Poll: Do we fans need a 'pound of flesh' from Mel?

RoyMac5

Pound of flesh?  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's understandably much anger against Mel and his running of the club.

But bottom line is we are where we are. Mel is still trying to keep things ticking over, the EFL are trying to stop him. 

Do you really need a pound of flesh (one definition: something that someone owes you that you take even though it will cause them to suffer)?

I don't. We need to move on and we can do that even with Mel still in charge, in my opinion obvs.

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

There's understandably much anger against Mel and his running of the club.

But bottom line is we are where we are. Mel is still trying to keep things ticking over, the EFL are trying to stop him. 

Do you really need a pound of flesh (one definition: something that someone owes you that you take even though it will cause them to suffer)?

I don't. We need to move on and we can do that even with Mel still in charge, in my opinion obvs.

He is paying for  the club to carry on running without him it’s definitely Administration or Liquidation and we don’t want that. 

Mel has been terrible at running this football club during his tenure, but he hasn’t done it purposely or with clear intentions to cause harm.

He certainly isn’t in the realm of Glazers, Oystons, 3 Amigos territory.

I don’t understand what could be gained from abusing (or booing) him. He isn’t a charlatan or he hasn’t been peforming a scandal. He must be well aware of how bad his tenure has been, and he is actively looking to sell.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I thought you were saying Mel should consider administration the other day, @Curtains

As a last resort yes. 

How would you feel if you were him .

He is doing his best to sell .

He has to put up with FFP and the EFL and embargo’s .

If I was him I’d feel very annoyed at all the flak and criticism he gets. 

I only asked the question i didn’t advocate it but as usual the bandwagon started on here 

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

As a last resort yes. 

How would you feel if you were him .

He is doing his best to sell .

He has to put up with FFP and the EFL and embargo’s .

If I was him I’d feel very annoyed at all the flak and criticism he gets. 

I only asked the question i didn’t advocate it but as usual the bandwagon started on here 

Like 99% of people on here, I don’t know whether he’s “doing his best” or whether he is the main factor in the club not being sold. It’s guesswork.

All I can judge him by is the state that the club (which he owns and is ultimately responsible for) is in. And it is in the absolute doldrums. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Like 99% of people on here, I don’t know whether he’s “doing his best” or whether he is the main factor in the club not being sold. It’s guesswork.

All I can judge him by is the state that the club (which he owns and is ultimately responsible for) is in. And it is in the absolute doldrums. 

Absolute doldrums is a bit harsh mate. 

We have some  great young players who are improving all the time and we are trying to get some players in .

We have until 31st of August.to do that if the EFL back off a little bit  

Agree we should go to the game to support the team and Manager, because the problems at Derby are not down to them, the sooner we are sold the better for everyone including Mel. Will not boo Mel, as all my energy will be supporting the team, but i will not support Mel, for what he has done, but No booing or calling for his head, i am there to support Derby County, as i have done for 40 odd years or more. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Edited by Derby blood

44 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mel has been terrible at running this football club during his tenure, but he hasn’t done it purposely or with clear intentions to cause harm.

He certainly isn’t in the realm of Glazers, Oystons, 3 Amigos territory.

I don’t understand what could be gained from abusing (or booing) him. He isn’t a charlatan or he hasn’t been peforming a scandal. He must be well aware of how bad his tenure has been, and he is actively looking to sell.

Broadly agree with all those points. I don’t want a pound of flesh, whatever definition anyone might use. When he leaves though I do expect him to sell to competent people, and to leave the club in no worse a financial position than when he took it over. This includes ensuring that once again the stadium is an asset of the club. 

11 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I didnt moan when Mel was spending. So i wont be a hypocrite and moan when its gone wrong for him. Im there Saturday to support the team as always. 

It's not being a hypocrite. We as fans didn't know all the goings on inside the club. He did. He is the owner, he is responsible. Just because we didn't moan at the time, doesn't mean we can't say anything now. We as fans expect him to run the club properly. He simply hasn't done that.