Have some supporters lost interest?

Boycie

I’ve heard a few people say that since the long lay off from going to home games and away that they’ve not really missed it.  Some I speak to aren’t going to renew ST’s.

Have people found other things to waste money on?  

I think the delay in having a deadline in buying a season ticket hasn’t helped either, many supporters have neither had no communication from the club or just can’t be arsed to find out.

Ive bought the next two home games and will look out for the ST news on Wednesday, but I’d be surprised if we haven’t lost a few fans forever.

Edited by Boycie
Back for Wembley obviously.

"Build it and they will come"

A chaotic club, seemingly creeping to administration or relegation or both, poor results over a long period of time. Change that and the fans who have made the decision to stay away may change their minds.

Following covid many people, not just football fans, will have had to cut their financial cloth accordingly. Dropping a wedge of income on football will no doubt have slipped down the list of priorities.

Let's be honest between all the crap Derby fans put up with its hardly a surprise and I wouldn't blame them , the price for a season ticket is just not worth what we witness on the field , and then they added a none disclosure onto a meeting that was to give fans information,  sad times and very poor club management 

It’s something I’ve internally struggled with for a few years now, pre Covid and the EFL/Mel troubles…and maybe not just a Derby thing, but football on the whole, I just don’t get as excited as I used to.

Maybe it’s getting older. I became a dad recently too, so a bit more pipe and slippers. I actually prefer listening to the game on RD than going. 

The thing that comes to mind is the Mitchell and Webb sketch where David Mitchell implies, by way of a faux Sky ad, that Football never really ends - and I feel that a lot. Sky and the digital age mean it’s information overload 

I also feel a bit spent from Mclaren’s first spell. That was like football heroin. The highest high. Not just the football, but the ease and rate in which Cloughs neatly assembled, but fits and starts team - became so entertaining and alluring so quickly. Still in hangover from that. ‘Why can’t we always improve that quickly’……?

it might just be me. Don’t wanna be an eeyore. But in answer to the post, to some people (I.e me) it’s not just Covid, or the precarious nature of the club that’s stopping me from going.

But I’m a fickle sod, so if Jags comes into a back 3 on Wednesday and we start playing like PSG then I’ll start to waver….??

I’d imagine a fair few Derby supporters will have lost interest.

I mean, what is there to be excited about this season? Some supporters will go to games regardless, as an escape from their daily lives or a chance to see friends. Others will look at the situation and with personal finances tight think they will give it a miss for a year.

I re-joined the forum as I missed talking about Derby as a general fan. I’ll pay my £300 Ramtv subscription for the year.

But I don’t feel a buzz watching this team at all. It’s going to be a tough watch over the next few months. Those that continue to spend their hard-earned money, travel all over to watch Derby this season (especially in the colder winter months) knowing it’s largely going to be a struggle deserve a round of applause.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I mean, what is there to be excited about this season? Some supporters will go to games regardless, as an escape from their daily lives or a chance to see friends. Others will look at the situation and with personal finances tight think they will give it a miss for a year.

I re-joined the forum as I missed talking about Derby as a general fan. I’ll pay my £300 Ramtv subscription for the year.

But I don’t feel a buzz watching this team at all. It’s going to be a tough watch over the next few months. Those that continue to spend their hard-earned money, travel all over to watch Derby this season (especially in the colder winter months) knowing it’s largely going to be a struggle deserve a round of applause.

Morons more like ?

13 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Morons more like ?

Yeah I left Peterborough thinking - you only had yourself to blame for this. 

But I’ll probably be at Sheff United in a few weeks. I do love an away day when I can get to a few. 

Edited by Ramos

My interest is growing if anything. Not sure if that’s weird.

Let the expectation die completely and get some proper clarity/light at the end of the tunnel off the field and the fans will be back. We’ve been poo for the majority of the last two decades. As long as we don’t go bust, what’s one more year? 

Whilst I’d rather not, for the sake of the football club, going down would only increase my interest personally. 

33 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Agree that it's going to be a long season. Traditionally we are pushing for promotion or at least watching good opposition beat us...following us to Peterborough to lose is a tough sell. 

In response to the thread about 'when football dies', I also considered how my kids are of the modern generation who follow Ronaldo, Neymar etc on YouTube. They don't have the affection for a local team. The ties for me to follow Derby through hell and high water are weakening... 

I think it's a general starving of hope that's built up over the last couple of years, covid times, no wins in forever, no sign of an end to the sad decline.

Win a few matches and things will start to seem better.

However a big change in the situation, EFL issues resolved and new ownership and the vibe will be transformed.

Fans have been talking about Sky killing the game since 1993 and in that time we’ve seen our average attendance at a pretty decent level even in the 2nd tier. The bottom line is if we get a team playing half decent football and good results then people will turn up. Middle aged blokes love bemoaning that things ain’t what they were since the dawn of time and we’re probably no different to the folks stood around in the 4th century saying the wheel was the root of all evil to come. Saying that if you’d been unlucky enough to be stuck indoors of a Saturday Evening watching that horrific Michael McIntyre game show ‘The Wheel’ instead of being out for a few post match ales, then you could say they had incredible foresight. 

Club feels like it did when Clough jr left. Fans loosing interest lowering attendances. Yet a core of fans that go every week rain or shine and fully supportive of the team and manager. 
I don’t think the fact we don’t have a ticket office helps and obtaining a ticket is a little more difficult. I never have bought season tickets in a while due to never knowing if I can make the game until late notice. (Tbh I don’t feel like I save too much money as I end up making most games) so I’d buy them in the ticket office on the day. That option isn’t available now. They’ll be loosing around 500 odd fans from just tickets on the day. Also not selling season tickets can’t help. 
Having gone to the games I do feel the atmosphere amongst fans is a whole lot more positive than on the forum. 

1 hour ago, Stripperg-ram said:

It’s something I’ve internally struggled with for a few years now, pre Covid and the EFL/Mel troubles…and maybe not just a Derby thing, but football on the whole, I just don’t get as excited as I used to.

Maybe it’s getting older. I became a dad recently too, so a bit more pipe and slippers. I actually prefer listening to the game on RD than going. 

The thing that comes to mind is the Mitchell and Webb sketch where David Mitchell implies, by way of a faux Sky ad, that Football never really ends - and I feel that a lot. Sky and the digital age mean it’s information overload 

I also feel a bit spent from Mclaren’s first spell. That was like football heroin. The highest high. Not just the football, but the ease and rate in which Cloughs neatly assembled, but fits and starts team - became so entertaining and alluring so quickly. Still in hangover from that. ‘Why can’t we always improve that quickly’……?

it might just be me. Don’t wanna be an eeyore. But in answer to the post, to some people (I.e me) it’s not just Covid, or the precarious nature of the club that’s stopping me from going.

But I’m a fickle sod, so if Jags comes into a back 3 on Wednesday and we start playing like PSG then I’ll start to waver….??

The older I get the fire for Derby get even brighter and hotter.