Holiday Plans 2022

Angry Ram

Cyprus for 2 weeks from next Wednesday. Just got my main stressful work deadline completed this morning - 2 days early, so have a few days to tie up other loose ends and then BRING IT ON!.

Over 3 years since our last holiday (apart from camping weekends) and this one re-scheduled from March due to my daughter catching Covid.

Can't. Bloody. Wait.

48 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Cancelled my September trip to Corfu, we both thought about it and realised we're not resort people, never have been.

Booked a week on a campsite in the Loire instead, 6 weeks after 10 days at Lake Annecy, also on a campsite.

Corfu has a lot of untouched, non-resort areas, as have all the Greek Islands.

42 minutes ago, David said:

Same as Cleethorpes then…..and for good reason.

Who would miss the crowds of yorkys with their knotted hankies on their heads,spot them a mile off,and the donkies on the beach,smelly animals,no thank you David,will leave it all for you

3 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Who would miss the crowds of yorkys with their knotted hankies on their heads,spot them a mile off,and the donkies on the beach,smelly animals,no thank you David,will leave it all for you

Times have changed now, 16 year old yorkies with 4 kids in tow, fully kitted out in Lonsdale gear puffing away on a vape. Her fella is walking 10ft behind, shirtless with a 2 litre bottle of white lightning playing music out his phone with no headphones. 

On 18/05/2022 at 15:58, Scott129 said:

Off to Bath for my 30th at the end of June with a few mates.

Never been before, but heard it's very nice. Anyone have any recommendations besides the Roman baths?

If you can get to a rugby match at the recreation ground they're always good for a laugh and some beers.. 

7 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Cancelled my September trip to Corfu, we both thought about it and realised we're not resort people, never have been.

Booked a week on a campsite in the Loire instead, 6 weeks after 10 days at Lake Annecy, also on a campsite.

Whereabouts in the Loire? We’ve been there a few times.

We’re driving (as in I’m doing all the driving) to a site in the Dordogne in 5 weeks. We’re not resort people and can’t even be doing with hotels. Our first overseas holiday since Covid, my mum passing away and my wife’s cancer diagnosis. I think we deserve one.

7 hours ago, David said:

Times have changed now, 16 year old yorkies with 4 kids in tow, fully kitted out in Lonsdale gear puffing away on a vape. Her fella is walking 10ft behind, shirtless with a 2 litre bottle of white lightning playing music out his phone with no headphones. 

It's such a perfect picture you paint, not of Cleethorpes necessarily, but of England as a whole.

8 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Cyprus for 2 weeks from next Wednesday. Just got my main stressful work deadline completed this morning - 2 days early, so have a few days to tie up other loose ends and then BRING IT ON!.

Over 3 years since our last holiday (apart from camping weekends) and this one re-scheduled from March due to my daughter catching Covid.

Can't. Bloody. Wait.

I love Cyprus, it's so instantly familiar yet completely alien when you scratch under the surface. 

Fantastic hospitality, compact enough to explore yet large enough to escape the crowds, and so can cater for every visitor. 

My wife cries every time we set foot there, she feels like she's coming home somehow! 

We even renewed our vows on our 10th Anniversary in Ayia Napa monastery, and a few days later were clubbing a few metres away.

8 hours ago, Rev said:

I love Cyprus, it's so instantly familiar yet completely alien when you scratch under the surface. 

Fantastic hospitality, compact enough to explore yet large enough to escape the crowds, and so can cater for every visitor. 

My wife cries every time we set foot there, she feels like she's coming home somehow! 

We even renewed our vows on our 10th Anniversary in Ayia Napa monastery, and a few days later were clubbing a few metres away.

To be honest, if I took my missus on holiday for two weeks at home I think she’d cry too.?

9 hours ago, Rev said:

Although this year was supposed to be a "big" Mexico holiday to celebrate our 10th anniversary, Cyprus was always somewhere we wanted to go. Me because I'd previously had 2 lovely holidays there and Mrs Wolfie because she was stationed there for 2 years in the army.

I don't know whether it's what normally happens or I was just lucky but I remember the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen were in Cyprus. On both of my previous visits IIRC.

16 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

We’re driving (as in I’m doing all the driving) to a site in the Dordogne in 5 weeks. We’re not resort people and can’t even be doing with hotels. Our first overseas holiday since Covid, my mum passing away and my wife’s cancer diagnosis. I think we deserve one.

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Although this year was supposed to be a "big" Mexico holiday to celebrate our 10th anniversary, Cyprus was always somewhere we wanted to go. Me because I'd previously had 2 lovely holidays there and Mrs Wolfie because she was stationed there for 2 years in the army.

I don't know whether it's what normally happens or I was just lucky but I remember the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen were in Cyprus. On both of my previous visits IIRC.

16 hours ago, Tamworthram said: