Holiday Plans 2022

Angry Ram

Pootling along the Normandy coastline yesterday on our bikes, and for a brief moment, thought CK was on his way to Blighty with sacks of cash! ?

Turns out it was a swarm of US Airforce bombers doing a (presumably) practice run for the upcoming D Day events. 
Very low and literally over head!  Brought a lump to the throat, if truth be told. So many reminders of so much heroism in these parts!  Obvs!  (Our first time to this area). 

Got a great front line video, for the holiday album (not that I’m a plane geek or owt!)  Don’t know how to put it in here!Hi

We’ll leave the main 6th June party to the masses though, as we up sticks and head for rural Brittany later this morning. 

Having a wonderful holiday so far… thanks to all those who fought and died to allow us such luxuries! 

xxx

On 18/05/2022 at 15:58, Scott129 said:

Off to Bath for my 30th at the end of June with a few mates.

Never been before, but heard it's very nice. Anyone have any recommendations besides the Roman baths?

It's a cracking place, Plenty of boozers to enjoy yourselves in, Be aware of the park down by the river, It's a pay to get in...so no riff raff?

On 20/05/2022 at 08:52, Wolfie said:

don't know whether it's what normally happens or I was just lucky but I remember the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen were in Cyprus. On both of my previous visits IIRC.

Think I feel that way every time in the Greek islands, it’s that calming pace and often stunning backdrops in beautiful weather; rarely seems you can go wrong there.

Kefalonia for me this time around.

56 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Think I feel that way every time in the Greek islands, it’s that calming pace and often stunning backdrops in beautiful weather; rarely seems you can go wrong there.

Kefalonia for me this time around.

We went to Zante once, In September so cooler, I'm very fair skinned I can get Moon Stroke, Well this September wasn't cooler it was in the mid 30s and the week before the air conditioning was turned off in the hotel...stifling it was.

After a good session on the ale we went to get a fan for the bedroom, I told her to stay outside and sit on the step(pi$$ed)she told me to do one and she'll do as she pleased...fare enough, I went inside, Got the fan, Came outside...no Wife, I can hear in the distance my name being called it was her but I can't see her, I get closer to her voice...still no wife, And then I can see where she is, She'd fell in those water run offs/gully's about a metre deep at the side of the road.

There she was on her back asking for help, Oh I said now you need me, I jumped down and picked her up and lifted her onto the road, Then I get a mouth full of abuse for leaving her outside the shop, Not having it, See you in the hotel later, I turn round and she's gone ar$e over tit into some bushes, Can't help myself but pi$$ing with laughter. 

The next day she's suffering in bed, Me I've all day to myself, It's great exploring on your own and chilling with a bottle of Amstel outside a bar ?  

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Rev said:

Just back from Corfu. 

Don't ask me what it's like, I don't have a clue.

Shamefully, I never left the confines of the hotel grounds for more than 20 minutes.

I went to Kavos/Chavos for the Euros in 2012. I let someone else pick the venue, he picked the cheapest! Luckily we had a really nice hotel. The resort itself was the pits. We were way too old. The drinks and music were dreadful. The only highlight was having a few drinks with Derby County Wonderkid Callum Ball, in an attempt to get "Derby County" to the top of the drinking league in a pub.

I think I can safely say there was not one part of the holiday I wish to repeat!

What was your reason for staying in hotel?

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I went to Kavos/Chavos for the Euros in 2012. I let someone else pick the venue, he picked the cheapest! Luckily we had a really nice hotel. The resort itself was the pits. We were way too old. The drinks and music were dreadful. The only highlight was having a few drinks with Derby County Wonderkid Callum Ball, in an attempt to get "Derby County" to the top of the drinking league in a pub.

I think I can safely say there was not one part of the holiday I wish to repeat!

What was your reason for staying in hotel?

Laziness, mostly. 

It's just such a nice complex, well spread out along a private beach, loads of different restaurants and bars to choose from, even a proper nightclub. 

The staff are incredible, can't do enough for you, which takes some getting used to.

By the time we'd got past our imposter syndrome, we were too relaxed to leave.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Laziness, mostly. 

It's just such a nice complex, well spread out along a private beach, loads of different restaurants and bars to choose from, even a proper nightclub. 

The staff are incredible, can't do enough for you, which takes some getting used to.

By the time we'd got past our imposter syndrome, we were too relaxed to leave.

what resort/town/village did you go to?