Wayne Rooney press conference

True Ram

41 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I thought the club rushed the statement out because of the leak ? Certainly it was shambolic but whose fault that was we don't know. Nor do we know whether MM's refusal to speak to Rooney 1 on 1 is petulant or justified 

Usually the 1st thing any responsible owner would do is let his manager know, even before rushing a statement out, then again we are talking responsible.

26 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

it's pointless to ask myself that because I don't know. I tried it but there's just a long silence 

You posted they were at loggerheads, i don't see it being posted elsewhere so i would have thought with you putting that you must have an idea why or is that just an assumption on your part hence the long silence. I haven't seen Rooney comment anywhere they were at loggerheads.I wouldn't say (nor did Rooney) that because MM wouldn't enter into discussions with Rooney or prepared to give him answers to the assurances he was seeking that means they were at loggerheads

20 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You posted they were at loggerheads, i don't see it being posted elsewhere so i would have thought with you putting that you must have an idea why or is that just an assumption on your part hence the long silence. I haven't seen Rooney comment anywhere they were at loggerheads.I wouldn't say (nor did Rooney) that because MM wouldn't enter into discussions with Rooney or prepared to give him answers to the assurances he was seeking that means they were at loggerheads

ok I misunderstood. I've been posting for weeks that they are at loggerheads but half those posts have been deleted. It was pretty obvious from Rooney's press (in particular the way he referred to MM), and it's certainly been confirmed this week by the lack of comms between them. What I don't know is the reason why they were and I doubt we will ever get the full story.  Player recruitment or lack of it likely to be a big part of the problem I would guess, also that Rooney keeps saying things to the press then finding he's wrong because he's not been updated. 

Apologies 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

ok I misunderstood. I've been posting for weeks that they are at loggerheads but half those posts have been deleted. It was pretty obvious from Rooney's press (in particular the way he referred to MM), and it's certainly been confirmed this week by the lack of comms between them. What I don't know is the reason why they were and I doubt we will ever get the full story.  Player recruitment or lack of it likely to be a big part of the problem I would guess, also that Rooney keeps saying things to the press then finding he's wrong because he's not been updated. 

Apologies 

What you don't know was IF they were. Morris didn't tell the players they were going into admin either. Nor the staff until after the fact. Nor the fans, lol. But it's only Rooney he's at 'loggerheads' with? Righteo. ?

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Apologies 

No need to apologise, everyone on here just wants the club to come out of this and go onwards and upwards however long that takes. I will be honest i have had my doubts about Rooney but right now i am so glad he is the manager of our team,he has shown these last few weeks his true character. Whatever peoples thoughts of are/were about MM is now irrelevant,he is gone,new owners come in and we move forward.

29 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Just watched the whole interview..Rooney was honest in his reflections. Certainly didn't come across badly at all..only one person to blame and that's the one who walked away leaving Rooney to deal with his inept ownership..

pretty sure the administrators said today that their firm recommended administration as the best option having been asked for their view 3 weeks ago. Actually a lot of what they said corroborated what MM said in his interview - a lot of it. There really seems to be some truth in the view that there's a faction of the EFL board who would only deal with us after they had caused maximum damage to MM. Well, with the filing he has finally waived the white flag and hey presto I think the administrators will get a deal out of the EFL, one that clears the decks after this season

I'm not questioning Rooney's honesty btw. I'm saying that on this occasion he said too much

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What you don't know was IF they were. Morris didn't tell the players they were going into admin either. Nor the staff until after the fact. Nor the fans, lol. But it's only Rooney he's at 'loggerheads' with? Righteo. ?

I believe they have been at loggerheads for some while and Rooney certainly appeared to confirm that today. I started a thread about it some weeks ago and it was removed

The fans were told by a club statement - were you hoping for a call? Usual procedure is for an all staff meeting shortly after the announcement. The comms were clearly not well organised tho and I certainly agree it was reasonable for Rooney to expect a call in advance.

Have you ever been at a company when this sort of thing happens? It's utter chaos. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Quite frankly I don't think there was anything wrong with Rooney's comments towards Mel.

Is it just me who thought his comments were a tad restrained considering the almost complete lack of communication and he even qualified his statements in a few places?

There's been more than a few cases of managers tearing strips of owners in the media for a lot less and doing it whilst they were still in charge. 

30 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

pretty sure the administrators said today that their firm recommended administration as the best option having been asked for their view 3 weeks ago. Actually a lot of what they said corroborated what MM said in his interview - a lot of it. There really seems to be some truth in the view that there's a faction of the EFL board who would only deal with us after they had caused maximum damage to MM. Well, with the filing he has finally waived the white flag and hey presto I think the administrators will get a deal out of the EFL, one that clears the decks after this season

I'm not questioning Rooney's honesty btw. I'm saying that on this occasion he said too much

I can see why you think he said too much.

But as manager he has a duty to a lot of people. And Rooney has never hid from responsibility in his career

I imagine he feels that if he is expected to serve the club as a manager then he insists that he's treated as a manager. Not to be treated like the tea lady. 

We know from his high profile career that he is fierce about winning and being successful. He's a 100% guy. 

I can see how he might feel that he hasn't been allowed to do his job the best it could be done. 

A guy who gives 100% insists 100% back from everyone. 

I can definitely see why he's frustrated. This is what happens when people get frustrated. The bite was quite mild really imo

If you assume what Rooney said was true then Mel could have listened to a totally different interview today by inviting Rooney to a meeting and telling the manager of DCFC what he will be managing and how he wishes it to be managed. 

Rooney clearly finds it insulting that he's not even worth that. Like, he's not trying to play at being manager. He's serious about this role

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Got a lot of respect for Wayne after that.

Every word he said was brilliant and needed IMO. Hard to sympathise with Mel having listened too.

I just listened his presser and I have to say I felt very emotional through it,  I am not at all sentimental but this bought a lump to my throat, I doubt there is another manager in all 4 leagues that I would rather have than Wayne at the moment, any criticism of him now would be tantamount to treason.

cometh the hour cometh the man.