Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The parent club owns it, the parent club is also going into administration. 

Loans were taken with the ground/club as security. 

If we go into administration the ownership of both passes to MSD.

Doesn’t sound like the football club has any ownership of the stadium 

Now, if I waited, and let's say I left that (the stadium) in the football club just for a second, and now was bringing in an initial 12 million pounds a year from running concerts and then chose to pull the stadium out to sell to someone else for 180 million pounds, and then booked that profit, then people would have had an even bigger issue with it.

"We had the stadium valued and the valuation came back. Once it came back, if I had paid a penny less, HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) would have rang me up and said: 'By the way, you have just sold yourself an asset at under value'.

"So on the one hand, I am either going to have to have a debate with HMRC and pay them a cheque, or I am going to have the EFL moaning, or some other club, saying this isn't fair, on the other side."

ge sold it from the club to himself - his own words 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Apparently so.

That's really low. 

Morris is someone who has excelled at transparently shallow attempts at PR - the little breakfasts, the sitting with fans during games, the meeting with representatives of fan groups the other week etc - now he can't even be bothered to inform management (and so almost certainly all the other staff) about going into administration.

Appalling.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That's really low. 

Morris is someone who has excelled at transparently shallow attempts at PR - the little breakfasts, the sitting with fans during games, the meeting with representatives of fan groups the other week etc - now he can't even be bothered to inform management (and so almost certainly all the other staff) about going into administration.

Appalling.

Dead right. A really scummy way to treat people. I assume he won’t be seen in Derby again. 

10 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That's really low. 

Appalling.

To be fair the PR from Mel has been rubbish in the last year or so, if someone’s been advising him they should be the first out the door!

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

Doesn’t sound like the football club has any ownership of the stadium 

Now, if I waited, and let's say I left that (the stadium) in the football club just for a second, and now was bringing in an initial 12 million pounds a year from running concerts and then chose to pull the stadium out to sell to someone else for 180 million pounds, and then booked that profit, then people would have had an even bigger issue with it.

"We had the stadium valued and the valuation came back. Once it came back, if I had paid a penny less, HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) would have rang me up and said: 'By the way, you have just sold yourself an asset at under value'.

"So on the one hand, I am either going to have to have a debate with HMRC and pay them a cheque, or I am going to have the EFL moaning, or some other club, saying this isn't fair, on the other side."

ge sold it from the club to himself - his own words 

The club statement said all group companies had filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators.