Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

44 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

I still have fight in me but the closer and closer it gets to Feb 1st I'm more inclined to say f'k it do want needs to be done to ensure we still have a Derby County Football Club and that **** *** Gibson knows this.

You know, I’m getting more and more inclined to favour liquidation rather than pay those two anything at all. Am I bad?

24 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

SG is gloating in his world of spitefulness about all this pain he’s caused. He thinks it makes he seem like a big man, who can control the way football is run.

But he can. Threatened the EFL and in return the EFL threw us under a bus. Forget administration who is going to give 50 million quid away

3 minutes ago, AGR said:

Whats that song Man Utd used to sing about the Glazers? Jelly and Icecream when they die?

Should sing that on repeat for 90 mins on Feb 12th about that banker Gibson

Jelly and ice cream when Thatcher dies was sung by Celtic fans 80s to present day. Even though she's dead.

I could sing that for Steve Gibson

It surprises me when I read what some Middle Borough fans say about how we backed MM while he was doing his crooked accounting. Yet they are in support of Steve Gibson liquidating us because we deserve it. Did anyone know what MM was doing? Apart from the fans forums which we had representation from here where we were assured we were not breaking FFP. Strange how the Middle Borough fans know what happened.

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

It surprises me when I read what some Middle Borough fans say about how we backed MM while he was doing his crooked accounting. Yet they are in support of Steve Gibson liquidating us because we deserve it. Did anyone know what MM was doing? Apart from the fans forums which we had representation from here where we were assured we were not breaking FFP. Strange how the Middle Borough fans know what happened.

Ignore them, they are scumbags 

There are also plenty of level headed Boro fans totally opposed as this as well

Mel hoodwinked us all. No argument against that, and we take the -21 on the chin for it.

MFC though, I’d be embarrassed if that was our owner. Similarly with Wycombe. Both owners are the very worst examples of people involved with football. Literally driving their clubs’ reputation into the ground.

5 hours ago, Retro_RAM said:

If we ever get out of this mess I think we need to reassess who our true rivals are, Forest are simply down the road and want to see us relegated. Boro on the other hand want to liquidate us.

Honestly, whatever happens I will always have more hatred to Middlesbrough then I ever will Forest.

But we mustn't take it out on Middlesbrough fans!

Evening all, long term lurker, 

My reason for posting is that the more I read, the angrier I get at MM. Simply put SG wouldn’t have a claim if MM hadn’t rodgered us. SG is an odious lil man (careful to avoid the swear filter) but do I think he hates Derby, no. Do I think he hates MM, absolutely. Do I think he would force us into liquidation to cement MMs place in history as the man who oversaw DCFC ceasing to be, yes! We will go to the wall for 3 reasons if this isn’t resolved, MM’s mismanagement, the EFL being worse than useless and two grown men in MM and SG having a drawn out spat.

Gibson said we were cheating FFP and Morris told him to do one. We then are found to have breached FFP (thank you EFL for the u-turn). In their minds we have taken the mick, laughed at them when they pointed it out and now are laughing hard at us. I don’t think the majority of them want to see us liquidated but so much bad blood was created between the two owners that they simply don't want to back down. I am just so hacked off that MM picked a fight with everyone then walked away from it. In terms of survival could he gift the stadium back (unsure if that’s possible legally) to sweeten the deal for any new owner? Any money saved on the ground could then be used to pacify Boro and Wycombe. Yes it would suck to pay anything but not as much as liquidation.

We have buyers ready to go, the only thing the EFL have to do is say whether the claims are a football debt. That is the one question they need to answer to resolve this. Until they say whether Boro/WW claims are football debts or not we are stuck. Saying an unproven claim is a football debt opens up pandoras box so they won’t say it. Saying they aren’t football debts gets them sued by Boro. This leads to no action which ducks us as well. Given recent attention though they can’t do nothing so they have to make a decision…. Surely….

SG may be the guy that delivers the death blow, but MM was the guy who crippled us to make it possible. EFL can be the police watching it all happen but are on a break so can't be bothered to do anything.  Anyway rant over and I'll go back to lurking.

17 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Most of them aren't even Middle-brow, let alone High-brow.

If it were a point of principle with Pube-head then this would already be over. The EFL gave him the result he wanted and we’ve been punished. Even his beef with Mel is resolved. Mel’s reputation is in tatters and he’s little better thought of here as he is in Middlesbrough.

So clearly, it’s nothing to do with principles after all. It’s been made perfectly clear that it’s about £££. What a surprise. Saint Steve of Smogshire, the paragon of virtue, is only interested in the coin. And why? Because they’re almost as f**ked as we are re FFP. This is an essential reason why MFC should not get a single penny, and why no matter what happens to us, the EFL’s feet must be held to the fire to ensure that they face the same punishments.

Edited by StaffsRam

21 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Well I have worked in business for many years and in all modesty I understand boring things like accounts better than most, I suspect.

I was unaware of Derby's accounting policy because I followed Derby's football, not their finances. Until January 2020 when the first publicity about the EFL charge came out. I thought then that it was very unlikely that EFL would overturn an indpendent professional's valuation of PPS, and so it proved. I though then that the allegation about amortisation, as it was described in the press as depreciating to non zero values at end of contract coudl not possibly be true. And it wasn't, that wasn't what Derby were doing, and that part of the charge was dropped.    

So really even after the publicity in January 2020 there was no reason for me to believe we were doing anything wrong. In August 2020 the IDC gave it's opinion which was basically the same as mine. EFL appealed but not aware on what grounds becasue the IDC decision which I read in full,  seemed pretty overhwlemingly to destroy the EFC case, including their expert who didn't even know what his duty as expert was meant to be.

Only in May 2021 did I start to supect ther wa sreally a problem when the LAP surprsingly oeverturned the ID judgment. But unti lMM's RD interview in September 2021 it wasnt confirmed that w ehad broken teh FFP , and even then only on the EFL's preferred amortsiation method which i snot a mandatory requirement.

So the idea we should all have known MM was breaking the rules, if I (for example) didn't know until September 2021, i think is just ridiculous and offensive to all Rams fans. Couhig should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.