Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I will accept notts forest beating them in the semi finals of the play off before losing to crap West Brom 

If we ever get out of this mess I think we need to reassess who our true rivals are, Forest are simply down the road and want to see us relegated. Boro on the other hand want to liquidate us.

Honestly, whatever happens I will always have more hatred to Middlesbrough then I ever will Forest.

2 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

If we ever get out of this mess I think we need to reassess who our true rivals are, Forest are simply down the road and want to see us relegated. Boro on the other hand want to liquidate us.

Honestly, whatever happens I will always have more hatred to Middlesbrough then I ever will Forest.

Boro are 2nd on my list , i genuinely couldnt hate any club more than Leeds

It’s like the Frankie Boyle Israel joke:

”I don’t like my neighbours either, but I haven’t bought a tank…”

Yeah, we don’t like cheating either, but at no point did we go after QPR or Villa with the aim of putting them out of existence. You need to get a grip pal because this, makes you come across as extremely unhinged. At best.

2 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

I haven’t ever had hatred for notts forest general dislike due the humour and banter but no more than that whilst leeds were a dreadful set of Dirty players with some dreadful followers but Middlesbrough owner is nothing but a self imposed mafia type - he will probably get put away for tax evasion ?

19 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

if we do get through this i'm setting up a Bury-Derby Supporters Club, providing free Derby tickets to any Bury fans who want them 

Got involved in a spat with a self-righteous Middlesbrough fan online, who adopted the moral high-ground. OK, Mel definitely broke rules, but this argument that Middlesbrough were somehow at a kind of financial disadvantage is ridiculous when they were  in receipt of their second parachute payment which gives certain clubs an advantage at the cost of their rivals in the division.

They spent millions under Monk, who probably cost them a hefty pay-off (his coaching team). Boro took a Mel Morris type gamble on returning to the PL at the first attempt.

Middlesbrough are eyeing promotion at the first attempt - after £50m spend Garry Monk knows he must deliver | The Independent | The Independent

And then the spending started. Heads really did turn when Middlesbrough went out and spent more than £15 million on Britt Assombalonga. It did not stop. Jonny Howson came from Norwich. Ashley Fletcher signed for £6.5 million from West Ham and Lewis Baker is on a season-long loan from Chelsea. The spending has topped £50 million. It is serious ambition.

(players in italics left on free transfers)

£50m is close to what some sides spend in the PL itself. It may be viewed as 'ambition', but it could also be perceived as coming with risk attached, since, at the time of print, (2017), only 2 out of 18 relegated clubs had gone up automatically.

Mr Gibson is never culpable or held personally to account. According to him, Middlesbrough are always hard-done by.

Edited by Asanovic70

May 2017 - Steve Gibson

We should have more resource going into next season than any other club.

There can be no other objective – we want to smash the league next year. We want to go up next year as champions.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/15284615.steve-gibson-says-middlesbrough-will-looking-smash-championship/

They finished 5th, one place and one point above us with the same goal difference.

Wolves: +23 points +21 goal difference

Cardiff: +14 points +8 goal difference

Fulham: +12 points +11 goal difference

Villa: +7 points +8 goal difference

all finished above them.

If he’s claiming that they had ‘more resource’ going into that season than any other club, how did they finish 5th, so far behind the top 4?

Would that be because it’s not all about how much ‘resource’ you have?

If so, how can they so confidently state:

In simple terms so far as MFC is concerned, had Derby County not cheated, MFC would have been in the play-offs. However, Derby County did cheat and, as a result, MFC lost the opportunities that arise as result of that.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-Derby-county

about the following season? They have no idea how an alternative season would have played out, we could have spent far less and performed far better, it’s complete conjecture.

For someone supposed to possess a lot of integrity, Steve Gibson can sound like a right Mel Morris (The Derby way). A lot of bold statements there rather than quiet confidence. 

A good point about how you manage your resources. Brentford the best recent example of a side maximizing things. Middlesbrough clearly failed to do so as you suggest.

MP “hopeful” that is can be resolved.

Resolution means different things to different parties, ranging from

1. DCFC survive in the EFL, avoid liquidation, takeover could proceed but have to sell players to pay off or settle Boro and Wycombe claims and as a consequence likely result in relegation off the pitch - mfc and Wycombe and efl want this I’m sure.

2. We survive. No pay out of any sort to Boro or Wycombe, takeover allowed  to happen, no player sales, we continue to fight rejection on the pitch - our ideal resolution.

i think the MPs may see  ir as simply survive only!

There are other compromise survival scenarios  between these two.

