Sheffield United v Derby County match day thread

Ruud Aralliss

Due to circumstances beyond his control my good friend @Derby blood is unable to forfill his match thread duty and asked me to fill in. He also asked me to say his comments about Mel were down to emotion and his love for Derby County.

Anyways…

The mighty Rams take on Sheffield United at Bramell Lane on Saturday 25th. 3pm kick off.  
After everything that’s gone on we still managed to outplay a highly respected Stoke side.  The players were fantastic and the support was amazing.  If we as fans can take that to Sheffield and the players show the same class, we shouldn’t be afraid of anyone in this league. Off the pitch is for another thread.

So let’s outplay and outsing the blades on Saturday. As the ultimate measure of a team is not where we stand in moments of comfort, but where we stand in times of challenge.

COYR!!!

I wondered why we hadn't heard from @Derby bloodwho does wear his heart on his sleeve. Thanks for stepping in, Ruud.

It's a shame it's away as the administrators won't be getting any gate money in before the end of month payroll. 

A week to nurse tired limbs is probably a good thing, and we should be pleased they play Southampton in the League Cup on Tuesday. If we can hold on to the defiant spirit Rooney has crafted, we should be competitive. Two questions regarding team selection:

1. Whether to play Baldock, or Stretton, or a false number 9? Definitely option 2 or 3 for me.
  2. With Knight having another week, who misses out from Shinnie, Bird, Knight, Ravel, Sibley? One of them won't start.

My expectation is that Rooney will actually pick an unchanged starting 11, as a reward to the team against Stoke for delivering on the win in such difficult circumstances. And that would be understandable.

Seeing as I missed the entire Stoke game sat in a traffic jam on the M1 yesterday, I got home and got a ticket for this (having previously decided £37 was a bit too much). Where are people drinking? The Howard is convenient, but Sheffield Tap, Head of Steam and Rutland Arms are all way better!

53 minutes ago, Indy said:

Seeing as I missed the entire Stoke game sat in a traffic jam on the M1 yesterday, I got home and got a ticket for this (having previously decided £37 was a bit too much). Where are people drinking? The Howard is convenient, but Sheffield Tap, Head of Steam and Rutland Arms are all way better!

A few drinking in The Globe (Just up from The Howard) in the cup game

2 hours ago, Archie said:

I would start with same 11 for this. With a bit of lady luck, I think we can get something from the game. Let's hope their game with Southampton in the week goes to extra time. 

TBH we could replace Sibley and Baldock with anyone in the crowd let alone the squad. 

David Brent is more likely to score than that pair. 

11 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

TBH we could replace Sibley and Baldock with anyone in the crowd let alone the squad. 

David Brent is more likely to score than that pair. 

Yee of little faith! Sibley just needs a goal and then there's nothing stopping him. Baldock was never going to be a 20 goal a season striker. His off the ball running and high energy does open up space behind him for players like Bird to have the time to slot shots into the top corner!