Holiday Plans 2022

Angry Ram

It's that time of year when we need to start next years thread. 

I guess, most like us, are still carrying over bookings from 2020 & 2021. 

We have Portugal, with the family, Italy with friends and just booked a Virgin Cruise for Aug for the wedding anniversary. 

Looking forward to all of them but the the Virgin Cruise will be interesting. Adults only, brand new ship and apparently a new way of cruising. Let's see.

49 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

We have Portugal, with the family, Italy with friends and just booked a Virgin Cruise for Aug for the wedding anniversary. 

Looking forward to all of them but the the Virgin Cruise will be interesting. Adults only, brand new ship and apparently a new way of cruising. Let's see.

Sounds like a floating brothel.

I remember when I was the owner of the Holiday Plans thread ?

Anyway, June 2021's cancelled holiday to Crete for the Euros was delayed til next July due to Amber list quarantine nonsense.

Thinking about December winter sun when the world cup is on, maybe Tenerife for a week, a couple of weeks before Christmas 2022.

Might be a golfing holiday to Spain or Portugal in either May or October.

12 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

If it’s anything like an ex colleague of Muckerette has just returned from (Adult only Virgin Cruise in British waters), there were condoms in the welcome packs, numerous invites to “Pyjama parties”, and a lot of this going on…

image.jpeg.122e3b96f4871e702deca9e2df9771e3.jpeg

Hope you’re tougher than you look!  ?

?

53 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If it’s anything like an ex colleague of Muckerette has just returned from (Adult only Virgin Cruise in British waters), there were condoms in the welcome packs, numerous invites to “Pyjama parties”, and a lot of this going on…

image.jpeg.122e3b96f4871e702deca9e2df9771e3.jpeg

Hope you’re tougher than you look!  ?

?

Yeah, I heard you get a little black box with various nookie aids in it.. I’m all for a toga party.. ?✌️

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

If you want go on holiday why not just book it if your want to stay in the uk.

Big wide world out there mate. Lots of fantastic places and people to meet. 
It’s a beautiful planet we have and if you get the opportunity and are lucky enough to be able to see it. You got to. 
There are no tropical rainforests in the UK. No glaciers, no acropolis. Plenty of great things here but once or twice a year get on a plane or boat and travel. Best thing ever. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Big wide world out there mate. Lots of fantastic places and people to meet. 
It’s a beautiful planet we have and if you get the opportunity and are lucky enough to be able to see it. You got to. 
There are no tropical rainforests in the UK. No glaciers, no acropolis. Plenty of great things here but once or twice a year get on a plane or boat and travel. Best thing ever. 

Whilst I entirely agree I think it best that @B4ev6isdiscovers where Macklin Street is in Derby before venturing off down the Champs-Élysées or New York’s Broadway.

10th Anniversary next year, so would like to mark it with a fairly big holiday & hope to go to Mexico at Easter.

Mrs Wolfie wanted to go in the summer hols but the last time I went to Mexico (with the previous Mrs Wolfie), we encountered hurricane Katrina (not fun), so I will only now go to the caribbean if we avoid hurricane season.

On 13/09/2021 at 10:04, ramsbottom said:

Still planning on Florida. Will book it soon but it wouldn’t surprise me if we have to end up cancelling it. If so, will Google “Country with biggest COVID vaccine uptake” and go there on an all inclusive  instead ??

Off to Israel for a fortnight then? Lovely country. Great beaches, tons of history, good bus service, and only the size of Wales. 

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

10th Anniversary next year, so would like to mark it with a fairly big holiday & hope to go to Mexico at Easter.

Mrs Wolfie wanted to go in the summer hols but the last time I went to Mexico (with the previous Mrs Wolfie), we encountered hurricane Katrina (not fun), so I will only now go to the caribbean if we avoid hurricane season.

Isnt it Mexico where you go and are told not to leave the hotel complex or is that somewhere else?

Can’t see the point of that unless it’s just for a Facebook/insta picture opportunity or Willy waving competition?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Isnt it Mexico where you go and are told not to leave the hotel complex or is that somewhere else?

Can’t see the point of that unless it’s just for a Facebook/insta picture opportunity or Willy waving competition?

Willy waving is replacing rhythmic gymnastics at the next Olympics.