Have some supporters lost interest?

Boycie

I don't go to games to be honest, living over a 100 miles away and with no-one around me to go with, plus work/family commitments, it's just not really doable. I do however fervently follow DCFC daily, through this forum, online and watch every televised game. I also catch some of the U23 games.  

I do have a Rams Lite membership, if not to at least give the club some coffers.  Have I lost interest?  Nah.  Have I lost confidence and feel beaten down by the club I've supported for 45 years. Yes.  Maybe COVID hasn't helped but every time I open this forum, Twitter, Face Book, NewsNow or anything else, I do so expecting yet another problem and generally aren't disappointed.  At the moment it's just one thing after another.  I was so pleased to see Stretton score the other day, thinking and hoping that, do you know what, 4 points in our first two games would be great.  But no.  This is Derby - we not only lose, but CKR is crocked for 3 months. And we then sign a CB who's almost as old as me, and a striker whose goal scoring record can be counted on the hands of a T-Rex. I guess it's a sign of where we're at as a club.

One day soon, I hope,  I'll only see positive news but right now, supporting this great club of ours is hard on my soul. Melodramatic maybe, but having faced so much personally over the past 20 months, I could really do with us getting a break!  However, I'll keep smiling {through gritted teeth?

Havent lost any love for or interest in Derby but wont be renewing our season tickets. Mainly due to timing of matches for TV. Quickest we can get to Pride Park off peak is 2 hours and school finishes at 4.30. Sons in exam years and they cant keep leaving early now. Season before covid so many games werent at 3pm on Saturday it really didnt work with school and life generally.  Think the Friday nights were worst. So we shall just go on Saturdays like we did this weekend as cant see it will be issue getting tickets.  Would buy a weekend season ticket for our seats if such a thing was available. Perhaps the club need to be more flexible to get people to commit funds up front for whom season tickets dont work but doesnt look as if bothered about anything just now 

I will always follow the club but I've been losing interest in the match day 'experience' for a while now. I enjoyed the Lampard season and that inspired me to keep going and renew my season ticket. The covid break from the routine combined with a lack of finance has meant that I won't be going to the games again any time soon. I've been a season ticket holder for yonks. Not living local to Derby is also a factor. 

The cack football doesn't put me off - I started going to the games in the late 70s and early 80s!! Went to loads of away games in the old third division and I remember the day we were 15 minutes from going bust. The 11 point season didn't put me off either. I think it's modern football generally that I don't feel part of and that makes me sad. 

I can't really blame those who have lost their desire to watch us play but I've got to say it hasn't been this interesting for years and I've no intention of walking away at this point while things are as interesting as they are.

I love the drama, positive or negative. It's what the game is all about for me

I haven't had a season ticket for the last 3 -4 years and only been to a handful of matches in that time due to chronic health problems. Being confined to barracks for about 16 months due to being in the extremely vulnerable group regarding Covid hasn't helped matters much but i am still as passionate about Derby as i always have been from when i started going to the BBG in the 70's. Would i feel safe going again in the future, the honest answer is no.

A longtime since my last post...So here's my 2 peneth worth.

Since lockdown from March 2020 until the begining of this season, I've found that i've not missed going to Pride Park, The poster "B4" I know how he feels when talking DCFC and going to watch them, I was the same back in the day, Eat, Sleep, Drink and nothing else where DCFC was concerned, Sacrifices over decades, I've even pinched a few bob to get into the BBG, It was a "Drug" I couldn't get out of the habit, Seen lots of bad stuff, Been involved in a lot aswell, After a defeat i'd feel pretty low for a couple of days and "sulk", Come Tues/Wed i'd snap out of it as Saturday was just a few days away, A win WOW! it's one great high, A Buzz that is hard to explain but makes you feel absolutely great.

I've shed tears of joy and tears of woe this last 50 years of DCFC, They've made me proud to be a DCFC fan, They've made me sad too, So altho I could re-new at a far lesser price as i'm now one of the older folk i've decided against it, No trudging those dark and cold winter nights to PP or having to change my plans through Sky TVs awfull schedule, I still jumped to my feet as I did on Saturday when we scored, But I never felt down when we lost, Just a shrug of my shoulders and a wry smile on my face...after all this is Derby County ?

11 minutes ago, Loftyhites said:

In all of this, for the ‘fleeting’ supporter, there might be a team just 13 miles down the road that may be a division above us next season. What is the more attractive fixture: Derby v Fleetwood or Burton v Leeds?

11 minutes ago, Loftyhites said:

In all of this, for the ‘fleeting’ supporter, there might be a team just 13 miles down the road that may be a division above us next season. What is the more attractive fixture: Derby v Fleetwood or Burton v Leeds?

If Barton had still been there, worth it to see two old has beens slugging it out in tunnel after match

Didn’t go to the first game for other reasons but I’ve definitely distanced myself from the club over the summer.

The euros were a nice distraction but I was waiting for some sort of new era to get back in to Derby but the Rooney/Mel saga continues to drag itself out.

I don’t know if anyone else had this but I was waiting for the club to get sorted out and then suddenly realised we were playing on Saturday. Stearman and Curtis at the back.

Reality has sunk in now that this is what we’re watching this season and I’m happy to go again. I know what the deal is.

The people I have the most time for right now are the players. We’re in a dire situation and these are the lads we have to keep us up, I’m going to back them to the death.

There’s no point moaning about Roos/Fozzy/Jozwiak, there’s no one coming to replace them now or in January. Zero point selling them either. Every player I’ve seen criticised on social media is a player I’m grateful we have at the club right now.

This season, as far as the players are concerned, I’m only going to be positive. Byrne can score three own goals and I’ll clap him off. They need that attitude from the supporters to stand a chance.

Rooney is at least sticking by the fans and players but I wish he’d ducked off instead. It’s daft but I’d take McClaren over Rooney at this point, football is crap, results are crap, constant media attention is crap. Not usually bothered about the media but the clubs image is only getting worse with him at the helm. McClaren may be the only one who would take the job at this point. 

Mel can duck off, which I wasn’t saying at the end of last season. Backed a fair few of his decisions but we know about 10/20% of what is going on at the club. To have all the facts at your disposal and still put us in the situation he’s put us in, I can’t believe it. He’s either a rat or he’s stupid.

I’ll always be grateful for the academy but the sooner he’s gone, the better. Never have him near the club again.
Yes, the EFL are out of order but he was too clever for his own good. Glad he was outspoken against them, wish he had the brains to back his words up.

The fans. Pride Park can be anxious and toxic at its worst. We’ll go down if it is. I know I sound like B4 but get behind the lads no matter what.

My love for football has been slipping away for a few years. The prem is poisonous, £100m on Grealish isn’t even laughable when clubs are sinking and along with them the lifestyle of people like me who used to plan our lives around the fixture list. 
Total saturation of football on tele too. 
More than that it’s our fans, the bile all over social media. The moaning at the game, the booing, the political stuff, the constant neediness of fans demanding success. 
I think the pride has gone. I used to be proud to be a Derby fan, now I’m just meh.