Sheffield United v Derby County match day thread

Ruud Aralliss

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Send an email to slo@dcfc.co.uk 

You should be able to work out their seat number from yours. 

Thanks.

I wish I’d done that for a couple of tophats at Manure a few seasons ago smoking in the stand and trying to rip the seats out. Some folk are complete morons. May be next time I should. I got a photo too but deleted it. May be if people got photos and recordings it may make people think twice.

Edited by Gritstone Ram

22 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I hope that little lad was okay. 

Were you and your dad alright mate? Stayed safe and everything? 

What you've described I've not seen for a while...hope it doesn't start kicking off again. 

Year we were okay mate I just wished I could have helped him or her not nice seeing a kid upset due scary thing to see lad who was trying his best split them up he was on our bus I checked on him after game to see if he was okay. He looked shaken up I put a hand on his shoulder just told him not to worry about it.

On the billy sharp stuff not sure who started the song but it was sang often before the game and during so no complaints about him giving us stick afterwards. It wasn't just a few dodgy people singing it but the majority of the crowd. I was just stood there confused tbh as the vast majority of people were joining in and I had no idea why. My mate who is a blade was equally just confused by it all. 

On the game itself it's hard to tell. The first half was even and could have gone either way. Second half dictated by the red card. At first I felt Roos didn't deserve a red but i think on balance it pretty much is and we'd have been begging for it if it was the other way around. There were communication issues at the back for the entire second half that continued but got to consider ourselves unlucky we didn't ge a point. Not saying United didn't have chances they did but we could have gotten something. Good to see the fight is still there if nothing else. 

You know what… the more people that are against us for no real reason like you billy sharp, the more I can’t wait for this club to rise again and prove the haters wrong. You’re a league one striker at best billy, get a grip. Just cause you can score loads for the small club in sheffield. ???

5 hours ago, Philmycock said:

What was the Billy Sharp song?

It was vile actually, we were surrounded by people singing it all through the first half. We spotted some seats empty and moved at half time. There’s only so much I can take having the “c” word screamed in my ears for nigh on 45 mins, I’m not a Billy Sharp fan   but I’m not surprised by his reaction giving that the chant was insinuating underage and non consenting sex followed by “you’re a “c”, totally beyond football banter in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

On the billy sharp stuff not sure who started the song but it was sang often before the game and during so no complaints about him giving us stick afterwards. It wasn't just a few dodgy people singing it but the majority of the crowd. I was just stood there confused tbh as the vast majority of people were joining in and I had no idea why. My mate who is a blade was equally just confused by it all. 

On the game itself it's hard to tell. The first half was even and could have gone either way. Second half dictated by the red card. At first I felt Roos didn't deserve a red but i think on balance it pretty much is and we'd have been begging for it if it was the other way around. There were communication issues at the back for the entire second half that continued but got to consider ourselves unlucky we didn't ge a point. Not saying United didn't have chances they did but we could have gotten something. Good to see the fight is still there if nothing else. 

why do people have to be disrepectful in their chants, banter and having a go at a player is one thing but going beyond that is out of order. 

He is a good player Sharp no need for the nasty stuff. 

Thought we played well yesterday

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Wow so unlucky hitting the post at the end. Definite pen. Was the sun in his eyes and he's trying to shade them?

But never a red card for me. That has to be appealed. Sharp played the ball out to the left wing and then Kelle fouled him. Defenders back and Kelle also with plenty of time to get back. Not a goal scoring opportunity. Sharp conned and intimidated the ref.

Looking back several times, I have now had a change of mind, He's playing McBernie in, Is it an obvious scoring opportunity...No!, Player back on the line, McBernies not got the ball, If it's right Shinnie said the ref said it's a yellow, Then he succumed to pressure from the blades players...and that shows a very weak ref...I hope WR does what I have done and looks at it again, And appeals.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

Not seen the highlights but listened to RD yesterday. Seemed like another decent performance and we had the better chances. Penalty was sickening and the Red Card was also a factor. Sheff United will be up there - with their squad and manager it would be criminal if they weren’t - yet we mixed it with them.

