Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

Yes its a non league team but we have now won 2 games in a row including vs a La Liga team who finished 6th, plus 2 clean sheets.

However, what I do want to say is im sure during this weeks build-up alot of media will be reporting about our 1 win in 15 at the back end of last season & make out that negativity continues into this season, well these 2 wins are very important as it can dismiss any of that negativity as they are just as relevant as last seasons form.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Jozwiak’s biggest downfall is ball-striking ability.

He has pace, intelligence, excellent close ball-control, the ability to beat players in tight spaces and bravery.

But when it comes to actually kicking a ball, he’s like Theo Robinson. I bet he shies away from the halfway crossbar challenge in training as I seriously doubt he can kick the ball hard enough to reach the goal. Most of his crosses barely beat the first man or are scuffed along the floor.

yeah useless at crossing isn't he.

On 30/07/2021 at 19:03, Tyler Durden said:

Thought would be the first to start this thread 

Looking forward to the stroll down to Meadow Lane and a couple of pints in The Trent Navigation Inn beforehand to visit the only football club worth mentioning in Nottingham. 

Where were you, I got you one in??

44 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

yeah useless at crossing isn't he.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of Jozwiak. But let’s not pretend he swings crosses like that in on a weekly basis. His ball-striking ability is poor compared to the rest of his game.

If he could strike a ball as well as say Harry Wilson, then he’d be a £20m+ PL player because the rest of his game IMO is beyond Championship level. 

We’ve enjoyed some great Championship wide players in the past decade. Ince, Ward, Russell, Wilson. I think Jozwiak’s close ball control, turn of pace, dribbling in tight spaces and movement is better than all of them. But the abovementioned can all strike the ball far better.

1 minute ago, DCFC27 said:

As good as Cashin looked today, (and I’ll happily be proved wrong) he’s too small for the championship at CB. 

I know it’s completely different and I’m just playing here…

someone said Messi was too small to make it ?‍♂️ Bet they are kicking themselves now.

We won’t know until if/when he plays.

28 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

As good as Cashin looked today, (and I’ll happily be proved wrong) he’s too small for the championship at CB. 

Interesting view, Im inclined to agree as I still think you need 1 beast at CB in this div. However, maybe he has a fantastic leap and doesn't miss many headers? Great towering header for the goal.

29 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

He's 6' 1" - possibly slightly below average height for Championship CB but not noticeably so. From today's evidence he was brave in aerial battles, decent spring on him, well positioned & got good distance on his headers...all more important than pure height. 

He also looks quite a physical lad & I'd argue strength is as important to deal with the units that play up top in the Championship. His comfort on the ball also suits what looks to be our new style. Whilst we urgently need Jagielka & Davies through the door, I'd really like Cashin to start plenty of games this season. Think he could mature into a good CB at our level especially with one of those two alongside him.

Just now, LeedsCityRam said:

He's 6' 1" - possibly slightly below average height for Championship CB but not noticeably so. From today's evidence he was brave in aerial battles, decent spring on him, well positioned & got good distance on his headers...all more important than pure height. 

Is he really 6' 1"? 

I thought his best quality was his reading of the game - he always seemed to be where the ball was.

43 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I know it’s completely different and I’m just playing here…

someone said Messi was too small to make it ?‍♂️ Bet they are kicking themselves now.

We won’t know until if/when he plays.

Jim Smith had Maradona on trial at Birmingham when he was 18 and turned him down due to that reason.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Is he really 6' 1"? 

I thought his best quality was his reading of the game - he always seemed to be where the ball was.

So says Football Manager ? Couldnt find any other source that listed his height. Seems about right from seeing him on the telly.

Yes, agree his reading of the game was very good. That intelligence allied to his bravery would mask physical shortcomings anyway. Jake Buxton is smaller than Cashin but no-one ever doubted his aerial prowess.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of Jozwiak. But let’s not pretend he swings crosses like that in on a weekly basis. His ball-striking ability is poor compared to the rest of his game.

If he could strike a ball as well as say Harry Wilson, then he’d be a £20m+ PL player because the rest of his game IMO is beyond Championship level. 

We’ve enjoyed some great Championship wide players in the past decade. Ince, Ward, Russell, Wilson. I think Jozwiak’s close ball control, turn of pace, dribbling in tight spaces and movement is better than all of them. But the abovementioned can all strike the ball far better.

Jesus...are they still going on about how good Jozwiak is? I will once he starts showing something.

I don’t remember Darren Wassall and Jacob Larson (sp) being particularly huge blokes and they were pretty decent (although maybe they just didn’t look as big in comparison to who else was at the back… or my memory is completely playing tricks on me). Either way, if he’s good enough, he’ll be big enough.