Derby county value

Oldben

What is the value of Derby county.

Rumour has it Mel is looking to sell for 50 million, he's not getting that.

So what is Derby county worth at present, I would like Mel to sell Derby for 20 million because I think it will encourage a buyer.

Mel might hold out for an amount but how much, 30 million.

Mel has destroyed Derby by selling anyone he could get money for, under a transfer embargo, he's guilty of making a team incapable of competing at the championship level. 

A team that's of no interest to buyers.

In its current form who would pay 50 million for the club.

Mel is paying the wages, the moment he stops, for evey month wages are not paid, Derby lose 3 points, is that correct?

So if he did not pay for 2 months, that's 6 points and Derby are relegated.

With the team Derby have now its highly likely the club are relegated, so that doesn't help Mel.

It's time he sold for less, but how much?

53 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Currently he can’t even give the club away with the debt. I don’t know much debt there is but we can’t even sell the club for a quid and someone take on the debt 

Last I saw was around £60m incl PP mortgage so pay £1 plus a proportion of the debt, starting point say half, MM pays off the other half, get DC and PP for around £30m and then debt free, not a bad deal. Need to review annual spend, compare now with spend at ffp level and also spend at break-even level and go from there.

Edited by derby8

12 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Last I saw was around £60m incl PP mortgage so pay £1 plus a proportion of the debt, starting point say half, MM pays off the other half, get DC and PP for around £30m and then debt free, not a bad deal. Need to review annual spend, compare now with spend at ffp level and also spend at break-even level and go from there.

Thing I still don't get, this season there's lots of cheap or free players available, plus loanees. It's a good market. On soft embargo we would be limited but nothing like now, could probably sign 8 or 9 (I think the number calculated was) cheap, short term deals. Then a mid-table position would look much more achievable and the value of the club would look more reasonable - what ever value of paying the debt is. Why not Mel?

43 minutes ago, derby8 said:

I suggest @derby8 leads a fan backed consortium.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

What is the value of Derby county.

Rumour has it Mel is looking to sell for 50 million, he's not getting that.

So what is Derby county worth at present, I would like Mel to sell Derby for 20 million because I think it will encourage a buyer.

Mel might hold out for an amount but how much, 30 million.

Mel has destroyed Derby by selling anyone he could get money for, under a transfer embargo, he's guilty of making a team incapable of competing at the championship level. 

A team that's of no interest to buyers.

In its current form who would pay 50 million for the club.

Mel is paying the wages, the moment he stops, for evey month wages are not paid, Derby lose 3 points, is that correct?

So if he did not pay for 2 months, that's 6 points and Derby are relegated.

With the team Derby have now its highly likely the club are relegated, so that doesn't help Mel.

It's time he sold for less, but how much?

Didn’t I read on here that he had lent 140m to the company that owns the club and that needs to be repaid.  I have no factual knowledge of this and merely repeating it ( it may be bs)

From what I have heard it is all about the ground being involved in the sale. 

Mel writes off the debt he has accrued, the club is sold for £1 but he wants to either keep the stadium or have the new owners buy it off him for £x million and the MSD loan, or more to Mel to then clear the MSD loan. 

New perspective owners worried that whatever they part with for the stadium and the MSD loan, they will have to also invest heavily in the now threadbare squad and also have a possibility of points deductions if the accounts are not as clean as we were told. 

You can see why possible parties are reluctant to get involved with so much unknown with the accounts, efl & possible sanctions even before you get in to how much they will have to put in even before bolstering a depleted squad.  

34 minutes ago, England Ram said:

You can see why possible parties are reluctant to get involved with so much unknown with the accounts, efl & possible sanctions even before you get in to how much they will have to put in even before bolstering a depleted squad.  

We could have bolstered the depleted squad quite cheaply if we hadn't been under a hard embargo, Mel.

The club’s debts massively outweigh its assets. Nobody will be stupid enough to pay anything for it. Mel will not recoup any of his massive outlay. I am pretty sure debts can’t just be written off by an owner any longer. I fail to see any option other than administration. Take the hit and just hope someone will buy us out of it and start afresh 

I really don’t know why anyone would take us over right now. The club is on its knees and continues to lose money.

How are we any more appealing than a dozen or so other Championship clubs who all have better foundations than we do currently?

I don’t think we will attract anyone with a realistic vision until we are at the bottom of the pit, most likely in League One similar to Ipswich Town.

19 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

How are we any more appealing than a dozen or so other Championship clubs who all have better foundations than we do currently?

It depends upon what you describe as foundations. You could argue that the club's stadium, training facilities, academy and fan base are not bettered by anyone in the championship. All are premier league standard, but unfortunately the first team management and players aren't, atm.

Villa were a similar basket case, probably worse, losing around £90M the season they got promoted. New owners took a gamble and thanks to Lampard's negative tactics at Wembley, they've seen a fine return for their investment. The only money needed at Derby is to spend on the right management and players, which needn't be much, relatively speaking, when you consider the potential reward.