Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Fixed

Sort of.

The post you quote was 'part 2', part 1 was actually what your 'fix' says.

it was moderated away, which I can understand (fair enough without taking the 2nd post into context!), but it ruined the 'joke' which was meant in a similar manner to...

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

It surprises me when I read what some Middle Borough fans say about how we backed MM while he was doing his crooked accounting. Yet they are in support of Steve Gibson liquidating us because we deserve it. Did anyone know what MM was doing? Apart from the fans forums which we had representation from here where we were assured we were not breaking FFP. Strange how the Middle Borough fans know what happened.

They're a disgrace, I wouldn't ever wish liquidation on Boro under any circumstances, let them spew their bile. Judging our entire fan base by a minority of Twitter trolls. Were the vast majority of us winding up opposition fans on Twitter regarding flouting FFP? Get real...we're a family club for all generations for the most part, not internet keyboard warriors. Supposedly, according to some, total cessation of existence of a founder member of the Football League is appropriate punishment for *preventing a Middlesborough side getting a 6th place in the Championship with a side that had not a cat in hell's chance of winning those playoffs. *Contestable in itself. We're not bitter or suing QPR and Villa, both financially doped, who prevented us from promotion in a playoff final, let alone a 6th place finish. Life goes on...

I too only recall the fans forums where the fans were repeatedly petitioning Mel and Pearce for confirmation that the club was meeting FFP. We were given assurances not to worry our little heads and all was fine. We're not accountants - we're football fans and the majority took our CEO and Chairman for their word when they told us we were compliant. And supposedly we were all to know that the EFL would seemingly change their minds on an amortisation policy and then years after the fact (once events had caught up sufficiently to implicate themselves) would then decide the most satisfactory outcome, to deflect heat off their own incompetence, would be to set the dogs on Derby County. Most of my disdain is reserved for the EFL, and not Boro incidentally. Us turning on Boro or them on us was entirely preventable had the EFL done their jobs, starting about 4 years ago. They are ultimately responsible, Boro will plunge the knife but the EFL has set it up.

Edited by SillyBilly

I find Middlesbroughs forum absolutely amazing, when I browse it.

So many posts wondering why Derby fans don’t blame Mel Morris for the position they are in.

I think they must be referring to a different Mel Morris to the one who was last seen fleeing his home after installing 24 hour security, who will never be welcome in the city of Derby ever again. 

31 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

They're a disgrace, I wouldn't ever wish liquidation on Boro under any circumstances, let them spew their bile. Judging our entire fan base by a minority of Twitter trolls. Were the vast majority of us winding up opposition fans on Twitter regarding flouting FFP? Get real...we're a family club for all generations for the most part, not internet keyboard warriors. Supposedly, according to some, total cessation of existence of a founder member of the Football League is appropriate punishment for *preventing a Middlesborough side getting a 6th place in the Championship with a side that had not a cat in hell's chance of winning those playoffs. *Contestable in itself. We're not bitter or suing QPR and Villa, both financially doped, who prevented us from promotion in a playoff final, let alone a 6th place finish. Life goes on...

I too only recall the fans forums where the fans were repeatedly petitioning Mel and Pearce for confirmation that the club was meeting FFP. We were given assurances not to worry our little heads and all was fine. We're not accountants - we're football fans and the majority took our CEO and Chairman for their word when they told us we were compliant. And supposedly we were all to know that the EFL would seemingly change their minds on an amortisation policy and then years after the fact (once events had caught up sufficiently to implicate themselves) would then decide the most satisfactory outcome, to deflect heat off their own incompetence, would be to set the dogs on Derby County. Most of my disdain is reserved for the EFL, and not Boro incidentally. Us turning on Boro or them on us was entirely preventable had the EFL done their jobs, starting about 4 years ago. They are ultimately responsible, Boro will plunge the knife but the EFL has set it up.

Totally agree we had an amortisation policy that the EFL checked and said was ok. Then when we were too far down poo creek they took our paddle off us and on top of that have let Wycombe and Middle Borough sue us.

I can’t fathom it out.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

So many posts wondering why Derby fans don’t blame Mel Morris for the position they are in.

I think they must be referring to a different Mel Morris to the one who was last seen fleeing his home after installing 24 hour security, who will never be welcome in the city of Derby ever again. 

Plus the fact that it is currently EFL who are threatening us with expulsion. Having been threatened by Boro if they didn't let them sue us.  

Not posted in a while.... The stress is killing me.....

I'm sure some have you have stumbled across the amusing reading I found and attach below.

Boro fans wanting our demise might want to be careful what they wish for. SG is far from the clean cut business man they believe he is....

Boro apparently £35m in debt for this season alone ???. Only allowed £39m over 3seasons. Pot kettle springs to mind.... and the bit of extra reading I've done tonight was that Gibson sold the club's debt to his own haulage company to get around FFP which the EFL have now closed the loophole on..... What an absolute twonk! 

So by his logic any club Boro beat (unfair advantage due to over spending) this season could sue due to cheating...and if they get into the playoffs or promoted the same would apply.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-fc-reveal-record-35m-20201847.amp

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17445267

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/69m---debt-gratitude-boro-3726231

I'll go back to my dark room and crack the single malt open again to try and forget this never ending nightmare. 

