Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

Puyol was under 6ft too  Michael Johnson wasnt the tallest either.

If you arent 6ft plus you have to read the game very well and have excellent decision making. Knowing when to challenge, when to drop, when to go tight, when to contest a header are all skills that can help you win physical battles.

31 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Jesus...are they still going on about how good Jozwiak is? I will once he starts showing something.

I’m guessing that Jozwiak is on this forum, on the transfer page and keep refreshing to see if we’ve signed Lewandowski. I think this would help to bring the best out of him and we won’t see the best of him until this happens. 

12 minutes ago, Norwichram2 said:

1.87m. 6'1.5" allegedly!! How tall is Jagielka? 

Cashin was excellent but if he’s 6’1” I’m a Dutchman.

Im saying he’s 5’10” maybe 5’11” 

However it’s largely irrelevant as he didn’t lose an areal battle all game and his reading of the game was first class. 

If he was 6’5” but lost headers and got in the wrong position all game would that be better?

8 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Cashin was excellent but if he’s 6’1” I’m a Dutchman.

Im saying he’s 5’10” maybe 5’11” 

However it’s largely irrelevant as he didn’t lose an areal battle all game and his reading of the game was first class. 

If he was 6’5” but lost headers and got in the wrong position all game would that be better?

Agreed

Only just got home as been on the lash around Nottingham all day after the match so may not be the most coherent.....first half we controlled possession but didn't actually do anything of note to hurt County with, goal from the corner welcome bonus.

Second half we were lucky not to concede after County contrived to miss two gilt edges chances, penalty converted for us with aplomb.

I know we were fielding a very young side today but the same deficiencies were apparent from last season; passing the ball to death without any incisive attack intent.

As per the Salford friendly was hard to determine the gulf in league standings to the casual observer.

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

Jesus...are they still going on about how good Jozwiak is? I will once he starts showing something.

I think he has shown parts of his game is very good. He wouldn’t be a Poland international and touted for the top if he wasn’t. 

He needs to show an end product

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

He's 6' 1" - possibly slightly below average height for Championship CB but not noticeably so. From today's evidence he was brave in aerial battles, decent spring on him, well positioned & got good distance on his headers...all more important than pure height. 

He also looks quite a physical lad & I'd argue strength is as important to deal with the units that play up top in the Championship. His comfort on the ball also suits what looks to be our new style. Whilst we urgently need Jagielka & Davies through the door, I'd really like Cashin to start plenty of games this season. Think he could mature into a good CB at our level especially with one of those two alongside him.

Can't quite believe the legend of Buxton hasn't made it into this discussion. 1.8?