Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

Just now, Sparkle said:

I agree but it is happening and the EFL have basically insisted on it happening 

It depends how much farther we go in terms of selling. So far we’ve shed two players, one of whom was out of contract tomorrow, and the other out of contract in the summer. The effect on the overall value of the club has been negligible. Now, if we sell Knight for 10p tomorrow then that obviously has a much larger detrimental impact.

I think the Admins are looking to raise the funds via other means, but shedding those two players saves on their wages, meaning they have to raise less funds to see us through the rest of the season.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Of course it would affect clubs - it would probably get Stoke city promoted ! But that wouldn’t bother the EFL that’s why they want us gone by feb 1st so they can say everyone else had 3 months notice otherwise why would they have a deadline?

My point is we need to get teams thinking about the implications now……not months down the line.

The prospect of this happening might get them asking questions of the EFL/applying pressure.

Its a Hail Mary and may have no impact, but we’ve got nothing to lose 

We also need to publicise/face down the EFL’s removal of “golden ticket” threat.

Edited by Ramarena

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

It depends how much farther we go in terms of selling. So far we’ve shed two players, one of whom was out of contract tomorrow, and the other out of contract in the summer. The effect on the overall value of the club has been negligible. Now, if we sell Knight for 10p tomorrow then that obviously has a much larger detrimental impact.

I think the Admins are looking to raise the funds via other means, but shedding those two players saves on their wages, meaning they have to raise less funds to see us through the rest of the season.

It’s four players in about 3 days with Marshall and Baldock 

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

My point is we need to get teams thinking about the implications now……not months down the line.

The prospect of this happening might get them asking questions of the EFL/applying pressure.

We also need to publicise/face down the EFL’s removal of “golden ticket” threat.

It’s in two weeks we could be gone and the EFL can’t sort a meeting to have a meeting with the two parasite clubs for months now

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s four players in about 3 days with Marshall and Baldock 

Of course. Neither of those are huge losses against the value of the club again though. Baldock was out of contract imminently, and Marshall in the Summer(?). One seemed almost permanently injured and the other permanently unselectable. Both wages saved, reducing again the amount of £££ needed to see out the season without having a huge effect on the team. 

Edited by StaffsRam

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

All that aside, if they took away our “golden ticket” they’d be opening such an unimaginable can of worms.

Clubs would demand to know what happens to the points won/lost against us, how many relegation places would there be, etc, etc, etc.

Legal threats would start flying as there would be no solution that suits every team.

Would the EFL want this when they are about to enter a period with clubs in serious FFP and debt situations?

And this is why I think we should be applying this pressure to the EFL right now by talking up in the media, the potential scenario of not completing our fixtures. 

Time to focus minds

Don't gamble on this, no different to dealing with Covid.

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is and has been the crux of the matter all along.

If the EFL came out and said the claims aren't as a 'football creditor' until proven then things would look different!

While boro have representation on the efl board there is no chance of that.. the efl are corrupt as duck.. hows that not conflict of interest 

2 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Of course. Neither of those are huge losses against the value of the club again though. Baldock was out of contract imminently, and Marshall in the Summer(?). One seemed almost permanently injured and the other permanently unselectable. Both wages saved, reducing again the amount of £££ needed to see out the season without having a huge effect on the team. 

Jason Knight supposed  to be the next out for a Premiership club, but the club/admins should wait a few days to see if the MPs, petitions etc can get a change in approach from the EFL  

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't gamble on this, no different to dealing with Covid.

In my jaundiced view of the way the EFL works (or doesn't), those clubs which soon could possibly be in hock for FFP & P&S breaches (Stoke, Bristol City, even Boro themselves) - would plead Covid 'Force Majeure', and have that plea accepted - IMHO the EFL could say DCFC were a different case because they already had serious debt (HMRC) before Covid was having an effect.

3 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

In my jaundiced view of the way the EFL works (or doesn't), those clubs which soon could possibly be in hock for FFP & P&S breaches (Stoke, Bristol City, even Boro themselves) - would plead Covid 'Force Majeure', and have that plea accepted - IMHO the EFL could say DCFC were a different case because they already had serious debt (HMRC) before Covid was having an effect.

Ssshhh Don’t tell them  the answer

7 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

I meant in the way the EFL was able find an answer - ie the ppg that took Wycombe up.

13 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

We don’t actually know that’s true, do we? We know we had cash flow problems paying HMRC, at the same time we struggled to pay players, but as far as we know that was all cleared up. 

3 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Ahhh John Maddens Football 5 seconds on the clock left and you launch a Hail Mary to piss your mate off knowing they wont be able to come back from it....happy days

Edited by Tyler Durden

Latest news is Mike Ashley is going to have a meeting with Steve Gibson to come to some sort of agreement. I wonder if Mike Ashley read my comments that he should give Gibson and the Gobby Yank at Wtcombe a ring and threaten to take them to court.  Gibson is clutching at straws trying to raise cash for M'boro knowing they are in breach of FFP and could be docked points next season along with Stoke and Bristol City.  Stoke are trying to get the figure for debt adjusted because of covid and Bristol are joining in on trying to push the EFL to give some leeway.

The EFL want to make an example of us, that bending FFP rules never prospers (except if your QPR, or Bournemouth, or Villa, but whatever). 

so the only way we’re punished if if we get relegated. And they’re trying everything in their power to make sure that happens. Like giving someone a trial by combat, and if you did, then god has found you guilty. But if the jury already think you’re guilty, then they stack the odds against you. And if you start winning, despite all those odds, then they Chuck a couple of extra tigers into the pit to make things interesting. But they can’t straight up kill you. think gladiator, or the viper vs the mountain in game of thrones. 

but, if we do make it out, can’t the EFL spin that to say, ‘see, look what you can achieve by living within your means, with a tiny budget and a bit of grit and determination, no one needs to break FFP rules.’ At the minute, all they’re proving to other clubs is, with no money and no ability to buy players, you’re doomed, so you best do whatever you can to spend as much money as you can. 

PS after every win at pride park now, the players should be doing this: 

image.gif.ca7a1fa302b73335720d011aef31ca86.gif

I think it helps to look at the punishments we’ve received from the EFL

- We’ve been under embargo for around two years.

- We’ve had 21 points deducted.

- We’re potentially on the verge of liquidation, despite having 3 buyers waiting in the wings.

- We’ve had a fresh embargo this window.

- We are now selling and releasing players for pittance.

And still they refuse to remove theIr boot from our clubs throat. 

What’s next?