Wayne Rooney press conference

True Ram

26 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

“How do you handle the pressure Wayne”

” I have had pressure since I was 16, I have no problem with pressure, it’s my job to help other people, staff, players handle the pressure”

Right man, right time

As I mentioned some time ago, there's a lot of Dave Mackay's spirit about him.

6 minutes ago, Burton_Ram said:

Awesome interview yes…

… but do we have to careful not to upset Mr Morris too much with negative comments and laying into him in public… he does still hold the keys to Pride Park Stadium.

I quite like the idea of just moving on now and not having any more to say on him. 

What's done is done and any energy wasted on anger could be better spent elsewhere. 

He did throw a huge amount of his own fortune at the club but we are where we are because of him. 

Can't wait to move on

After a rough month accidentally injuring Jason Knight, and the hotel room sleeping incident, the man has been a beacon for the club.

Criticise his on the pitch stuff, fine. But even that's been improving. You cannot criticise how he's handled the backroom stuff. 

Lampard always felt like he was only using the club as a stepping stone. The same can't be said for Rooney - it feels like he actually cares.

55 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Says the Morris Radio Derby interview on Sunday was the same as the talk he gave the squad and staff. Insincere and dishonest.

Wayne is laying into Morris!

I was hoping the interview on Sunday was just for show. Given he said the same sort of stuff to the players and staff pretty much confirms he believes exactly what he was saying publicly.

boo GIF

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just said that if we get more points deducted we might then play the youngsters to prepare us for League 1 - which wouldn't necessarily be fair to other teams or the integrity of the league! Nice one Wayne, get those 'threats' in early! #COYR

Makes sense. There's a point at which the total deduction is insurmountable. Once January comes, we may as well sell who won't be here next season whilst they're still under contract, then give whoever is left some first team experience. Either they'll impress enough to be sold on for money to help with a rebuild, or they'll gain valuable experience.

8 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Alan Nixon minutes before tweeted it was an urban myth. I pointed it out to him in a retweet and I got this in return:

1656543029_Screenshot2021-09-23at15_57_21.thumb.png.25c32548aee2a62fd8d35bb0adf411e2.png

I'm honoured.

Haha the idiot. 

Nobody needs a bop on the nose more than someone who can't accept they're wrong

You were wrong Alan. Take it on the chin. It even happens to wives sometimes

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Rooney confirmed that he has been funding things from his own pocket. 

Heroic 

In the recent Rio Ferdinand interview, one of the Derby analysts showed a drone they use in training for recording footage to look at later. He said the club bought it, then corrected himself to say that Wayne had actually paid for it.

34 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Started looking for admin advice 3 weeks ago, just days after the transfer window closed...

It begs the question why we didn't sell player(s) when we had the chance to avoid admin

The only possible angle I can think of was to not disturb any potential buyers.