Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

35 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’m still trying to understand everything a bit I’ve got to be honest, but I think what’s starting to be clear (and I think something we’ve known all along) is that the true battle is between Gibson and the EFL. It’s a really stupid battle on Gibson’s part but it’s showing up the EFL’s incompetence. We’ve ended up being a very convenient pawn in the process of kicking the can down the road so neither have to act, but maybe it’s starting to come to a head now.

If any MP’s, journalists want to look into this then that’s where this starts and ends. Morris and Derby were just as stupid, of which we’ve been punished, but their actions are now causing a serious dent into Derbys season and even their existence. All because the EFL don’t want to sort Gibson out. The transfers, the emails, the ststements from the EFL have been nothing short of an insult to Derby County

I believe Boro have a claim against the EFL if they don't break us

7 minutes ago, Oldben said:

The news from the administrators if accepted by efl completes the end of Middlesbrough and Wycombe unsubstantiated claims against Derby.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-efl-middlesbrough-wycombe-6502288?utm_source=derbyshire_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=welcome_dcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

I think that’s what the Admins took to the EFL on Thursday, and the EFL didn’t agree….because their own rules haven’t been updated to reflect the latest statute.

15 minutes ago, Oldben said:

The news from the administrators if accepted by efl completes the end of Middlesbrough and Wycombe unsubstantiated claims against Derby.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-efl-middlesbrough-wycombe-6502288?utm_source=derbyshire_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=welcome_dcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Don't hold your breath...

21 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed, as I mentioned earlier, they’ve opened Pandora’s box in their arrogance and shirt sightedness.

The fall out could be spectacular and unexpected.

Beware of unintended consequences!

Rick and his EFL mates need to wise up. How can you have a regulator that doesn’t update its policies/rule book in tandem with changes in UK Law?

Although they’ve only just heard about Jimmy Hill overturning the wage cap of £20 a week.

41 minutes ago, Oldben said:

It is said that the EFL board have external advice that Middlesbrough and Wycombe are football creditors - and therefore owed every penny - but the relevant law changed only recently and the EFL rulebook has not been updated to reflect it.

Ahhhhhhh feck off.  How can you be a creditor if there is no actual confirmed liability.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wycombe fan rallies round. Not.

If theyre run like a business and to be treated like any other business then logically they must obey and be subject to the same laws, Graham Auld you plum.

So yes, lets do that then - and heave yours and that permed buffoon's ludicrous "football-creditor-from-baseless-claim-cos-the-efls- out-of-date-rule-book-that-applies-to-no-other-business-says-so" claims into the nearest skip where they belong! 

? 

If Mike Ashley takes over Steve Gibson would be sensible to drop all claims and I suspect he knows it and it is why the EFL is trying to get it paid first. 
Mike Ashley took my business down and hundreds of others that were in the same line of business. I won't say what the product was or the brand. 
What happened was we were selling a product that meant we made 90% of our money in the lead up to Xmas. Sports Direct also sold the product and started to cut the price, myself and many others matched their cut. The result was the next year Sports Direct bought up every available product so the manufacturer had none for any other customer. They also sold the products for less than they paid for them so killed off all the competition. 
When I first heard he was in the bidding for Derby I wanted anyone but Mike Ashley to buy Derby because of what he did to me in the past. However with what has happened in the last week I know hope he becomes the owner and does to Steve Gibson what he did to me. He seems to me like he will take down anyone that stands in his way which is just the type of person Derby needs. 

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

It sounds good but this is the last throw of the administrators dice.

Basically a creditor deal settled in court rather than agreed with creditors. Its not in the EFL rules but is in financial law.

Imo this isn't the best sign but we have no other option the EFL are a law unto themselves. 

Edited by kingsy1884

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It is said that the EFL board have external advice that Middlesbrough and Wycombe are football creditors - and therefore owed every penny - but the relevant law changed only recently and the EFL rulebook has not been updated to reflect it.

Ahhhhhhh feck off.  How can you be a creditor if there is no actual confirmed liability.

Is this the same EFL that took external advice about the value of Pride Park and got laughed out of the room? The advice probably came from Mike Parry wearing glasses and a fake beard.

20 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

If Mike Ashley takes over Steve Gibson would be sensible to drop all claims and I suspect he knows it and it is why the EFL is trying to get it paid first. 
Mike Ashley took my business down and hundreds of others that were in the same line of business. I won't say what the product was or the brand. 
What happened was we were selling a product that meant we made 90% of our money in the lead up to Xmas. Sports Direct also sold the product and started to cut the price, myself and many others matched their cut. The result was the next year Sports Direct bought up every available product so the manufacturer had none for any other customer. They also sold the products for less than they paid for them so killed off all the competition. 
When I first heard he was in the bidding for Derby I wanted anyone but Mike Ashley to buy Derby because of what he did to me in the past. However with what has happened in the last week I know hope he becomes the owner and does to Steve Gibson what he did to me. He seems to me like he will take down anyone that stands in his way which is just the type of person Derby needs. 

I don't think any of us are under any illusion that Ashley is a benevolent businessman who works on win-win and mutual cooperation basis.

If (and it's still if) he takes over Derby, it'll only be after every last trick to screw down creditors has been done. The state the club will be in after all that is likely to be pretty dreadful.

I don't think anyone involved in a business he took over has ever had any good word for him.

But, when it comes to him or oblivion.

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

The Blackpool fans' approach was to indulge in peaceful disruption of a game. They smuggled in hundreds of tennis balls and oranges, then at a predetermined moment, threw them onto the pitch causing a disruption in play. Might be a consideration for a televised game?

They might get a tad suspicious when their usual gates of 2,000 rise to 12,000 for one week only. 

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

If Woolworths were wound up because their exit from admin was prevented by Smiths and Poundland suing them over amortization of pick-and-mix profits, then he might have a point.

If if Woolworths was the centre of a community for 32,000+++ families. 

and, this may sound a little entitled, but who the duck are Wycombe?!?