UTR!

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Totally agree we had an amortisation policy that the EFL checked and said was ok. Then when we were too far down poo creek they took our paddle off us and on top of that have let Wycombe and Middle Borough sue us.

I can’t fathom it out.

Lots of transfers and high transfer fee are an income source to the EFL as they get a percentage. Why would they keep a check on it or try to control it. As long as they get their percentage up front they will not care

It's interesting reading the Boro thread from the final day of the 18-19 season. https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/8276-boro-v-rotherham-a-1-2-assombalonga-mikel/page/19/#comments 

I think throughout the whole thing there's one mention of our alleged 'cheating' and endless discussion of how rubbish Boro were that season. Apparently they even took inflatable dinosaurs to the game in a protest against Tony Pulis' prehistoric football.

Surely, if our 'cheating' was so instrumental in determining the final league standings, Boro fans would have discussed it to death at that time. Surely, their fans wouldn't be saying how rubbish Boro were.

Some highlights:

• AdamBoro: "Boro dont deserve playoffs, and if they did make it would no chance get promotion." [Pg10]
  • Dan1234: "Let's be honest, who on earth wanted to sit through a season in the prem under Pulis." [Pg11]
  • Jimmy: "Ah well that was 45 mins of fun anyway. Now get rid of Pulis at 5pm. Failure to get top six is a massive underachievement no matter ‘how much he’s done behind the scenes’." [Pg11]
  • Hanzino: "Hahahaha, get in. Did not want to see us get smashed in the playoffs anyway, get this idiotic dinosaur out the club right now" [Pg11]
  • Pikerman: "Taxi for Mr Pulis all the way back to Dorset please and definitely one way. Who can honestly say we deserve a top six place after losing six on the trot" [Pg11]
  • Jamie-H: "Hope we kept the receipts for all those overhauls and renovations he did in January hopefully they're still in warranty. When he walks away the excuses and tales we'll hear about how he was so unlucky and how he never could get a striker in that he wanted. There's bright spots for next season Britt and Fletcher look good McNair's been decent the past few games and we have Wing/Tav who could really breakout next season." [Pg12]
  • Borodane: "It’s more or less the only way you can tell the club what you feel. They won’t be looking at message boards and they won’t be asking fans. They certainly won’t be paying attention to letters like the one Will wrote. The only way you can show the club that you aren’t happy is by protesting in numbers at a match or outside the ground. As paying costumers we have the right to criticize the product." [Pg14]
  • BegStealOrBoro: "Except they haven’t. They are really struggling to sell anywhere near the amount they did before this season.  Either way the argument is getting a little dull. Pulis finished 7th with one of the most expensive squads in the league. He has alienated large amounts of the fan base while not delivering the results he needed. It’s Gibson’s call on whether to keep him, but I cannot see how anyone can view the season as a success - and because of that I do not understand any desire to keep him. It’s not like we have been playing better and better through the season." [Pg14]
  • Rioch's Braves: "I wish to *** Frank Lampard was our manager set his side out to play good entertaining football and regardless of the play offs what a superb 1st season for him. Football wins today for me. Times up Pulis you have FAILED with your dated boring lifeless poor excuse for football." [Pg15]
  • Ash: "Desperately need to invest in new players and a new manager next season. The truth is, we were never good enough to go up and didn't deserve to." [Pg15]
  • JamesP: "Would have been so undeserved if we had finished sixth, and Pulis would have embarrassed us again. Worst season in memory. Please get rid" [Pg15]
  • Duvel: "This hasn't been the lowest finishing position I've seen but it's by far and away been the worst football I've ever seen as a Boro fan. Even in season's where we've been relegated I've seen some flair players or the occasional game which was enjoyable, this has just been dire to watch. I'll be glad if Pulis goes but I've got no faith in Gibson anymore to make the right changes, the final straw for me was Gibson putting up prices after the season we've just watched. It's clear that they see us as customers now rather than supporters, well if you want to treat me like a customer then you need to provide a product. Until then I won't be back at the ground." [Pg17]
  • Rioch's Braves: "Never thought I'd be saying this but if Gibson hasn't got the vision, ambition and direction to take this club forward then though his been a brilliant chairman/owner perhaps its time to hand over the reigns to someone else. I have felt for a long time that its not just a case of Gibson making poor decisions but that he really has ran out of ideas and that's t a sad time. I would love Steve to prove me wrong but I can't see it happening, we are a club going backwards." [Pg18]

15 minutes ago, ITSD said:

It's interesting reading the Boro thread from the final day of the 18-19 season. https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/8276-boro-v-rotherham-a-1-2-assombalonga-mikel/page/19/#comments 

I think throughout the whole thing there's one mention of our alleged 'cheating' and endless discussion of how rubbish Boro were that season. Apparently they even took inflatable dinosaurs to the game in a protest against Tony Pulis' prehistoric football.

Surely, if our 'cheating' was so instrumental in determining the final league standings, Boro fans would have discussed it to death at that time. Surely, their fans wouldn't be saying how rubbish Boro were.

