I take it back...

Chester40

Think a lot of people are readjusting their views today. Can we confess in one safe place?? 

I kinda said all along Mel was spending unnecessarily and at inflated prices but that's not to say I was complaining. 

However, got to hold my hands up and say Rooney has acted with a lot of class today. Said all the right things....for him to find out via Sky is an absolute disgrace. 

53 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Think a lot of people are readjusting their views today. Can we confess in one safe place?? 

I kinda said all along Mel was spending unnecessarily and at inflated prices but that's not to say I was complaining. 

However, got to hold my hands up and say Rooney has acted with a lot of class today. Said all the right things....for him to find out via Sky is an absolute disgrace. 

Yep to not inform the manager is an utterly ridiculous dereliction of duty and mixed with his, nothing to do with me guv, press release shows what an absolute poo show Mels reign has been

Edited by Ramarena

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

You could argue that it was completely fitting that’s how Rooney and the players heard. It merely confirms what an utter poo Morris has been over this debacle. Thank god he’s going. 

Rooney is dealing with the current situation fantastically well.

Not sure what it would have been looked like if he hadn't replaced CKR with Baldock but if we'd been allowed both, and more...

Absolutely no complaints about his management in the past few games, and there's little ******** bravado either, he's getting on with his job,  getting us results and long may it continue.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Ive never been a big fan of Rooney and have been critical of him throughout his time at Derby,in both roles, but today he impressed me with his humility and consideration for the hundreds of staff who are facing redundancy at the club.

In addition he continued to express his loyalty to the club and seemed to mean it.

I'm slowly warming to him through these difficult times.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

I take it back what I said about Rooney.

I've said his presence undermined Cocu - actually another mistake by Mel.

I've said his performance last season was really poor and that we avoided relegation despite his tactics.

But, forget all of that.

This season, tactically it's been much better and I've been looking forward to seeing the team and performances develop.

But more than any of that, far more, the way he has dealt with the problems at the club has been immense. First the post season, under the embargo. And, now this, he has handled everything with decorum, dignity and the highest degree of professionalism.

Rooney, you have my full respect and gratitude. Thank you ?

I've never been pro or con Mel tbh, but was always of the opinion he loved the club and was willing to financially support it.  It does seem at face value he's actually screwed us probably with the sole aim of getting in the PL at any cost so he himself can reap the rewards.  For everyone at Derby, including Rooney and the players to find out via Sky, if that's true, the man has demonstrated a new low. Words escape me. 

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ive never been a big fan of Rooney and have been critical of him throughout his time at Derby,in both roles, but today he impressed me with his humility and consideration for the hundreds of staff who are facing redundancy at the club.

In addition he continued to express his loyalty to the club and seemed to mean it.

I'm slowly warming to him through these difficult times.

I liked the way he showed concern about the non playing staff. Seemed genuine….

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I liked the way he showed concern about the non playing staff. Seemed genuine….

Yeah, been warming to Rooney recently.  He might be forced to leave now, who knows?  I would like to think he will stay and fight even if it meant working for peanuts, but would understand if he didn’t.  On the other hand he could become a Derby Legend if he did stay and fight.  Even bringing us back up from league 1 would cement a legendary status here. 

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Rooney has had so much chucked at him for a novice manager and he’s starting to become a class act in my eyes both the way he is preparing the team and the way he is dealing with all this ?being thrown at him.

The bile spewed at Rooney from some corners was disgusting. I didn't desperately want a high profile player-manager to begin with. However, he's clearly doing his best and responding well under a lot of pressure. The way he has talked about pride and determination aren't made up, he clearly has the support of the players and genuinely cares about doing the best by the club. I wouldn't have blamed him for jumping ship but credit to him for sticking with it and fighting! 

The whole club needs our support, particularly on the field.