Holiday Plans 2022

Angry Ram

On 25/02/2022 at 00:28, Zag zig said:

Several things that seem to be affecting my general upbeat mood, have sent me on an Internet mission tonight, so I’m now again feeling a bit more content having booked a trip to Kefalonia in August. Last time I went there with the missus, my eldest appeared 9 months later; this time he’s coming along to get drunk with me and stop any romantic notions I might have, under the influence.

We’re there in August too, from Sunday 14th.

Hope you have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

That's it.

The 21/22 season is officially done for me.

Off camping late next week, for 16 nights in Rural France... far, far, far, far away from any Wembley shenanigans that may or may not ensue on the 29th!

Rest assured, I will not be going out of my way for any updates!    ?

#bothered!
#interestless
#notajot
#whatever
#tinpot

On 04/05/2022 at 20:09, JoetheRam said:

Has anyone been to Manchester airport recently? How were the queues? Media hype or was it real squeaky bum time making it to your gate?

We travel on Saturday morning from Terminal 3.

In the event it was a complete breeze. Walked straight through more or less.

Took half hour to get back in on return.

Same again in September please.

On 05/05/2022 at 13:51, Tamworthram said:

Just a hunch but you could be in a minority over there

I don't understand? Why would I be in a minority and where?

However, first one done - Northern Ireland - brilliant place, great food, great drinks, especially the Guinness & Bushmills, and great people.

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

I don't understand? Why would I be in a minority and where?

However, first one done - Northern Ireland - brilliant place, great food, great drinks, especially the Guinness & Bushmills, and great people.

Excuse my ignorance but do they celebrate Christmas in the UAE?

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Excuse my ignorance but do they celebrate Christmas in the UAE?

I lived and worked in the United Arab Emirates for 14 years (6 years in Abu Dhabi & 9 years in Dubai), and I can assure you all religions and cultural festivities such as Eid-Al Fitr (after Ramadan) for Muslims; Christmas & Easter for Christians and Diwali for Hindu's were celebrated. 

The Christmas trees and lights that they put up in the hotels and shopping malls are better than in Oxford Street, London, and every restaurant offers special Christmas Day lunches.

In the 14 years we were in the UAE, we only returned home twice at Christmas as we had a better time, and nearly every Christmas we had some family or friends joining us in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

6 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Off to Bath for my 30th at the end of June with a few mates.

Never been before, but heard it's very nice. Anyone have any recommendations besides the Roman baths?

https://www.thermaebathspa.com

The rooftop heated pool is a must do. Make sure you book.

Great pubs all fairly close together for a night out, boat trips on the river, museums, history during the day. 

Start our UK trip on Sunday. Have to fly south to Melbourne-2.20hr flight then north to Darwin-4hr flight then Darwin to London a 17.30 hr flight! Thanks for the change Qantas.

Off to Scotland for 7 weeks starting at Inverness on Tuesday night, spending the whole of June in Edinburgh then doing the West Highland walk from 3 July.

The final 4 weeks will be working our way down to Southampton then back to London. We should be in Derby July16. Hopefully there’s a pre season game on around then.

12 hours ago, Stagtime said:

Start our UK trip on Sunday. Have to fly south to Melbourne-2.20hr flight then north to Darwin-4hr flight then Darwin to London a 17.30 hr flight! Thanks for the change Qantas.

Off to Scotland for 7 weeks starting at Inverness on Tuesday night, spending the whole of June in Edinburgh then doing the West Highland walk from 3 July.

The final 4 weeks will be working our way down to Southampton then back to London. We should be in Derby July16. Hopefully there’s a pre season game on around then.

Are you ever not on holiday?!

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7