I love what this team is doing and the fight they are showing. So proud of them all right now. If we want to dream and achieve the unthinkable and survive (I’m assuming the EFL get their way with the 9 points as think we can survive with just the 12 deducted) then these next 6 games we have to target 2 points per game. Tall order but possible with how we’re playing. Not saying we will be finished if we don’t achieve that but it would help us significantly.

1 hour ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

It was vile actually, we were surrounded by people singing it all through the first half. We spotted some seats empty and moved at half time. There’s only so much I can take having the “c” word screamed in my ears for nigh on 45 mins, I’m not a Billy Sharp fan   but I’m not surprised by his reaction giving that the chant was insinuating underage and non consenting sex followed by “you’re a “c”, totally beyond football banter in my opinion. 

One dcfcfans poster admitted last night to singing it, without knowing why, or the history behind it.  They claimed they later went on to Google the reasoning behind it, found literally no reference at all on line, and then came on here (new thread) to ask what it was all about.  They even still continued to hint at such accusations within the post (calling him one word in particular), despite them confirming "There was nothing on line"!  ?

I did respond (hinting at my disgust in them), and then returned to edit my post, to hint that I suspect the thread will be removed (Due to the accusations being repeated therein).  The thread was removed as I was editing!

I won't name the poster.  They know who they are, if they read this. 
He/She should be at least embarrassed, if not ashamed.  I can fully understand why the thread was removed, (and agree it should have been) but I hope this post has been worded in such a way as to not be removed.
I think we all need to be aware that some of our fellow "fans" set a poor tone, extremely so at times, and run the risk of us all being tarred with the same brush, as Billy Sharp seemed to do yesterday.
I've been young.  I've been foolish.  I've been gobby.  But this mentality is totally outside of my comprehension.  ?‍♂️

Totally agree with @angieram about the need for us all to start reporting such so-called fans.  I don't like that opinion, but it needs to be done.

So sad to hear so many joined in, particularly without any clue as to why such vile accusations were being cast.

They get a massive BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me!   

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

One dcfcfans poster admitted last night to singing it, without knowing why, or the history behind it.  They claimed they later went on to Google the reasoning behind it, found literally no reference at all on line, and then came on here (new thread) to ask what it was all about.  They even still continued to hint at such accusations within the post (calling him one word in particular), despite them confirming "There was nothing on line"!  ?

I did respond (hinting at my disgust in them), and then returned to edit my post, to hint that I suspect the thread will be removed (Due to the accusations being repeated therein).  The thread was removed as I was editing!

I won't name the poster.  They know who they are, if they read this. 
He/She should be at least embarrassed, if not ashamed.  I can fully understand why the thread was removed, (and agree it should have been) but I hope this post has been worded in such a way as to not be removed.
I think we all need to be aware that some of our fellow "fans" set a poor tone, extremely so at times, and run the risk of us all being tarred with the same brush, as Billy Sharp seemed to do yesterday.
I've been young.  I've been foolish.  I've been gobby.  But this mentality is totally outside of my comprehension.  ?‍♂️

Totally agree with @angieram about the need for us all to start reporting such so-called fans.  I don't like that opinion, but it needs to be done.

So sad to hear so many joined in, particularly without any clue as to why such vile accusations were being cast.

They get a massive BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me!   

Cheap cocaine and drinking on an empty head. 

I first noticed a resurgence this kind of behaviour (by coincidence) back in Mel's first season. It's slowly become more widespread. Before that time, away days used to be a great experience, very little aggro between our own fans. Derby fans even had a decent reputation with opposing fans. We have some proper a***holes following us now. 

It will be a great shame if we don't get a hold on this and try to weed some of these folk out.

Every game is an away day for me. On our home games I will usually stop at Warwick services on the M40 and that's a meeting point for many different groups travelling in different directions. 

