Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

Not sure what Di Marco’s comments mean here “due to my work” - has he been contacted by DCFC or even by the EFL?

Is he still linking old cases in case they have a connection to the current situation? 

Slightly bizarre response.

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Not sure what Di Marco’s comments mean here “due to my work” - has he been contacted by DCFC or even by the EFL?

Is he still linking old cases in case they have a connection to the current situation? 

My guess would be having represented DCFC v the EFL he doesn't want to be seen to be making any comment on cases he's not directly involved in (I don't think he's acting in the current situation).

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

We need to raise it by coffee break Monday morning if we don't want to lose any more players before they're sold off for peanuts by the Administrators.

agree ASAP, I would be surprised if someone didnt go for Lawrence, last year of contract, biggest earner, what would you offer £100-£500k?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If worst comes to worst and we end up getting liquidated, I’m sure there will be a large number of Derby fans travelling up to the Riverside to “enjoy” their games.

Don't forget that Wycombe banker (the thread title needs changing), he's happy to see us go to the wall!

17 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

… us playing a depleted team for the rest of the season will not compromise the league

They’ll probably come up with something like “you aren’t fielding a full strength team so for all the remaining games of the season we’re deducting you 1 point and awarding it to your opponents”

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If worst comes to worst and we end up getting liquidated, I’m sure there will be a large number of Derby fans travelling up to the Riverside to “enjoy” their games.

I was thinking we could all stay in touch with a Saturday lunchtime drinking session, we could pick a different town to visit every other week.

4 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

I think we should go to a wycombe match as well and at a pre determined time start our disruption and let the chairman know our feelings about him ,go home yank seems a good one .

The Blackpool fans' approach was to indulge in peaceful disruption of a game. They smuggled in hundreds of tennis balls and oranges, then at a predetermined moment, threw them onto the pitch causing a disruption in play. Might be a consideration for a televised game?

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

Conflict of interest and confidentiality. What he would like to say but can’t is the Efl are duck jobs.

37 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The Blackpool fans' approach was to indulge in peaceful disruption of a game. They smuggled in hundreds of tennis balls and oranges, then at a predetermined moment, threw them onto the pitch causing a disruption in play. Might be a consideration for a televised game?

Well we do play a special game soon,  i think some team to the east of us they say its an old team so it must be Notts County lol.

I’m still trying to understand everything a bit I’ve got to be honest, but I think what’s starting to be clear (and I think something we’ve known all along) is that the true battle is between Gibson and the EFL. It’s a really stupid battle on Gibson’s part but it’s showing up the EFL’s incompetence. We’ve ended up being a very convenient pawn in the process of kicking the can down the road so neither have to act, but maybe it’s starting to come to a head now.

If any MP’s, journalists want to look into this then that’s where this starts and ends. Morris and Derby were just as stupid, of which we’ve been punished, but their actions are now causing a serious dent into Derbys season and even their existence. All because the EFL don’t want to sort Gibson out. The transfers, the emails, the ststements from the EFL have been nothing short of an insult to Derby County