Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

12 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I

This club was well run, sustainable and on the brink of the premier league when he took over, it’s now plunging to league 1 with the prospect of some difficult years ahead.

Well said, @BramcoteRam84. Compare this with the club's statement last night that administration comes at a time when 'financial forecasts show the emergence of a financially sustainable picture.' What a lamentable state of affairs.

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes, that's probably true, but allowing the grant would surely have made that less likely. 

With Mel's record of sustainable spending? What could possibly have gone wrong?

From an EFL perspective, what would be the most likely?

A, Mel uses the money to cover the losses and allow Derby County to continue as an unexceptional Championship club.

B, Mel sacks Rooney, brings in John Terry and tries one last throw of the dice.

49 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I still do.. 

wtf really? Wow 

u know his recruitment, contract negotiation and vested interest in his wasserman group are part of the reason were in this mess 

oh and mrs ince who he paid for scouting

he was charged with running football matters for mel while he was here and basically ducked us to line his other interests

5 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Well said, @BramcoteRam84. Compare this with the club's statement last night that administration comes at a time when 'financial forecasts show the emergence of a financially sustainable picture.' What a lamentable state of affairs.

The upshot is that financially I see no reason with the running costs of the club having reduced drastically that we should be in admin.  If things are so desperate you sell a couple of players in the summer gone to fund ongoing loan repayments/ wages knowing EFL issues may drag on.  

12 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

To those going on RD and on Twitter tonight saying I’m embarrassed and ashamed to support Derby hang your heads!! Be Proud!! We are Derby!! Super Derby!! Super Rams!!! ??????

Well said!  I am shocked and horrified at the incompetence of those who mismanaged the club. They should be hanging their heads but I will always be proud of our club no matter what situation we find ourselves in. Super Rams!?

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The upshot is that financially I see no reason with the running costs of the club having reduced drastically that we should be in admin.  If things are so desperate you sell a couple of players in the summer gone to fund ongoing loan repayments/ wages knowing EFL issues may drag on.  

I suspect it's because the club has no capital. Season ticket money was spent last season to pay some of the bills and now there's nothing. I suspect.

17 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

we were relegated from the Prem with 11 points were we not.

I would love us to overcome this and stay up. 

I once worked with a girl that didn't have clue when people were making jokes - we created little flags we could wave at her whenever someone tried to be humorous - perhaps David should introduce something similar on this board....

game over flag GIF

Just now, Gaspode said:

I once worked with a girl that didn't have clue when people were making jokes - we created little flags we could wave at her whenever someone tried to be humorous - perhaps David should introduce something similar on this board....

game over flag GIF

She was probably on the spectrum. It's difficult sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Well said!  I am shocked and horrified at the incompetence of those who mismanaged the club. They should be hanging their heads but I will always be proud of our club no matter what situation we find ourselves in. Super Rams!?

This is it , this is where we stand together 

this the ducking bare bones, bar the truly unthinkable this (next few years) is the rock bottom

we ducking stand together and get behind whoever it is thats running us 

i heard someone say people like groundsman and staff will go 

i was there thinking can people volunteer … id stay up all night mowing that lawn friday night if it meant the club saved a few quid and kept the accademy open 

like i said were bottom of the barrel now we need to do everything we can to save our club 

we are the club 

44 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes. 
If we do, we might be proud owners of yet another record, lowest ever points total in the PL AND the Championship.  Please God don’t let us get the full set 

Oh, I don’t know: -

Spread the punishment to next season and we can try and claim the League 1 record as well!

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

This is it , this is where we stand together 

this the ducking bare bones, bar the truly unthinkable this (next few years) is the rock bottom

we ducking stand together and get behind whoever it is thats running us 

i heard someone say people like groundsman and staff will go 

i was there thinking can people volunteer … id stay up all night mowing that lawn friday night if it meant the club saved a few quid and kept the accademy open 

like i said were bottom of the barrel now we need to do everything we can to save our club 

we are the club 

We may be nowhere near the bottom of the barrel

So some intresting facts and a lot still left unsaid.

I cannot see why Derby would be excluded from funds that were given due to Covid, Could the £8.5m held Administration at Bay?

It is true that in the Championship Derby would have been affected more than most due to their fanbase hence bigger losses, £20m is no suprise.

I dont think that we can blame the EFL for challenging us over the valuation (not the sale) of PP  as it was larger than everyone elses. So if we lost a new owner over it then .........  

I think Gibson's role in this and the pressure he was able to bring needs looking at. No one should be able to interfere with the workings of the EFL.

We are likely to have a 12 point deduction but we can show that it was exceptional circumstances so the EFL can be forgiving due to the circumstances that they had a part in.  

You can tell that the EFL feared this would happen, they have asked Mel to committ for the year and sked for a business plan.

Onto other clubs, the likes of Stoke and Reading have enourmous overspends and that cannot be all due to Covid. They must be waiting for a 12+ point deductions. Others must be struggling so I dont think we will be alone on minus points. 

I do feel that the EFL have things to answer here and it would not suprise me if that was in court. We well overspent for a couple of years but they (EFL) have not acted in an honourable and acceptable manner.

I dont think this is over yet  

Edited by Woodley Ram
typo

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I cannot see why Derby would be excluded from funds that were given due to Covid, Could the £8.5m held Administration at Bay?.....

Can't remember exactly, but there were a couple of conditions that needed to be met to get the money - which we quite clearly couldn't meet. I think it's a red herring from Mel looking to heap more blame on the EFL and away from his running of the club....

10 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I cannot see why Derby would be excluded from funds that were given due to Covid, Could the £8.5m held Administration at Bay?

It is true that in the Championship Derby would have been affected more than most due to their fanbase hence bigger losses, £20m is no suprise.

I dont think that we can blame the EFL for challenging us over the valuation (not the sale) of PP  as it was larger than everyone elses. So if we lost a new owner over it then .........  

I think Gibson's role in this and the pressure he was able to bring needs looking at. No one should be able to interfere with the workings of the EFL.

We are likely to have a 12 point deduction but we can show that it was exceptional circumstances so the EFL can be forgiving due to the circumstances that they had a part in.  

You can tell that the EFL feared this would happen, they have asked Mel to committ for the year and sked for a business plan.

Onto other clubs, the likes of Stoke and Reading have enourmous overspends and that cannot be all due to Covid. They must be waiting for a 12+ point deductions. Others must be struggling so I dont think we will be alone on minus points. 

I do feel that the EFL have things to answer here and it would not suprise me if that was in court. We well overspent for a couple of years but they (EFL) have not acted in an honourable and acceptable manner.

I dont think this is over yet  

Who is going to take them to court? Mel won't want to now the club is np longer his problem. Whoever ends up owning the club won't want to kick off their relationship with the EFL by chucking a court case at them.

The EFL have got what they wanted, just not the way they wanted to get it.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta