Wayne Rooney press conference

True Ram

36 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Will MM issue a release to correct the "inaccurate facts" think we will be waiting a long time,seems he really hates being called out. "I didn't avoid his calls,the battery on my phone just happened to have run out at those times". When were his calls again"?

Actually Mel, That's a great question. Let me tell you exactly when he made them.  September blah, then again on blah, blah the 5th, at nine forty blah am, then again at blah o'clock.  He also blah-app'd you on the blah'th, and tried to faceblah you after corrie last blahday.

I honestly can’t believe the level of loyalty (which apparently in football doesn’t exist) and dedication that our Wayne’s showing. 

That contract that 32red put together must be ruddy brilliant. ?

Mans on course for a statue out side the ground if he carries on like this.

5 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Will be interesting to see if there any posts still defending MM

I'll try to restore some balance. MM has poured £££s into the club in pursuit of his dream and ours. He's made some foolish mistakes, been unlucky and has been up against a system that forces ambitious chairmen to roll the dice. Were you listening to what the administrators said (russian roulette etc) ? But he's ultimately paid the price for being hot headed, too strong headed and too inexperienced to take an executive role. And we are sharing the pain  

As others have said, he is no angel. But he is no devil. 

Likewise, Rooney has said and done plenty of foolish things in his short time with the club. He Is now -  I agree - showing the leadership that is required. Let's hope his positive influence continues. This is a long game. We need him right now, we really do

But consider this. They are at loggerheads, they have not spoken for many weeks. MM in his interview had nothing but effusive praise for Rooney. Rooney on the other hand did just as the media wanted and took the opportunity to give MM a good slagging off. Oh and this is before a sale in which, according to the administrators, MM has agreed to waive all his debt claims against the club. 

Utterly unnecessary. A shame Rooney missed the opportunity to show his maturity or his class. 

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I'll try to restore some balance. MM has poured £££s into the club in pursuit of his dream and ours. He's made some foolish mistakes, been unlucky and has been up against a system that forces ambitious chairmen to roll the dice. Were you listening to what the administrators said (russian roulette etc) ? But he's ultimately paid the price for being hot headed, too strong headed and too inexperienced to take an executive role. And we are sharing the pain  

Likewise, Rooney has said and done plenty of foolish things in his short time with the club. He Is now -  I agree - showing the leadership that is required. Let's hope his positive influence continues. This is a long game. We need him right now, we really do

But consider this. They are at loggerheads, they have not spoken for many weeks. MM in his interview had nothing but effusive praise for Rooney. Rooney on the other hand did just as the media wanted and took the opportunity to give MM a good slagging off. Oh and this is before a sale in which, according to the administrators, MM has agreed to waive all his debt claims against the club. 

Utterly unnecessary. A shame Rooney missed the opportunity to show his maturity or his class. 

To be fair to Rooney his kept his problems with mel quite until now and is now letting off a bit of steam which imo is fair enough! 

In terms of mel, its been a rollercoaster! Would i have prefered the club to have been run sensibly the last few years and finished mid table? Probably not, the play off push and big names have been exciting! I think if he had paid the debts off and then walked then fair enough but again its his money and its big money were talking, although he did dig that hole!

Its to emotional at the mo, the dust needsto settle and we need to pray this all gets sorted because were a long way from being out the woods yet!

Got to admit tho, im liking Rooney more and more as a manager! 

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I suppose when you feel you you’ve been misled you might feel no need to sugar coat it. Also WR may also feel he will need the support of staff at the club in the future and that MM is yesterday’s man. I think Rooney has been classy and dignified enough. It’s not his fault that we’re in this shitty mess.  That’s Mel's responsibly. 

12 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Ask yourself why they are at loggerheads,i wouldn't imagine it's because Rooney has made undue demands on MM.He was asking questions of reassurance and never got a response. MM wasn't mature enough to sit down with Rooney to discuss things so if you want to talk about maturity.

Really i thought Rooney showed a lot of maturity, just because he said it how it is doesn't mean he is slagging off MM but might upset some people. As for showing maturity it brings MM's in to doubt when he can't even speak to his manager even more so when the manager of the club you own has to find out via TV that the club is being put into administration.  MM has probably agreed to waive all his debts on the recommendation of the auditors or MSD to ensure it becomes a viable club to sell.

39 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

But in the end he hadn't got the guts and/or the empathy to face up to the people he'd let down the most, the people who'd worked hardest for him. Rooney had been the man that the staff saw as Mel's mouthpiece, who they asked for answers. Answers he couldn't give. Is it any wonder Rooney has some disdain for Mel when the staff are worried about their futures and Mel just ignores them.

Edited by RoyMac5

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is it any wonder Rooney has some disdain for Mel when the staff are worried about their futures and Mel just ignores them.

I have no idea what has really gone on between them and nor have you.   What is becoming clear is that MM refused to fund the video equipment for training that Rooney felt he needed. We know Rooney insulted MM with the pride and dignity comment, you recall this was shortly before the dignified hotel room incident. But those aspects are probably sideshows. We don't know what has caused the rift

(Does Mel "just ignore the staff"? Dunno, but he has had quite a lot on his plate recently.)   

But here's the point of my response: Rooney's disdain for Mel may be utterly justified. Mel is not an angel, as I said.    But given where we are just now, for Rooney to slag MM off publicly as he did today is pointless and obnoxious. The cynics amongst us would say that his PR advice is that MM is now Satan to the fans. And so he is fair and useful game. But that is speculation. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

35 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

he can't even speak to his manager even more so when the manager of the club you own has to find out via TV that the club is being put into administration

I thought the club rushed the statement out because of the leak ? Certainly it was shambolic but whose fault that was we don't know. Nor do we know whether MM's refusal to speak to Rooney 1 on 1 is petulant or justified 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Totaly agree. Rooney playing to the gallery of the press. Cheap and unnecessary. Ok he is miffed that Mel hasn't spoken but Rooney went too far.  

Well Wayne, what a stirring press conference that was. 

the dumb, money grabbing scally from the council estate of Liverpool outsmarting the multi millionaire smooth talking businessman. 
love to see It. 

thanks Wayne, you shouldn’t have to put up with all this, and I’m not sure many others would have. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Totaly agree. Rooney playing to the gallery of the press. Cheap and unnecessary. Ok he is miffed that Mel hasn't spoken but Rooney went too far.  

The 'gallery' asked him questions he answered. If Mel had been in communication with him - still hasn't - then his answers would have been different.