v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

The whole team went into panic mode once they scored the equaliser.

Maybe so but I’m not sure how you can blame tactics etc for professional players going into panic mode. I’m sure Byrne himself would totally deny he panicked. He just messed up. That’s not to say he should be hung drawn and quartered. 

Any other year,any other season and any other set of circumstances and Wayne would have been sacked or would have walked.

But this is going to grind on until we are relegated,it's a never ending football nightmare with not a glimmer of hope for us.

What's our record for losing consecutive league games,surely can't be many more than 17 can it?

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mel Morris has to do something this week to try and save this football club.

It's on its knees.

If he can sit back and accept this then I don't believe it.

Probably looks unlikely that CKR will play again this season.

So now Stretton is our only striker.

Its desperate stuff. Utterly destroyed the club.

It's on its knees.

Perhaps he's not watching.

It's on its knees.

Well it will soon be the 18th to put us out of our misery one way or another.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It's on its knees.

Lose at Hull and the crowd that do make it to PP next Saturday might just be letting Morris know how they feel.

Having seen the first goal back, at no point from the freekick being taken was Byrne goalside of his man, better positioning and he potentially prevents the goal. Forsyth ducks, Jozwiak falls asleep and Byrne nowhere near his man.

2nd goal, Bird & Davies challenging each other, Forsyth out of position so its an easy ball into the box and the less said about Byrne at this point the better.

2nd half we looked better going forward and looked comfortable at 1-0 imo. Can see why Rooney went with Jozwiak to hit them on the break with Stretton & Sibley but id have gone with Brown or Williams & gone 5 at the back leaving Sibley & Stretton upfront

I thought our first touch and control let us down throughout the game. I can accept the odd misplaced pass but winning the ball to only let the opposition take it back off you should be punishable automatically dropped from the starting line up. I can accept we give away free kicks in the middle of the park but to not defend the free kick.

I was always told safety first when defending but in the depths of time added on to kick the ball straight to a forward on the penalty spot you should be shot at dawn.

I better not go one or I shoot half the squad.

I'm hanging my entire hope on a take over, new manager with ambition and a few players.

Imagine if we got took over and they put someone like wilder in charge. Even alex neil and a few signings would lift this club.

We are the media whipping boys. Ex players and managers laughing at us on sky, bbc, talk sport, twitter.

Desperate stuff.

29 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

oh dear oh dear oh dear.

not a great result.

so from the RD commentary i'm guessing it's goat-scape Jozwiak?

CKR injured to boot.

I’m afraid so too. It’s already started on the Joz thread. Ed Dawes kept harping on about the error .. that man positively relishes bad news. 

But for the errors that could have been a reasonably comfortable 0-1 away win and we would have been full of ourselves. We were better than them and shot ourselves in the foot. That’s not the manager 

5 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Can't let two stupid mistakes ruin the good that came out of the game up until last ten mins they did ok not amazing but ok we just need to try harder not to duck up next time. 

I love ur positivity mate I really do .. and ur right there were positives but when u concede 2 stupidly soft goals like that in injury time from amateurish mistakes on the back of what .. 1 win in 17 games .. hard to really look past that