Holiday Plans 2022

Angry Ram

2 hours ago, admira said:

2022: Berlin (next week)

2023: Carcassonne, Sofia, USA trip (Hawaii, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas), Belfast, South of France again, Dublin, Majorca, Tallin.

Love me travellin'...

If you've not been to Carcassonne before it's very impressive, particularly as you approach from a mile or two away.

The USA trip is great and i guess you'll be driving down Big Sur, though I'd swap LA for San Diego.

If you've the time then Yosemite is a must - it's amazing or 'awesome' as they say over there.

Great trips to look forward to - have a wonderful time.

15 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you've not been to Carcassonne before it's very impressive, particularly as you approach from a mile or two away.

The USA trip is great and i guess you'll be driving down Big Sur, though I'd swap LA for San Diego.

If you've the time then Yosemite is a must - it's amazing or 'awesome' as they say over there.

Great trips to look forward to - have a wonderful time.

Thanks, We are looking to buy near Carcassonne so that's just a weekend of house hunting.  USA is a whistle stop 18 days and all arranged now but will keep those in mind for next time.

On 02/12/2022 at 09:25, admira said:

Thanks, We are looking to buy near Carcassonne so that's just a weekend of house hunting.  USA is a whistle stop 18 days and all arranged now but will keep those in mind for next time.

My brother used to live in Montreal, just west of Carcasonne but now lives in Rouffiac D’Aude about 16km south of the city. A very nice part of the world.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/12/2022 at 13:00, Mucker1884 said:

One last trip in the tent... last 4 nights of the year (plus the first night of next year) on a site at York.

Not camped in UK since last Easter, and not at all since September.  Need to up our game next year!  

Car is now packed and ready to set off mid-morning tomorrow...

100% Cotton Canvas Dutch "Storm tent"?  Check.
Fleece lined fisherman's sleeping bags, and insulated sleeping mats?  Check.
Moreno wool undies?  Check.
Down coats, gilets, pull-overs, and waterproof outers?  Check.
Wellies and Walking boots?  Check.
DryRobeWanker?  Moi?  Check!  ?
Plenty of warming spirits, liquors, and other beverages of ill-repute?  Check ?

SkySports day pass just purchased for this avy?  Check.

Miss the next two home games?  Check!  ?

Happy New Year all.
May we be 6 points better off before the big bell tolls!

??

Edited by Mucker1884

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2022 at 20:28, Tamworthram said:

My brother used to live in Montreal, just west of Carcasonne but now lives in Rouffiac D’Aude about 16km south of the city. A very nice part of the world.

We looked at a property in Montreal last Saturday, amongst others with a view to buy.

The wife has now found an apartment overlooking the town square in Carcassonne so this Sunday we are flying to Toulouse, getting a train to Carcassonne, doing the viewing, taxi back to airport and home in time for Happy Valley, all on the same day.

We are mad and must be on Greta Thunberg's hitlist.

5 minutes ago, admira said:

We looked at a property in Montreal last Saturday, amongst others with a view to buy.

The wife has now found an apartment overlooking the town square in Carcassonne so this Sunday we are flying to Toulouse, getting a train to Carcassonne, doing the viewing, taxi back to airport and home in time for Happy Valley, all on the same day.

We are mad and must be on Greta Thunberg's hitlist.

Good luck. It’s certainly a lovely area.

1 hour ago, Poynton ram said:

Anyone been to Budva in Montenegro and if so any good? Am under the impression it’s like Croatia but cheaper?

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Sounds like my kind of place? I bet @sagehas been.

Been to Kotor but not Budva. Have heard its got good beaches but a bit over developed according to a mate.

Montenegro is a bit more expensive than Croatia but not massively so.

Edited by sage

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not wishing to intrude, but merely FYI, there's a nice new 2023 version of this thread, if that's of interest to anyone?

Oh oh. Someone wants to be a moderator. Do you have acne or smell of piss? One of those characteristics will greatly increase your chances.