Have some supporters lost interest?

Boycie

It would certainly appear that between all the off-field drama in the last 18 months and the impact that's had on the on-field, expensive tickets, crap ticketing system, EFL battles, transfer embargoes, drink driving, Rooney's personal life, and losing every week; that DCFC seems to be doing everything in its power to drive me away.

And yet, I can't shake myself from going and supporting the lads. I can't influence anything off the field, and the only possible impact is could have is to go and show the lads some support in the hope that that drives them over the line and we start cobbling some results together. 

And hopefully when Morris's disastrous tenure finally wet farts itself out of its godforsaken existence, I hope that the fans who are rightly and understandably put off from expending their time, cash, and effort on a club which doesn't seem to want to respect them, will feel they want to come back.

20 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

The proof of the argument will be if the people who have "lost interest" immediately return when Mel sells up, we start doing well, or at all wont it?

Not unless you can show it's the same people and the reason they've returned is a rekindled interest and not any other reason.

All you are doing is virtue signalling - look what a good supporter I am...

No interest lost here.  As loyal as they come, me.  Full fan.  Rain or shine. Passion coming out my ears.  Blah, blah, blah.

I'll be cashing in my freebie season ticket as soon as I'm offered the chance.

Would I be renewing, if I had to fork out a few hundred quid?  This week?  As things currently stand?  I seriously doubt it!

... But I guess we'll never know now. 
Under the circumstances, I'll give this season a free shot, and see what next Spring/Summer brings!  

#Full fan my ar5e!   

I'm pretty much sure I won't renew my ST (didn't bother last year either as I was pretty sure the pandemic would rumble on and make it a waste of money)

All the same factors as people have stated above, with the added cherry on top that for something that is such poor value for money, and rarely enjoyable, why would I take the additional risk of a nice bonus covid infection ?

Will still follow the games and listen on the radio if I'm in, but fundamentally the pandemic gave me a reason not to renew, and now that link is broken- the club have to be giving me the incentive to get back on-board. I don't see that happening any time soon

30 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

The proof of the argument will be if the people who have "lost interest" immediately return when Mel sells up, we start doing well, or at all wont it?

There'll be more than a few , who will return once Mel has gone, whether the performance gets better or worse.

Lost interest?? never, my love for Derby County is as strong as ever , my one hope for the season is we get our act together , on and off the pitch and attract some of the fans back who have fell out of love with it all , i firmly believe Once a Ram always a Ram so these stay away fans can be swayed , COYR

I think in general it’s about getting back in the swing of things for most, which is probably still a few months down the road and seeing how bad covid cases get during autumn and winter.

One thing to remember numbers would have probably gone down in the last 18 months anyway and ofcourse there’s a load of factors on and off the pitch that would have contributed to that, but I don’t think that would necessarily put off the core of your support.

The clubs supporters base is county wide, it’s not like we are all based in a major city and using public transport and feel like everything’s back to normal. For a lot of people going back to supporting Derby County is a major part of their lives, you know i may hm be umming and ahhing over a season ticket but I’m still thinking about the club for large parts of the day or on here yapping away. 

So I don’t think it’s about a loss of interest, it’s just gonna take a while to return to normality 

My love for Derby has not diminished but my interest is slowly starting to. Find it hard to justify missing family events etc only to ruin my weekend by seeing us churn out the same old poo.

Personally think there’s still a hangover from the 11 point season. To have the club you love mocked every season is not a great feeling. Plus Derby seem to be the only team in recent seasons that has missed out on promotion and failed to go up in the next season or two. Overall it’s led to us being out of the prem for over a decade and for us to be overtaken by ‘smaller’ clubs. 

Now we’re going through a slow car crash of boring, losing football, with a selfish owner and a rookie manager who has zero charisma. Add in covid and the rising prices of everything it’s just a bit meh. 

The championship is also losing its magic. The 3 relegated teams are always looking good for a return and the ridiculous financial rules are stunting any ambition from anyone else. I don’t think it’s impossible to get promoted as a non relegated team but it appears harder than it was 5 seasons ago. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

No interest lost here.  As loyal as they come, me.  Full fan.  Rain or shine. Passion coming out my ears.  Blah, blah, blah.

I'll be cashing in my freebie season ticket as soon as I'm offered the chance.

Would I be renewing, if I had to fork out a few hundred quid?  This week?  As things currently stand?  I seriously doubt it!

... But I guess we'll never know now. 
Under the circumstances, I'll give this season a free shot, and see what next Spring/Summer brings!  

#Full fan my ar5e!   

I pay what ever they ask of me but bound getting a discount on it.

31 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

My love for Derby has not diminished but my interest is slowly starting to. Find it hard to justify missing family events etc only to ruin my weekend by seeing us churn out the same old poo.

Personally think there’s still a hangover from the 11 point season. To have the club you love mocked every season is not a great feeling. Plus Derby seem to be the only team in recent seasons that has missed out on promotion and failed to go up in the next season or two. Overall it’s led to us being out of the prem for over a decade and for us to be overtaken by ‘smaller’ clubs. 

Now we’re going through a slow car crash of boring, losing football, with a selfish owner and a rookie manager who has zero charisma. Add in covid and the rising prices of everything it’s just a bit meh. 

The championship is also losing its magic. The 3 relegated teams are always looking good for a return and the ridiculous financial rules are stunting any ambition from anyone else. I don’t think it’s impossible to get promoted as a non relegated team but it appears harder than it was 5 seasons ago. 

Look mate Derby is Worthing going too dont let things get you down I am enjoying be able to see lads play.