Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

EFL and mfc statements are discrediting Quantuma to a large extent. This directly impacts their reputation and business. Surely Quantuma can sue for defamation or some sort of libel case.

Unless of course Quantuma haven’t done a professional  job?  And they have been exposed? Who knows

Edited by StrawHillRam

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

EFL and mfc statements are discrediting Quantuma to a large extent. This directly impacts their reputation and business. Surely Quantuma can sue for defamation or some sort of libel case.

I guess that depends. The MFC statement says that they contacted Quantuma in November and got no further response until last week. That might actually be true. 

It sounds like MFC have essentially said "Let's talk about how much you owe us" to which I'd imagine the response was "we owe you nothing as it stands" and nothing has happened since.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If they could point to the bit in the LAP documentation that said we've cheated that'd be great. In fact, did the LAP documentation not go so far as to say that we they do not consider us to have cheated, simply misinterpreted the rules?

It's all in DC2. There's pages and pages of it, but this is a good bit:

image.png.39f13d6fd4b287d64e90500b96bb8dfc.png

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

surely you can be sued for saying an organisation cheated when there is zero evidence that it did? It also sounds like he is calling out other things that we were cleared of but still calling them cheating !!

It is an outrageous accusation, and I reckon that a counter-claim should be submitted for defamation, libel and turning me into a newt.

OK, perhaps not that last bit.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I guess that depends. The MFC statement says that they contacted Quantuma in November and got no further response until last week. That might actually be true. 

It sounds like MFC have essentially said "Let's talk about how much you owe us" to which I'd imagine the response was "we owe you nothing as it stands" and nothing has happened since.

It’s like you went away traveling for a couple of months at the end of spring and didn’t get a Gardner to keep you now over growing garden tidy.

Next thing you know your neighbor sends you a letter demanding thousands for devaluing their house!

I wonder if this statement by Boro might be ill advised in the long run. They seem to make public the grounds for their claim, being DCFC and their directors’ “cheating” under P&S rules.

1. As per the league regulations, isn’t it squarely in the remit of the EFL to determine punishment in the case of P&S infringements? This is to prevent a club being subject to 23 separate claims from clubs once they are suspected of wrongdoing.

2. It’s obvious to everyone that the EFL have already ruled on that P&S infringement. Just look at the league table.

3. In one of the written decisions (can’t be sure which one) it is made really clear by the EFL that the decision means individual clubs have no grounds for a further claim on the basis of missing promotion/getting relegated; and it would be impossible to attribute a value to any such claim. Someone has pointed this out on Twitter- I wish I was savvy enough to find the precise comment and post it here… (help welcome).

4. If Boro believe the directors acted improperly (“cheated”) should that not be a claim against the individual as opposed to the club?

5. Isn’t it widely known that Aston Villa exceeded the P&S limits in the same season? Why haven’t Boro made similar claim against that club? If it’s because Villa are no longer a member of the EFL, doesn’t that point towards the fact that the EFL have a role in settling the matter?

At the end of the day, I am not sure if there is any party who can force Boro to retract their claim, regardless of how spurious it might be. Other than perhaps the EFL. But I think we can all expect the EFL to dig heels in- there is no way they will climb down now, as it will be a PR calamity, and effectively an admission that they acted incorrectly in letting it go this far.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Yeah, I wondered how likely it was that Q would contact Boro and say, oh btw we're gonna blow you away with the Insolvency laws, bye! 

"The claim is not limited merely to the amortisation issue in respect of which a Disciplinary Panel have already found Derby County to have breached the P&S Rules. Without breaking the confidentiality of the proceedings, in simple terms, MFC allege Derby County and its directors systematically cheated under the P&S Rules and that such cheating affects the integrity of the competition."

Erm, thank you for that one, Middlesbrough FC. That makes everything soooooo much clearer.