Everyone in their colours, chatting and behaving reasonably. 

Would be a great shame if actions of some of our fans spoiled that experience. 

33 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think we all need to be aware that some of our fellow "fans" set a poor tone, extremely so at times, and run the risk of us all being tarred with the same brush,

It would appear Mucker that the Tar has stuck, Sharpe is on record saying he doesn't like Derby.

"Wish I could play against them every week. I think their fans were disrespectful today. I don't mind stick but if they're going to give me that all game then they deserve it back. I'm delighted I've scored because I don't like them."

Honestly can't ask much more of this team, would be easy to roll over and give up but they are fighting and you have to respect that.

Disagree with Rooney that Roos was a red, Jagielka was covering and the ball was going wide.

Should he have given the ref a decision to make though? No.

Curtis Davies, he held his hand up, now his hands, doesn't need me to sit here and lay into him, will know what he did was incredibly stupid, but fair play to Ravel's reply on Twitter.

After the failed Ibe signing, was understandable fans concerns over signing another troubled player, although so far he appears to have slotted in nicely.

We're not going to smash any teams this season without bringing goals into the team, but performances like yesterday will bring results over the course of the season.

Need to stick with these players, not give up on the season as they are certainly not.

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It will be a great shame if we don't get a hold on this and try to weed some of these folk out.

Every game is an away day for me. On our home games I will usually stop at Warwick services on the M40 and that's a meeting point for many different groups travelling in different directions. 

Everyone in their colours, chatting and behaving reasonably. 

Would be a great shame if actions of some of our fans spoiled that experience. 

I agree. It's been getting steadily worse for a couple of seasons. For me, it seemed to start in the Lampard season.

I have gone from looking forward to awaydays to dreading some of them.  

We used to be able to separate ourselves out from the trouble to some extent, by swapping a decent view for safety down at the front. Doesn't seem to work any more and asking someone on row two to sit down or at least calm down the obscene gesticulating to opposition supporters and you get met with foul mouthed abuse and a flat refusal. 

When I do mention it on here, there is always a small minority making noises about women or old folks - and presumably kids - having no right to go to away games. 

Yet when we get to the midweek away games in the middle of nowhere it's us who are still there, getting behind the team.

My other main gripe is the unseemly chants that some think up. I can't believe other fans get sucked into singing them. Get behind the lads by praising us, not slagging off the opposition. It's cheap and it's nasty and it is not the face of the club I want to see.

I didn't go yesterday after I got a shed load of abuse from our own fans last time we went there (piled into the back of the stand despite being nowhere near the seats they had paid for.) I was scared for my safety. It sounds like I made a wise decision. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I agree. It's been getting steadily worse for a couple of seasons. For me, it seemed to start in the Lampard season.

I have gone from looking forward to awaydays to dreading some of them.  

We used to be able to separate ourselves out from the trouble to some extent, by swapping a decent view for safety down at the front. Doesn't seem to work any more and asking someone on row two to sit down or at least calm down the obscene gesticulating to opposition supporters and you get met with foul mouthed abuse and a flat refusal. 

When I do mention it on here, there is always a small minority making noises about women or old folks - and presumably kids - having no right to go to away games. 

Yet when we get to the midweek away games in the middle of nowhere it's us who are still there, getting behind the team.

My other main gripe is the unseemly chants that some think up. I can't believe other fans get sucked into singing them. Get behind the lads by praising us, not slagging off the opposition. It's cheap and it's nasty and it is not the face of the club I want to see.

I didn't go yesterday after I got a shed load of abuse from our own fans last time we went there (piled into the back of the stand despite being nowhere near the seats they had paid for.) I was scared for my safety. It sounds like I made a wise decision. 

You'd hope that the Tracey crouch fan led review might have made some sensible proposals about segregating away areas into quieter zones which are effectively stewarded.

Instead,the news was about ending the ban on drinking in your seats......

I mean really.......?