Holiday Plans 2022

Angry Ram

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

Enjoy your time in The Dordogne,you deserve it,hope the sun is hot and the wine cold,and dont forget to put a case or three of good french wine in the car.

Cheers buddy. Been to the Dordogne three times before and it’s always been hot and sunny before so I hoping for the same. I drink red wine so, not cold I hope.

18 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Whereabouts in the Loire? We’ve been there a few times.

We’re driving (as in I’m doing all the driving) to a site in the Dordogne in 5 weeks. We’re not resort people and can’t even be doing with hotels. Our first overseas holiday since Covid, my mum passing away and my wife’s cancer diagnosis. I think we deserve one.

Near Saumur if I recall. 

Yes, I do all the driving as well ?

Dordogne is nice, been to Sarlat (Calviac), Bergerac (Saint Foy la Grande) and Les Eyzies on different trips but we don't like going to the same place twice.

Would definitely recommend Eastern France if you haven't been already.

Sorry to hear about your mum and wife, hope it's not severe and can enjoy your time away.

1 hour ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Near Saumur if I recall. 

Yes, I do all the driving as well ?

Dordogne is nice, been to Sarlat (Calviac), Bergerac (Saint Foy la Grande) and Les Eyzies on different trips but we don't like going to the same place twice.

Would definitely recommend Eastern France if you haven't been already.

Sorry to hear about your mum and wife, hope it's not severe and can enjoy your time away.

We've been to the Jura (Domaine du Chalain) in Eastern France about half dozen times and love it. Also been to near Saumer. 

This year we're in Le Bugue (19 miles from Sarlat). 

Thanks for your best wishes. She had the treatment (surgery, chemo and radiotherapy) just before Covid and everything seems to be OK now.

Edited by Tamworthram

48 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We've been to the Jura (Domaine du Chalain) in Eastern France about half dozen times and love it. Also been to near Saumer. 

This year we're in Le Bugue (19 miles from Sarlat). 

Thanks for your best wishes. She had the treatment (surgery, chemo and radiotherapy) just before Covid and everything seems to be OK now.

Mmm, not been to the Jura as yet, will have to consider that. I'll do some googling.

When I said eastern France I meant Alsace-Lorraine area, Colmar in particular and its environs is lovely and you can pop into Germany or Switzerland for the day.

Going to Barcelona in a few days time followed next week with a trip to Naples.

They both are two of the few places in Europe haven't visited yet. 

Does anyone fly from EMA btw apart from go to Benidorm? Didn't realise how limited the airport was until booked flights. 

On 23/05/2022 at 20:17, Tyler Durden said:

Does anyone fly from EMA btw apart from go to Benidorm? Didn't realise how limited the airport was until booked flights. 

Dublin and Faro back in 2018/19, but not used it since the pandemic, so not sure how many routes they're currently flying. 

On 23/05/2022 at 20:17, Tyler Durden said:

75 destinations, according to this...

https://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/destinations-and-guides/a-z-list-of-destinations/

On 20/05/2022 at 15:33, Tamworthram said:

Cheers buddy. Been to the Dordogne three times before and it’s always been hot and sunny before so I hoping for the same. I drink red wine so, not cold I hope.

Did you go to the Trampoline Museum? 

On 20/05/2022 at 15:33, Tamworthram said:

They have some fantastic storms there.