Holiday Plans 2022

Angry Ram

1 hour ago, jono said:

Soaking it up in Paxos right now and fretting about missing out on my season ticket and watching for news on Curtis 

Just cracked a pre shower cold one and then off to town for some food 

Only time I've been to Paxos, on a day trip from Corfu, I got a dose of food poisoning. It was 1990 mind, so hopefully they've learnt how to washed their hands properly since.

Enjoy!

20 minutes ago, dog said:

Going to Krakow for a few days. Any advice on car hire?

Don't take out additional insurance with the car rental company - you can get a reasonably priced quote via one of the comparison sites. It will cover damage to tyres, wrong fuel etc.

What is this 'Holiday' thing that people do?

We had to cancel our last 5 (three for Covid restrictions and two more recently because The Memsahib was just too ill to travel).

A few days ago, I started looking for short breaks over the next couple of weeks, but now she has gone down with the worst cold/chest infection/cough either of us can remember. It started last Sunday and has worsened considerably since then.

Negative Covid tests (the most recent half an hour ago), but she has all the classic symptoms. As for me - 100% right as rain.

Holiday plans deferred into 2023 as Mrs VdM announced it was her silver wedding (not sure where I was at the time) so she should have a decent holiday. 

So it's a 2 week cruise of the Caribbean in a suite in one of them big boat things. 

Stops in Curaçao, domenica, Martinique, Antigua and some others. 

All you can eat breakfast in the Marco pierre white restaurant, personal staff, scented oils....it's the stuff of nightmares.... ?