Edited by StrawHillRam

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

Resolution meand different things to different parties, ranging from

1. Avoid liquidation, takeover could proceed but have to sell players to pay off or settle Boro and Wycombe claims and as a consequence likely result in relegation off the pitch - mfc and Wycombe and efl want this I’m sure.

2. No pay out of any sort to Boro or Wycombe, takeover allowed  to happen, no player sales, we continue to fight rejection on the pitch - our ideal resolution.

there are other compromise scenarios  between these two

No, I'm happy with number two thanks!

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Boro are 2nd on my list , i genuinely couldnt hate any club more than Leeds

It's amazing, isn't it?

My 1-2-3 was always Juventus, Dirties, Gumps in that order - but Boro are now my No 1 hate, and Wycombe have pushed Forest down to fifth (where they will probably finish this season, thus ensuring further playoff comedy).

8 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

No, I'm happy with number two thanks!

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's amazing, isn't it?

My 1-2-3 was always Juventus, Dirties, Gumps in that order - but Boro are now my No 1 hate, and Wycombe have pushed Forest down to fifth (where they will probably finish this season, thus ensuring further playoff comedy).

It is Gibson i hate, not Boro per se

EFL high on the hate list too

Edited by StrawHillRam

17 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

1. DCFC survive in the EFL, avoid liquidation, takeover could proceed but have to sell players to pay off or settle Boro and Wycombe claims and as a consequence likely result in relegation off the pitch - mfc and Wycombe and efl want this I’m sure.

2. We survive. No pay out of any sort to Boro or Wycombe, takeover allowed  to happen, no player sales, we continue to fight rejection on the pitch - our ideal resolution.

I still have fight in me but the closer and closer it gets to Feb 1st I'm more inclined to say f'k it do want needs to be done to ensure we still have a Derby County Football Club and that **** *** Gibson knows this.

1 hour ago, Asanovic70 said:

Got involved in a spat with a self-righteous Middlesbrough fan online, who adopted the moral high-ground. OK, Mel definitely broke rules

I think you can just stop there.

I remember the sucker punch of the 2014 playoff final. It hurt not just because of what happened in the 90 minutes, or Keogh's mistake, or Zamora's finish, but because we were a sensibly-run club living within our means against a team of over-paid and over-priced players clearly there to pick up a pay packet. It really, truly felt like the 'wrong' team won, and QPR were effectively rewarded for cheating.

At no point did I ever want QPR to be liquidated, threatened with expulsion, or relegated to the third tier. My gripe was never with QPR fans, and for the crimes of Tony Fernandes, I wouldn't want a community to lose its club, Loftus Road to become derelict, or see 140 years of history turn to dust just because of the immorality of a handful of board members who happened to be at the club at the time.

It's not worth engaging with any Boro or Wycombe fan who cannot see that; those that want the scene of the crime punished rather than the criminals themselves aren't true football fans. They are prepared for an entire community to suffer as the fall guys and girls just to make themselves feel better about their own club's shortcomings. There is nothing you can do or say to change their mind, it's already made up.

49 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

We could sell off players, not that we'd raise much in the fire sale, but the Administrators can't pay Boro & Wycombe before Preferential Creditors defined by Law (not those defined by the EFL's rules). 

Every Creditor listed on that Statement of Affairs (other than Mel) has a great moral right to be paid before those two vampire clubs. I'm surprised that the "morally-unimpeachable" Gibson & Couhig would suggest otherwise.

23 minutes ago, Duracell said:

At no point did I ever want QPR to be liquidated, threatened with expulsion, or relegated to the third tier. My gripe was never with QPR fans, and for the crimes of Tony Fernandes, I wouldn't want a community to lose its club, Loftus Road to become derelict, or see 140 years of history turn to dust just because of the immorality of a handful of board members who happened to be at the club at the time.

I have to confess, in the immediate aftermath of the game and for a long time afterwards, I did harbour a serious grudge against both QPR and a section of their fanbase. Their fans after the match were full of it, no humility for the massive slice of luck they'd had against a team who dominated them and finished higher than  them in the table. They displayed no humility either online (not that that is unexpected) and then their owners tried to wriggle out of the charges. I've never seen a single instance of contrition from that club or its fans.

Over recent times, as they've had to cut their cloth accordingly, I'd mellowed, although their continual references to THAT goal are tedious and tinpot. Then the other day I saw a comment by one of their fans where they claimed that "QPR were the only victims of their FFP misunderstanding", so now I wouldn't shed a tear regardless of what happened to them.

They're still owned by the same people and last year they tried to get the remainder of their fine cancelled by the EFL. Still no contrition or humility.

EDIT : I should add that I might not care about what happens to them, but I wouldn't gloat or send them messages like "Are you going bust Zamora?"

Edited by Crewton