Great cross, couple of superb throughballs. Will the myth of his negativity finally pale. Probably not

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I can't believe that there was only 18,000 there. Looked and sounded a lot more. I thought about 25,000

How much of an impact did the traffic issues have? Do we deserve a club if so few go in our hour of need? I didn't go but I don't own a car and can't get back to London after a midweek game. But I feel guilty. Will more come if these battling performances continue? Yet the crowd, when reduced to these numbers as in times gone by, is at their most supportive of the team. As gates swell, it often mutes them, and the moaners return. Is it better right now to have the hard core players and fans in it together? Us against the world.