Poll: Do we fans need a 'pound of flesh' from Mel?

RoyMac5

Pound of flesh?  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't want a pound of flesh, but, what I do want is Mel to stick his hand in his pocket, to leave us in the same state as he found us, because IMO he has ran this club in a reckless manner. 

Here are my reasons why I think Mel has failed:

• Not understanding a football club and trying to run it like a business (Leadership wise), entering the changing room and rousting the manger and players, drones on moor farm and cancelling the summer training camp.  This pissed the team off and the results tailed off quickly.
  • Not understanding the clubs an failing to run it as a business (Financially), mass over spending, paying inflated transfer fees and wages on average players at best.  Butterfield & Johnson cost £10M, both on high wages and worth a fraction of the fee and salary, which is why they were released at the end of their contracts.  There are numerous other examples, but this set the scene in his early tenure and Derby were labelled as a cash cow!
  • Poor managerial appointments and not giving 'some' managers long enough to build a team, otheres were just woeful appointments.  I won't go through them, but, there were some pretty poor decisions, he sacked McClaren twice and the only reason he was not appointed the manager a 3rd time, is he would have looked an even bigger clown than he does now.  What the hell was Harry Rednapp all about too?  FFS the desperation is there to see!!!! 
  • Finally the massed debt, he should have shown patience, have a go, if it does work stay within FFP rules, do not bend them and they go again at the start of the next 3 year cycle....
  • Poor communication with the fans, Mel has loved the limelight when its gone well, but, the litmus test is to man up and face the media and the fans when its gone wrong and by god has it gone wrong.  EPIC FAIL....

A couple of good points:

Mel you are one of our own and I thank you for your efforts, you did what you did with the best of intentions at heart, the finance director who advised you (If you followed his advance) should never work again.  Sadly you made a lot of bad decisions, I just hope he does not leave us saddled with debt for the next decade+.  That certainly would not be the actions of one of our own!!!!!!

I'm saving the best till last which is our world class academy, which will hopefully help us produce some world class talent and help us pay off the debts asap.

UP THE MIGHTY RAMS

Edited by RAM1966