Sheffield United v Derby County match day thread

Ruud Aralliss

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Would just like to give a bit of a shout out for Sam Baldock , noticed some of the ratings for Sam again yesterday and i found some of them quite harsh , Sam works very hard for the team , always moving , making himself available , very industrious player , think hes being harshly treated by some for his missed chances and lack of goals , Sam has never been prolific and works better in a two , just think some should lay off him a little bit

Beautiful day isn't it Mrs Baldock?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I like the idea of segregated away areas and Derby did at least try to indicate this when selling tickets a few seasons ago. Now you can choose your exact seat you'd think it would happen naturally, but it doesn't. 

Strangely, I support alcohol in seats as it would help people to pace their drinking instead of necking their pints in record time in the breaks. This is often what sends people over the top, imo.

I like a good old sing along and really enjoy it when it is nice and load but sadly you always get odd idouts who takes it one step to far and drink to much I enjoy a pint or two but no more than that not that I can drink much anymore.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I like a good old sing along and really enjoy it when it is nice and load but sadly you always get odd idouts who takes it one step to far and drink to much I enjoy a pint or two but no more than that not that I can drink much anymore.

I like a drink, too. I just don't like drunks! Or bigots. How drunk do you have to be not to realise that singing some of those songs is just downright unacceptable?

There were some lovely guys leading the singing at one time, always positive, always loud. Started the "We are the famous Derby County" song. Are they still around? 

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

I like a drink, too. I just don't like drunks! Or bigots. How drunk do you have to be not to realise that singing some of those songs is just downright unacceptable?

There were some lovely guys leading the singing at one time, always positive, always loud. Started the "We are the famous Derby County" song. Are they still around? 

Yes some chant damn right wrong and those I refuse to take part in but I think they are still there.

22 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Not a red card. Not a corner that lead up to the penalty.

Sheff U. should have made the ref their man of the match.

Glad someone mentioned it wasn't a corner that lead up to the penalty, it was mentioned on Quest and looked an obvious goal kick. I thought @DavesaRam would have been all over that one.

Maybe @DavesaRam should start a separate thread for the officials, so each match can be captured within it, with all the things they got right and got wrong and potential lost points, so we can add them up at the end of the season, to see how many extra points we may have had. Most fans and commentators say these things even themselves out, but I agree with @DavesaRam that it always feels like us against the world.

20 hours ago, angieram said:

Personally would ban drinking at football grounds and deny entry to those who have been drinking , there are morons who just chant vile stuff and behave terribly and would drunk or sober , but I’m 100% sure that there are a large number of fans who join in because they have had a few drinks and they’re judgment goes out the window 

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

Personally would ban drinking at football grounds and deny entry to those who have been drinking , there are morons who just chant vile stuff and behave terribly and would drunk or sober , but I’m 100% sure that there are a large number of fans who join in because they have had a few drinks and they’re judgment goes out the window 

Or just ban those idiots and continue to let sensible drinkers to drink

On 26/09/2021 at 12:09, Ghost of Clough said:

Here are the screenshots of footage jsut before Sharp knocks it past Roos, and when the ball touches the ground for the first time from that knock on.

Screenshot_20210926-115954_Derby.thumb.jpg.757c9384fed04c8cbaefc1197854db57.jpgScreenshot_20210926-120010_Derby.thumb.jpg.c794366ac1de48a95347d4f7fb51f663.jpg

Bad decision making from Roos on this occasion. As soon as he started coming out you could tell Sharp was going to get there first.

A gentle knock past Roos and it's a red as there would have been no chance of Jagielka getting back for a block 

As shown by the second image, the knock on from Sharp took it too wide (I'm doubtful of it actually being a pass). Jagielka had recovered well enough to prevent any chance of an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

To be honest, I was surprised the ref didn't let play go on to see the result of the other Sheff Utd players' attempt on goal, then returned to card Roos.

It was a really poor piece of refereeing. I was amazed it was red and interested to hear Shinnie say afterwards the ref told him yellow initially, which would have been the right call. Sharp knocked the ball to his teammate before contact, his teammate is outside the area on the angle, has Byrne bearing down on him and Jags back heading towards the line. Obvious goal scoring opportunity? I think not. You're taught as refs to take a "snapshot" of the exact moment and replay that before making a decision. He's got it wrong. 

52 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

It was a really poor piece of refereeing. I was amazed it was red and interested to hear Shinnie say afterwards the ref told him yellow initially, which would have been the right call. Sharp knocked the ball to his teammate before contact, his teammate is outside the area on the angle, has Byrne bearing down on him and Jags back heading towards the line. Obvious goal scoring opportunity? I think not. You're taught as refs to take a "snapshot" of the exact moment and replay that before making a decision. He's got it wrong. 

It was poor but can't really complain as I've seen them given. He played for it, he just kicked the ball away and made sure there was some contact. Roos should have gone for a diving header, he would have probably still been second to the ball but I don't think he would have been sent off after being kicked in the head.

This video from behind the goal makes it look like a dive.