Wayne Rooney press conference

True Ram

Wayne Rooney stating what most of us on here already know that Mel Morris is a scumbag.

Never ever been sure about him from the time he went into the dressing room under Clement.

Whatever points deductions are coming, take them all now.

Barring a miracle, league one is inevitable. We don't want any more points deductions when we are there.

First thing any new owner needs to do is give Rooney a new deal and tell him to take us back up.

1 hour ago, Burton_Ram said:

Awesome interview yes…

… but do we have to careful not to upset Mr Morris too much with negative comments and laying into him in public… he does still hold the keys to Pride Park Stadium.

Exactly. Not sure what the point of Rooney having a pop at him was . The interview on Radio Derby was maybe a bit cold and unemotional but  nothing Morris said in it struck me as dishonest .

6 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Is buying stuff out of your own pocket for work that rare?.

Maybe it's just me but I regularly buy bits & bobs that make my job easier/nicer and don't claim them back

Probably not rare but not everyone would do it. 

A lot of people don't need much excuse to look after number one. As we have seen in the pandemic. There's an alarming number of people who will actually take what they don't have rights to if they can get away with it. And they'll have some nonsense reason to justify it. 

So I think it's nice to see nice things celebrated.

I know you weren't having a dig though so let's hear it for Sir Wolfie too! ?

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Exactly. Not sure what the point of Rooney having a pop at him was . The interview on Radio Derby was maybe a bit cold and unemotional but  nothing Morris said in it struck me as dishonest .

I think what bothered Rooney is that staff were looking to him for answers and he couldn't give any because nobody had bothered to tell him anything. 

And Rooney being the guy he is wants to tell these people what they can expect, what might be down the road and what they can prepare for

I think what he wanted is more honesty and openness. I don't think he means to say that Mel has deceived anyone exactly. Just that he didn't have the best interests of the people at heart. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think what bothered Rooney is that staff were looking to him for answers and he couldn't give any because nobody had bothered to tell him anything. 

And Rooney being the guy he is wants to tell these people what they can expect, what might be down the road and what they can prepare for

I think what he wanted is more honesty and openness. I don't think he means to say that Mel has deceived anyone exactly. Just that he didn't have the best interests of the people at heart. 

"He said: “I have not spoken to him since August 9 and I find that a little bit disrespectful, if I’m being honest. There was no phone call, no message.

“It was not sincere or heartfelt enough [when Morris addressed club staff and players earlier this week to discuss the situation].

“Staff said they got more out of a five-minute meeting with me than with 45 minutes with Mel Morris.

“We have to now put him to the back of our minds and move on.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/23/Derby-set-additional-nine-point-deduction-ending-lingering-hopes/

Efl now going to hit us with 9 extra points to guarantee we are relegated.

Why go on playing after that.

Zero point playing this season.

I'd rather just take legal action against the efl.

Do you see any new owners with Derby not owning the club, training ground and being upto 70 million in debt.

Now the club will be in league one.

Absolutely time to take legal action against the efl and probably morris

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Do you see any new owners with Derby not owning the club, training ground and being upto 70 million in debt.

Not sure I'd want you next to me in the trenches. 

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

You're not getting what this administration thing actually means are you?

7 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Face Palm GIF by Captain Obvious

Gotta hold my hands up and say Rooney has really gone up in my estimation.  At the end of last season I wanted a change in manager but fair play to him, not only had he playing better football & getting results but the way he's conducted things in the last week has shown he genuinely cares about the club and it's staff.

Well Done Reaction GIF

Just listened to the interview - thanks @RoyMac5 for the link. 

Have to say it got me a bit emotional which surprised me. Rooney's comments, attitude, support, empathy and God knows how many other superlatives was nothing short of outstanding. 

• 100% cleared up questions around communication with Mel confirming Mel's ignored him since early August - utterly shameful behaviour.
  • 100% cleared up questions about Mel's total lack of care, simply repeating his cold, insincere radio speech to staff and players whose livelihoods he's put at real risk 
  • 100% cleared up the questions of whether he's personally funded some things - he has, so the players and staff have what they need to progress.
  • 100% cleared up questions around what he thought of Mel - and as direct as he still was, he was clearly being diplomatic.
  • 100% cleared up his commitment to this club, the players, the staff and us fans. 

We've had other threads opining views on Rooney but in my honest opinion, this bloke is already a legend just for sticking by us and for doing what he's done with the team despite everything going on.  He seriously could afford to walk away, but for the council estate lad who fought for everything he has, he simply won't unlike our esteemed previous owner.  Credit too the players who could so easily capitulate.  And credit tot to LR & Co who resolutely stand by Rooney. 

What I do get out of this, and the Administrator's press conference, is that there is a huge belief in this club, regardless of whether we remain in the Championship, or, more likely L1 and that mid to long term we will come again better, fitter and stronger.  

I have honestly been doom and gloom this past few days, but today, there's a ray of light for me, that those in the wings might, just might genuinely want to see us good, and not simply cash in and see us fade ingloriously away.  

20 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Sorry old chap, but really?  

Oreo Greg Miller GIF by Kinda Funny

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Incredible leadership from Rooney. Couldn't have any more respect for the man, he doesn't have to put up with this poo but has because he cares. ducking fair play Wayne.

yep very impressed with Wayne today - inspiring words from him