Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

9 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

For me Jozwiak has been a massive dissapointment, clearly got some talent but I think collectively we have seen about 30 minutes worth since he arrived...really hope he can prove his worth going forward, but I have my doubts.

Jozwiak’s biggest downfall is ball-striking ability.

He has pace, intelligence, excellent close ball-control, the ability to beat players in tight spaces and bravery.

But when it comes to actually kicking a ball, he’s like Theo Robinson. I bet he shies away from the halfway crossbar challenge in training as I seriously doubt he can kick the ball hard enough to reach the goal. Most of his crosses barely beat the first man or are scuffed along the floor.

He has the potential to be an excellent player but he needs to work on lowerbody strength. Get him on a strength training program with plenty of heavy weighted bulgarian split squats and he may can find that power.

It’s not his technique which is a problem. It’s genetics. 

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Watne said in his interview that when he gets the triallists in, then we will have a good squad, so he agrees with me.

As do I 

he’s had his hands tied ridiculously

think we all.. Wayne included just want to see some bodies over the line just to relax us all as much as anything 

50 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not sure it quite works like that, looking at Brum when they had a similar embargo a few years back. Pretty sure we could sign 4 trialists and start the season with them. If we then promote Cashin (or any others) from the youth squads it just means we're above quota for the next transfer window (ie we'd have to move two players on before we could bring one in). 

If Cashin was promoted to the first team squad end of last season they'd probably say different but right now he's a youth player and will start the season as it, whether he starts the Huddersfield game or not. 

Yeah, if we sign the trialists, then it doesn't matter how many academy graduates then play in the first team.

However, fielding one before they've signed WILL take up one of the slots.

We'd then have to wait until we move from a hard embargo to a soft embargo to sign more players.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wages are just too high and I can’t see Stoke allowing us just to pay £4500 per week ?

Therein lies our problem. How do EFL arrive at £4500. Is it an algorithm designed to get us relegated on goal difference.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Therein lies our problem. How do EFL arrive at £4500. Is it an algorithm designed to get us relegated on goal difference.

Imagine Gregory scoring 10 goals a season for us whilst we only paid £4500 to Stoke every week - they wouldn’t be having that ( I thought he had signed for Portsmouth anyway but I could be wrong) 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Gibson worked it out 

can’t wait til we that lot at our place 

I want a forest style reception for that big pube haired ******* 

I know I won’t be supporting the lads away up at Middlesbrough this year because none of my money is going into Gibsons pocket 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wages are just too high and I can’t see Stoke allowing us just to pay £4500 per week ?

Might depend on if they get any other offers. In terms of financials, surely they would prefer that someone would be paying £4500 of his weekly wages than nothing.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Cashin our new Colin Todd 

Just cycled back from the game. Felt wierd in the stands. First match for a couple of years. Where shall I start. 

The negatives- yes it was mainly a second team and I didn't recognise all the players. BUT, firstly I can see us struggling on crosses and set pieces again this season and we will ship a lot of goals this way. Very young and small team. 

Football was pretty and passing good and crisp but the level of the opposition was limited and it is August. Pitch was good. However we still look like we will struggle to create and be a very low scoring team. Lack of penetration and real chances. 

Okay. Positives. See above. I was thinking that Curtains, while watching Cashin as someone who saw Todd in the flesh in his heyday. Couple of crunching tackles early on and great goal. 

The young midfielders looked good. The small lad, Hutchinson and Watson and they should get game time here and there. Ebosele is a unit and should maybe play in front of Byrne next Sat. Some great forward runs. 

So hopefully some signings this week and the future is bright. 

I must be getting old because a lot of the fans were SO young! 

I was standing next to the lads who were singing 'Jake Bugg is poo' which was funny the first time.

Yes it was the Derby fans who were singing 'he shags who he wants'. I suppose we're just pre-empting what the away fans will be singing for the next 2 months. 

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Gibson worked it out 

can’t wait til we that lot at our place 

I want a forest style reception for that big pube haired ******* 

I think he'd be best advised to stay away. Violence is so unnecessary and damaging most of the time and can't be condoned of course. 

That said, and acknowledging it doesn't reflect well on me, if he got a pasting I'd struggle to care less.

1 minute ago, Rampant said:

I think he'd be best advised to stay away. Violence is so unnecessary and damaging most of the time and can't be condoned of course. 

That said, and acknowledging it doesn't reflect well on me, if he got a pasting I'd struggle to care less.

I don’t think your alone with those thoughts