Have some supporters lost interest?

Boycie

I declined a ST refund and continued to pay my direct debit all the way through but still haven’t been this season.

The club only has its self to blame, I will be going Saturday but if I am honest not really that bothered.

Why do I feel like this? A number of reasons I guess which I would imagine are fairly standard across the board.

I’ve kept my money in the club but don’t feel valued still, the communication has been poor. Ringing in to ask questions was dreadful, literally getting cut off so far down the line, that actually makes you feel like the clubs going bust in itself.

I do know a few people inside the club, they say it’s a mess and has been for some time, whilst they don’t know major details or inside news they also feel undervalued.

MM’s battle with the EFL has ruined us, he’s let his emotions get in the way of business and now we are paying for it.

For the previous talk of the club being at the heart of the community it certainly feels very broken right now. 

Managerial decisions have cost us badly, Cocu being the worst for me, it was THE time to forget promotion and get a man in to build. Get players from lower levels and really be cost effective with lowered expectations and just be honest with the fans.

I may request a refund in all honesty as my desire has gone, we pay our money and we expect a well run club in return. Even the accounting situation as it stands makes me feel more pain is coming and then I can see very dark days returning as people will walk away. 

If you are a fan who wants to carry on and go each week good for you, I may join you I may not but for those that don’t is does not mean they don’t love the badge any less, the relationship just needs a bit more time to repair before we go back. 

Decided not to go again until Rooney, and Morris, have gone. Can't be bothered with the complete shambles and embarrassment on and off the pitch. Had a season ticket for 20 years, and this isn't about being bad, I've seen us be bad plenty of times. This is in no way a slight at the young lads, I support them as they're doing they best they can being lead by an inept manager. Collectively though, they've killed my love for attending games. I'll return in future.

30 minutes ago, Srg said:

Decided not to go again until Rooney, and Morris, have gone. Can't be bothered with the complete shambles and embarrassment on and off the pitch. Had a season ticket for 20 years, and this isn't about being bad, I've seen us be bad plenty of times. This is in no way a slight at the young lads, I support them as they're doing they best they can being lead by an inept manager. Collectively though, they've killed my love for attending games. I'll return in future.

I think you have one aspect spot on. There are comments that people are fairweather and not going/renewing because we are performing badly or half fans and as you say that is so not that for many. I think it is really sad that many who have gone through bad times with us before seem to not be renewing for the reasons you say. Many are the lifeblood of the club putting up with so much rubbish over the years but this is different. 

1 hour ago, Shaftesbury st said:

.......I may request a refund in all honesty as my desire has gone, we pay our money and we expect a well run club in return. Even the accounting situation as it stands makes me feel more pain is coming and then I can see very dark days returning as people will walk away......

Good luck with the attempt at getting a refund - when it became apparent that they'd made such a pig's backside of sorting out tickets for the first game I emailed them asking how I should go about requesting a refund of my ST money (that they've clung onto for the past 18 months) - I'm still waiting for a response....

Back in the dark days of the early to mid 80s (High Court, etc) I used to follow the team around the country; I've had a season ticket for the past 36 years; sat in the same seat at PP since the day it opened - and yet it seems that there's no-one in the club that gives a stuff about the people that make the club what it is.....combine that with the other crap that now surrounds professinal football in general and I'm right on the edge of walking away for good. It certainly seems that Derby County don't care about me - not sure why I should continue to care about them.....

On 16/08/2021 at 22:46, Bris Vegas said:

I’d imagine a fair few Derby supporters will have lost interest.

I mean, what is there to be excited about this season? Some supporters will go to games regardless, as an escape from their daily lives or a chance to see friends. Others will look at the situation and with personal finances tight think they will give it a miss for a year.

I re-joined the forum as I missed talking about Derby as a general fan. I’ll pay my £300 Ramtv subscription for the year.

But I don’t feel a buzz watching this team at all. It’s going to be a tough watch over the next few months. Those that continue to spend their hard-earned money, travel all over to watch Derby this season (especially in the colder winter months) knowing it’s largely going to be a struggle deserve a round of applause.

I understand how you feel but the strange thing for me is enjoying looking at the younger players developing. Knight last season … you watched him become a man. I saw Festy in a youth game … looked ok 18-20 months ago but now !!!! And Watson … such promise. So this keeps me interested. The only thing that’s making my head drop somewhat is the lack of goals. You need the “fix” that a ballooning net gives you. …… No pressure Jack and Louie ?

This is my first post in years. I've not been to a game for a couple of years now either. My following of Derby County got to the point where I would find out the weekends results from a smug forest fan (who I'm sure is secretly a bigger ram than any ram I've met). 

I put this down to losing love for football rather than the rams though. I only watch England matches if it's a tournament and I never watch match of the day or the FA cup final anymore. The closest to football I get is the make belief world of football manager.

Despite all this, I feel my interests in Derby County have suddenly perked up again. Maybe I'm a bit of a masochist, but I think all the troubles The Rams have been through recently have taken me back to some of my favourite memories of being Derby fan. My first season ticket was 2003, when we'd just been relegated from the premiership. I used to love going along to the games with my dad and uncle. Even after the dreadful 11 point season I still wanted to be there every week. Then football went crazy and Championship clubs started spending £20m on players and I totally lost interest. 

Now we're in this awful financial mess, but we're still putting out an 11 each week and the young lads are getting a chance I suddenly feel proud of my team again. Football has become boring, but in their time or need I feel drawn to get behind The Rams again!

14 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Even if Derby was Worthing I am not sure I could be arsed to drive the 8 miles to watch them. Proper half fan me.

8 miles? mmm, gonna guess at either Trumpton or Southwick?

Worthing always a had a pre-season game against a Brighton 11, went a couple of times in my 20 years there.

Never have and never will lose interest in the team that run onto the pitch. What's presently happening at the club, regarding ownership, the issues around the clubs accounting and any other off field problems, I've determined I'll try to take no interest in.

Yes I know that what's happening off the pitch can have an impact on what happens on it. But I'm taking a fatalistic approach to whats happing at the club. So until something actually happens, I'm just interested turning up to hopefully watch a winning team out on the pitch.  

Edited by 1of4

12 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

8 miles? mmm, gonna guess at either Trumpton or Southwick?

Worthing always a had a pre-season game against a Brighton 11, went a couple of times in my 20 years there.

Rustington/Littlehampton buddy. I went to Trumpton this morning. Very busy at the fire station. Think the Mayor was due to visit.

28CECAF3-9037-4D66-B937-C546AC5A2CAF.png

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Rustington/Littlehampton buddy. I went to Trumpton this morning. Very busy at the fire station. Think the Mayor was due to visit.

That lad we signed from Chigley ? or was it Camberwick green ? Windy Miller .. legend ! 

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Nice, Rustington is posh.

Popping back down on 29th, see some ex work colleagues, check if the a27 has improved and if they've done anything with the warehouse by Durrington Tesco yet.

1 minute ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Nice, Rustington is posh.

Popping back down on 29th, see some ex work colleagues, check if the a27 has improved and if they've done anything with the warehouse by Durrington Tesco yet.

I live in the rough part. Safe travels Colonel. The A27 is definitely no better, but I have no knowledge of the Durrington Warehouse.