Sheffield United v Derby County match day thread

Ruud Aralliss

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Sorry. Two separate incidents. 
He certainly knew what he was doing to get Roos sent off, but It was a sending off no question. 

The ball had been passed wide and defenders were coming across to cover. Roos had to make a challenge (after putting himself out there) but it wasn't a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

3 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Was a good away day. Apart from the lad in front of me threading to cut peoples necks and breaking seats. Also starting singing a horrible song at billie sharp when he celebrated at the end. Hope he gets banned. He was vile. Aggressive for no reason. But the football with a bit boring another day we draw or win that game 

Do something about it. Report him, please.

Know several females today who were intimidated by the behaviour of a few of our fans.

Unacceptable. 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Highlights here

Red Card for me, Wow Curtis, Lawrence shot at the end takes a slight deflection onto the post.

https://www.skysports.com/football/sheffield-united-vs-Derby-county/report/447442

Wow so unlucky hitting the post at the end. Definite pen. Was the sun in his eyes and he's trying to shade them?

But never a red card for me. That has to be appealed. Sharp played the ball out to the left wing and then Kelle fouled him. Defenders back and Kelle also with plenty of time to get back. Not a goal scoring opportunity. Sharp conned and intimidated the ref.

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Nope, It has to be stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity, which It was. 
It was a sending off. A stupid sending off by Roos but a sending off. 

Which goal scoring opportunity did it stop? Sharp no longer has the ball at his feet when he’s fouled, so how is he supposed to have a clear goal scoring opportunity?

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Just seen the lowlights on Quest. WTF was Curtis doing?

It is a strange one by Curtis. Very strange.

As they pointed out on the show, it was never a corner from which the penalty was conceded. Osborn just booted the ball out with no one near him but the ref, caught up in the heat of the moment and desperate to confer another advantage, awards the corner. Why does this keep happening? We all know the rules that if you're not sure you always have to give the benefit of the doubt to the defence, so what possible grounds could there be for deciding this isn't a goalkick?

41 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Which goal scoring opportunity did it stop? Sharp no longer has the ball at his feet when he’s fouled, so how is he supposed to have a clear goal scoring opportunity?

He passed the ball around Roos. He had to knock It far enough away from him to get It round him, he knew exactly what he was doing, and did It very well, Roos was stupid commuting that far out with no chance of getting the ball. 
like I said, if It had been the other way around you would be screaming for him to be sent off. 

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

It was a red and it was a penalty

we worked manfully, should have could have got something from it but ultimately two stupid decisions have cost us 

I wasn't arguing about the penalty.

The red card is arguably a little harsh. Sharp had released the ball before Roos fouled him and Jags was covering. I can see why it was given, but I could also easily have seen advantage played and them being given a chance to shoot. 

3 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Yeah.......he is being a Dick now

Its a shame. Few years back the club acknowledged that the lad lost his child. During the 90 minutes its a pantomime. It's Derby fans job to make the environment has uncomfortable to play it to give our team the best chance of success. He constantly scores against us, we're not going to encourage that behaviour. He's out of order, I feel.  

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He passed the ball around Roos. He had to knock It far enough away from him to get It round him, he knew exactly what he was doing, and did It very well, Roos was stupid commuting that far out with no chance of getting the ball. 
like I said, if It had been the other way around you would be screaming for him to be sent off. 

I’m still struggling to figure out what you actually think was going to happen. Are you saying Sharp was going to get on the end of the sideways ball and roll it into the net? Because there’s no chance he does (cleanly anyway) - the ball goes at least 5 yards sideways, almost behind him with the way his momentum is carrying him, and it’s chipped high off the ground too.  To get a shot off from that position, he’s probably going to have to stop his momentum, shift sideways, pivot 360 degrees, maybe wait for the ball to drop, and get a shot off as he comes back around to face goal.  There’s already a defender back on the line by that point, and there’s another right where the ball lands too. There’s no way that’s an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

The most rational argument for a red card is he wouldn’t have passed it if he didn’t think Roos was going to foul him, but then you’re giving decisions on what might have happened, not what actually happened. If Roos had stopped a yard short, everything he did would have been perfectly legal, and Sharp would still probably have squared it.

And obviously I would have been shouting for it, like every fan shouts for everything to go their way. That doesn’t mean it would have been the right decision. You can’t referee games based on what each set of fans is shouting for.

Great day out today totally enjoyed it - the players did their very best and our crowd were very supportive and a great atmosphere from our fans - Sheffield United deadly quiet 

just seen the highlights - sorry that’s not a sending off - penalty it sure was but it shouldn’t have been as their player booted the ball out for the corner  - so incredibly unlucky not to get something out of the game considering we hit the woodwork twice.

Edited by Sparkle

Hey guys there was a lot of trouble near the end there was a fight breaking out near me. A asian matin went hit someone something they said to him but could not hear what been said one lad trying his best to split them up. I singled that fight was  breaking out to steward it took them a good 10 mins before they reacted to it. And there was a kid crying top of the staris I could not see if I was near by I would told the kid it is going to be okay but sadly to much beer and emotional times it is not a good mix.

But even before the game Sheffield untied stewards lost all control of the situation tell people to move of staris even I could see it was very very unsafe as looked like crushing situation was going off.

But maiming it was full of support no negative stuff towards the lads or roony.