Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

- EFL 10pm last night

- Boro early afternoon today

- Wycombe this evening

This is an organised and concerted media management strategy by the three stooges, to put their agenda across and most importantly try to disrupt the news agenda through the day.

They are doing this in reaction to the MP’s debate and the attention it will attract for us.

There is absolutely no way this is coincidental.

They have coordinated and planned this TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!

Because they are all the same people 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Taking out useless legal cases was Morris's thing. 

So what’s going to happen because in retrospect most people had glass full over the takeover happening.

I did say mine was half full consistently on here. 

Have we all let this happen with not protesting sooner. 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think the argument they'll be putting forward is that because we cheated and the EFL didn't penalise us when they should have (in line with Birmingham) we would have got the same results against all sides, except had a points deduction resulting in them taking 6th at our expense.

Even that’s spurious because of Sheffield Wednesday though. If they’re consistent on that, then Sheff Wed stay up, or get relegated in a previous year and there’s a completely different composition to the league.

And that’s not counting the fact we weren’t even given the points deduction until November 2021, the delay almost entirely being out of our hands with EFL appeals, ‘Boro sticking their noses in etc.

On 17/01/2022 at 15:18, Westcumbrianram said:

Can we not distrupt the next live home game, instead of throwing tennis balls as one poster suggested, could we all throw a Teddy bear which can then donated to a local children charities, a little like that Spanish side do every year. This way we make a point and do something good whilst making a point. 

Seriously, I think our councillors should publicly offer a goodwill payment to Middlesborough and Wycombe in settlement of claims on condition the proceeds are donated to sports charities. That would certainly feature prominently in the national press and I think it would put significant pressure on them 

If this claim isn't sorted very quickly surely we should be thinking about some form of legal civil disobedience that affects Middlesbrough  directly? Things like jamming their ticket phone lines, chaining ourselves to their gates and blocking their entrances, protesting outside their training ground, spamming their email servers? 

Does this mean that Middlesborough will be coming for the players for free?   

If I were the administrators I would tell Middlesbourough to meet them in court.  Stuff em.  it will not do Derby any good if that were the case.  Sell players if needs be but not to Middlesborough.

The priority is to finish the season.  Middlesborough will not be able to claim anything if The Rams are out of business.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60040400?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So what’s going to happen because in retrospect most people had glass full over the takeover happening.

I did say mine was half full consistently on here. 

Have we all let this happen with not protesting sooner. 

It's happening now. Can't change the past. 

Just seen a video on sky sport YouTube saying Boro have launched legal proceedings against us??

Have sky got that wrong as I thought part of this was that bro and Wycombe have been saying they will get legal but haven't actually do e it because the EFL seems to be backing them a d the odds are they would lose in in court?

If Gibson really thinks he has a claim (he hasn't)...why couldn't he withdraw at this stage - wait for the Derby takeover to complete and then raise his claim again with the new ownership?

as far as I can see there is no reason that he could not do this -but he wont because his aim is to liquidate us or at least guarantee League 1 football next season.

Well it certainly appears that if our great club is liquidated, M'boro and Wycombe have blood on their hands that will not be easily forgiven by the rest of the footballing fraternity. Todays parlimentry discussion paired with the general media attention garnered (by brilliant folk on this forum) have given us all at DCFC wiggle room to say the least. 

Over to Quantuma who now at least should have a more confidence (and mustard on their ringpiece) to get things legally sanctioned and SAY the right things with parlimentry backing to get the takeover done. Preferably before Mr Rooney wears the blue of Everton FC.

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

- EFL 10pm last night

- Boro early afternoon today

- Wycombe this evening

This is an organised and concerted media management strategy by the three stooges, to put their agenda across and most importantly try to disrupt the news agenda through the day.

They are doing this in reaction to the MP’s debate and the attention it will attract for us.

There is absolutely no way this is coincidental.

They have coordinated and planned this TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!

They are not even subtle with their Q&A releases. Totally coordinated. No mention or acknowledgement of the wider effect of their claims on fans, city, etc.  

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

If Gibson really thinks he has a claim (he hasn't)...why couldn't he withdraw at this stage - wait for the Derby takeover to complete and then raise his claim again with the new ownership?

as far as I can see there is no reason that he could not do this -but he wont because his aim is to liquidate us or at least guarantee League 1 football next season.

I presume because any legal action has to have been lodged with the previous owner who was at fault for the discretions.

I've just finished my stint of shifts at work and caught up with the Boro statement. My opinion sadly is still the same. Steve Gibson deserves every criticism aimed at him. We have been punished, we have been docked points and in my view that's our crime. This should be finished. If he wants to cry and act like a petulant child, why not look outside his little man window and think about how this could impact not only the football club but the wider community of Derby. 

If that poor bugger thinks he's hit hard times, think about how many local people in Derby have suffered losing loved ones to the COVID pandemic, losing their jobs and they've still brought the pride and passion into supporting the football team through of the most difficult seasons in the club's history. He won't be gaining any of his compo if he is partly responsible for letting this wonderful football club go 10 feet under. He won't see one penny of it. Where is the benefit from these claims. Get over yourself, look at human aspect of the situation. If he's going to sue someone, go after Mel. We've done nothing to deserve this as a fan base. His quarrel is with someone who isn't involved in the football club anymore. Leave us alone.