Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

26 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The EFL want to make an example of us, that bending FFP rules never prospers (except if your QPR, or Bournemouth, or Villa, but whatever). 

so the only way we’re punished if if we get relegated. And they’re trying everything in their power to make sure that happens. Like giving someone a trial by combat, and if you did, then god has found you guilty. But if the jury already think you’re guilty, then they stack the odds against you. And if you start winning, despite all those odds, then they Chuck a couple of extra tigers into the pit to make things interesting. But they can’t straight up kill you. think gladiator, or the viper vs the mountain in game of thrones. 

but, if we do make it out, can’t the EFL spin that to say, ‘see, look what you can achieve by living within your means, with a tiny budget and a bit of grit and determination, no one needs to break FFP rules.’ At the minute, all they’re proving to other clubs is, with no money and no ability to buy players, you’re doomed, so you best do whatever you can to spend as much money as you can. 

PS after every win at pride park now, the players should be doing this: 

image.gif.ca7a1fa302b73335720d011aef31ca86.gif

I just started thinking of the gladiators TV show. That was good saturday tea time telly.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I think it helps to look at the punishments we’ve received from the EFL

- We’ve been under embargo for around two years.

- We’ve had 21 points deducted.

- We’re potentially on the verge of liquidation, despite having 3 buyers waiting in the wings.

- We’ve had a fresh embargo this window.

- We are now selling and releasing players for pittance.

And still they refuse to remove theIr boot from our clubs throat. 

What’s next?

Liquidated it seems

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I meant in the way the EFL was able find an answer - ie the ppg that took Wycombe up.

Talking at cross-purposes? I was only speculating how the EFL might treat other rule-breaking clubs more leniently if they did not have a huge creditor liability like HMRC prior to Covid....Wycombe's Duckworth-Lewis promotion route was another aberration!

Edited by Woodypecker

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is and has been the crux of the matter all along.

If the EFL came out and said the claims aren't as a 'football creditor' until proven then things would look different!

the EFL can't just exercise discretion about what is and is not a football creditor. It needs to apply its rules. Have you read the definition? 

Edited by kevinhectoring

6 hours ago, YouRams said:

IF Ashley see’s no other way to purchase than to pay Boro and Wycombe off the EFL have opened the biggest can of worms for themselves and I think it’ll be the beginning of the end for them.

a simple rule change puts the lid back on that can of worms 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

the EFL can't just exercise discretion about what is and is not a football creditor. It needs to apply its rules. Have you read the definition? 

The EFL cannot apply rules that are unlawful. Did you not read the Quantuma statement? It's not about "rules" or "discretion". It's about the "statute". And anyway EFL can change the rules, they are obviously in deep trouble on this. 

2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

The line to take against the EFL is that they’re complicit in attempting to place Boro and Wycombe as football creditors and edging them ahead of genuine creditors like HMRC. 

Exactly. Morally, and according to Quantuma,  legally as well its wrong, which is why EFL are outvoted on this.  

Somehow we need to raise £7m by the end of the month, the only way is by the preferred bidder putting £7m into a bank account. 

It is clear that the EFL want us relegated but remember it was Mel and Pearce that put us in this position.  

We cannot do anything about the EFL in the short term so the Admins need to concentrate on the preferred bidder putting £7m in a bank account.

I don’t understand the EFL stance on Middlesbrough and Wycombe as neither have applied to court to sue us or asked to go down the arbitration route.

The EFL issue is not just about us, it’s about everyone. The Government need to appoint an independent regulator (the same as banking, insurance, energy etc) to oversee the industry of sport, particularly in football it has been shown that they cannot regulate themselves. All of those wanting covid deductions to satisfy FFP will want independent and transparent decisions from the EFL are they likely to have that.

I read on twitter (so probably not true) that the EFL only allowed Derby and Reading 5 mil for covid losses, which if true would leave a lot 0f clubs in major problems

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I think it helps to look at the punishments we’ve received from the EFL

- We’ve been under embargo for around two years.

- We’ve had 21 points deducted.

- We’re potentially on the verge of liquidation, despite having 3 buyers waiting in the wings.

- We’ve had a fresh embargo this window.

- We are now selling and releasing players for pittance.

And still they refuse to remove theIr boot from our clubs throat. 

What’s next?

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

Somehow we need to raise £7m by the end of the month, the only way is by the preferred bidder putting £7m into a bank account. 

We need to raise it by coffee break Monday morning if we don't want to lose any more players before they're sold off for peanuts by the Administrators.