Some highlights:

• AdamBoro: "Boro dont deserve playoffs, and if they did make it would no chance get promotion." [Pg10]
  • Dan1234: "Let's be honest, who on earth wanted to sit through a season in the prem under Pulis." [Pg11]
  • Jimmy: "Ah well that was 45 mins of fun anyway. Now get rid of Pulis at 5pm. Failure to get top six is a massive underachievement no matter ‘how much he’s done behind the scenes’." [Pg11]
  • Hanzino: "Hahahaha, get in. Did not want to see us get smashed in the playoffs anyway, get this idiotic dinosaur out the club right now" [Pg11]
  • Pikerman: "Taxi for Mr Pulis all the way back to Dorset please and definitely one way. Who can honestly say we deserve a top six place after losing six on the trot" [Pg11]
  • Jamie-H: "Hope we kept the receipts for all those overhauls and renovations he did in January hopefully they're still in warranty. When he walks away the excuses and tales we'll hear about how he was so unlucky and how he never could get a striker in that he wanted. There's bright spots for next season Britt and Fletcher look good McNair's been decent the past few games and we have Wing/Tav who could really breakout next season." [Pg12]
  • Borodane: "It’s more or less the only way you can tell the club what you feel. They won’t be looking at message boards and they won’t be asking fans. They certainly won’t be paying attention to letters like the one Will wrote. The only way you can show the club that you aren’t happy is by protesting in numbers at a match or outside the ground. As paying costumers we have the right to criticize the product." [Pg14]
  • BegStealOrBoro: "Except they haven’t. They are really struggling to sell anywhere near the amount they did before this season.  Either way the argument is getting a little dull. Pulis finished 7th with one of the most expensive squads in the league. He has alienated large amounts of the fan base while not delivering the results he needed. It’s Gibson’s call on whether to keep him, but I cannot see how anyone can view the season as a success - and because of that I do not understand any desire to keep him. It’s not like we have been playing better and better through the season." [Pg14]
  • Rioch's Braves: "I wish to *** Frank Lampard was our manager set his side out to play good entertaining football and regardless of the play offs what a superb 1st season for him. Football wins today for me. Times up Pulis you have FAILED with your dated boring lifeless poor excuse for football." [Pg15]
  • Ash: "Desperately need to invest in new players and a new manager next season. The truth is, we were never good enough to go up and didn't deserve to." [Pg15]
  • JamesP: "Would have been so undeserved if we had finished sixth, and Pulis would have embarrassed us again. Worst season in memory. Please get rid" [Pg15]
  • Duvel: "This hasn't been the lowest finishing position I've seen but it's by far and away been the worst football I've ever seen as a Boro fan. Even in season's where we've been relegated I've seen some flair players or the occasional game which was enjoyable, this has just been dire to watch. I'll be glad if Pulis goes but I've got no faith in Gibson anymore to make the right changes, the final straw for me was Gibson putting up prices after the season we've just watched. It's clear that they see us as customers now rather than supporters, well if you want to treat me like a customer then you need to provide a product. Until then I won't be back at the ground." [Pg17]
  • Rioch's Braves: "Never thought I'd be saying this but if Gibson hasn't got the vision, ambition and direction to take this club forward then though his been a brilliant chairman/owner perhaps its time to hand over the reigns to someone else. I have felt for a long time that its not just a case of Gibson making poor decisions but that he really has ran out of ideas and that's t a sad time. I would love Steve to prove me wrong but I can't see it happening, we are a club going backwards." [Pg18]

That is really good evidence. Print/save the original pages in case deleted!

Edited by CBRammette

11 hours ago, nottingram said:

This and Bristol/Wycombe. They seem to think we all still support Mel Morris (no one does) and that or anger is misplaced at the efl and boro etc.

Our anger at them is their obstruction and refusal to help us out - it is out of fear that we are about to lose our club. Im not sure they realise that we are on the brink here.

Also for those fans of other clubs that think we haven't been punished enough... If it hasn't dawned on you, our old owner has washed his dirty hands of us and if we survive it looks like more points deductions and we'll be in league 1... Great punishment for the fans of the club. Losing our club would be a massive loss and represents more than a fair punishment. 

2 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

This and Bristol/Wycombe. They seem to think we all still support Mel Morris (no one does) and that or anger is misplaced at the efl and boro etc.

Our anger at them is their obstruction and refusal to help us out - it is out of fear that we are about to lose our club. Im not sure they realise that we are on the brink here.

Also for those fans of other clubs that think we haven't been punished enough... If it hasn't dawned on you, our old owner has washed his dirty hands of us and if we survive it looks like more points deductions and we'll be in league 1... Great punishment for the fans of the club. Losing our club would be a massive loss and represents more than a fair punishment. 

The thing I cant understand is that fans of other clubs cannot see the wider implications if Boro and Wycombe succeed. They cant look past "Derby cheated hur dur" and see that the EFL regulations allow for any club to sink another with any form of claim if they end up in administration.

If Wycombe went in to admin in future and we decided to get our own back and put their existence at risk by slapping in a massively daft claim then apparently that's fine?

They all need to wake up.