Sheffield United v Derby County match day thread

Ruud Aralliss

Just now, Premier ram said:

Was there today , the chants aimed at Sharp were disgusting , his reactions a little bit over the top , proud of the team , not going to comment about red till ive seen it again , looks like ref got swayed , Curtis , immense all afternoon , then madness set in , cant be too harsh , Shinnie and Jags superb , created chances , hit the woodwork twice , onto the next one , fans again were brilliant COYR

I'm of the opinion he knew he was under the cross and saw their two players coming in. Then he made a rash choice.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ref did at first! 

I thought by the time Roos clipped the guy the ball had been passed wide and there was one defender coming over. Thought the ref took too long and was 'persuaded'.

The technical side of the game is a mystery to me, so I won't presume to debate you on this! ?

Derby appeal the red there is a good chance it will be overturned Sharps heavy touch took the ball wide and there was a defender who would have been between the ball and goal In the next phase. 

On second thoughts this is Derby so they would probably ban Roos for the season. 

16 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

He'd already played a pass by the time Roos fouled him so it wasn't a denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Definitely not a red.

Rash decision from Roos to come out though.

It was definitely a penalty, 100%. He knew what he was doing for sure, waited for Roos and made Roos look a clown, but It was a penalty. 
Put It this way, if It had been then other way around you would have been screaming for It 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It was definitely a penalty, 100%. He knew what he was doing for sure, waited for Roos and made Roos look a clown, but It was a penalty. 
Put It this way, if It had been then other way around you would have been screaming for It 

So why did Sharp pass the ball? To be a red card, it basically has to be a foul that stops a player who’s about to score a goal.  Passing the ball to a teammate is the thing you can do that makes it the most obvious that you *weren’t* about to score.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But would we have got it? No prob with the handball being given, strange that the equally clear hand ball by Worrall was not given.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Penalty or red card Roos wasn’t on for the penalty. He fouled Sharp but it didn’t deny him of the goal scoring chance because the ball had been passed out wide.

23 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Highlights here

Red Card for me, Wow Curtis, Lawrence shot at the end takes a slight deflection onto the post.

https://www.skysports.com/football/sheffield-united-vs-Derby-county/report/447442

Not a red card for me. Penalty was a nailed on spot kick though. Billy Sharp really likes us...

He was given some stick but the way he deals with it here shows a lack of class.

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Well no, I wouldn't have because it's just flatly not a red card. It's only a red card if Roos is denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity, which it wasn't because he passed the ball out wide to his winger. If he had been clattered while trying to control it or take it around Roos then there would be no question about it.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

For some strange reason our fans were calling him a nonce for the majority of the match ??‍♂️.

There’s a minority of our “fans” dismay me. They think they’re big and clever but all they do is undo all the good the fans who behave in an acceptable manner. Sharp, mistakenly, is tarring all Derby fans with the same brush which is unfortunate and inaccurate but that’s down to the halfwits in our fan base. It’s a shame.

Just seen the highlights. Clear penalty, no argument there. The sending off : firstly, I'd like to pause when the pass is played to check Sharp was onside. Assuming he was, I can only assume the ref decided it was denial of a clear GS opportunity because it was a defender covering the goal and not the keeper. I'd like to get another ref's opinion because I doubt we'd have got it and I've seen similar only given yellow. But we keep giving poor refs those chances to make harsh decisions.