Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

9 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

How many points deducting are you accepting?

Personally, I think we should push for three figures. We're down anyway. We're getting at least 12 and going to lose lots of players. What we need is to get every possible punishment out of the way this season.

As soon as we get to be a normal club again, our size should make us competitive in League 1. It might take a  couple of seasons to rebuild, but the sooner we start, the sooner we can begin thinking about promotion. 

In the meantime, if we can get a world record points deduction, it'll keep our profile up, which will actually help generate income further down the road.

From previous clubs that have gone into administration, have any ever done it so early in a season ?

I would of thought it was normally towards the end or at the end of a season .

Thinking about it, maybe Bury did it but then they weren't able to fulfill their fixtures - is that a possibility for us ?

Edited by SamUltraRam

1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

From previous clubs that have gone into administration, have any ever done it so early in a season ?

I would of thought it was normally towards the end or at the end of a season .

Thinking about it, maybe Bury did it but then they weren't able to fulfill their fixtures - is that a possibility for us ?

What happened to Bury is certainly possible with us, just as it's possible with any club that goes into administration.

39 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I suppose the football creditor rule only fully applies if the club exists administration positively. If it leads to liquidation, they would have lost at least a percentage. 

Yes, that's probably true, but allowing the grant would surely have made that less likely. 

40 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Apparently an Efl rule somewhere states that penalties (-12 points) are not applied if the club can prove that there have been ‘unforeseeable or unavoidable events’. And this is why the statement takes no blame but also blames everyone else 

The statement was very carefully worded. It wasn't an accident covid 19 was mentioned so many times. It also states the club would have been profitable had it not been for covid. All intentional. 

There is a section in the Efl according to the guardian that mentions special circumstances and administration. 

A part of me thinks the deal with the investors might still go through and the whole thing is planned. 

...Maybe I'm clutching at straws. Desperation does that to a person. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

yes but considering our glorious owner mentioned that figure I don't believe a word he says ...he got us in this mess through bad management from the top....no excuses.....he is the owner yet takes us into admin......a total disgrace and wish he'd never set foot in PP....stick to silly phone games!!

I agree with you entirely,i haven't believed a word he has said for a long time but have been shot down in flames when i have said that before.

Whilst all of this has had MM in charge and oversight of the finances so it sits with him, I acknowledge that Covid has tipped us into Administration the role of the EFL has to be noted as simply disgraceful, simply unhelpful and a dereliction of whatever their duty was supposed to be.

and on a personal note I will never be handing any money over to Middlesbrough football club again to watch my Rams and do hope that not a single Rams fan ever does go to that clubs grounds and spend money - 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Of course. But I'd like to know what criteria we failed on, wouldn't you? And considering that such a grant would be considered a repayable football debt, I'm not sure what the EFL would have lost by extending it to us.

Denying a lifeline to a drowning man purely because he's broken the rules seems to be a particularly obtuse way for a ruling body to protect the health of one of it's members.

I appreciate that some people are annoyed with posters who blame the EFL for everything, but blowing them off as a counter-point doesn't seem a balanced approach either.

I don't know the full picture and with respect neither do you.We don't really know the amount of debt he has left us in,perhaps,just perhaps with the amount of debt and defaults on wages,transfer instalments the offering of the grant was a further liability which the club couldn't afford and no or little chance of being repaid.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

when you say “a bunch of passengers” do you mean supporters and is this regurgitation the crazy theory that it’s the fans fault?

pretty much and some of the belief in Mel that has been expressed by some despite Mel already crashing us into a damn iceberg