Derby County Vs Notts County pre season friendly Meadow Lane 1st August 1 pm k.o.

Tyler Durden

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It’s actually a very fair point 

of the ones who left 

Clark is the only one that consistently performed … he was very much part of a pretty pathetic back line .. which still somehow looked even worse when he wasn’t present 

Marriotts contribution was literally nothing 

waghorn was pretty dire most of the year … bar that final game 

Edmondson , mengi ,meh some good and bad.

if u get bielik in and fit that negates most of not what we’ve lost and some 

I’m still horribly concerned and want answers or actual action from the club and Mel come Wednesday but u never know we may fudge it 

What else can Wayne do at the moment.

22 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not sure it quite works like that, looking at Brum when they had a similar embargo a few years back. Pretty sure we could sign 4 trialists and start the season with them. If we then promote Cashin (or any others) from the youth squads it just means we're above quota for the next transfer window (ie we'd have to move two players on before we could bring one in). 

If Cashin was promoted to the first team squad end of last season they'd probably say different but right now he's a youth player and will start the season as it, whether he starts the Huddersfield game or not. 

I agree RamLad. I'm saying we can't play Cashin until we've got all the other deals we're able to do over the line. Otherwise I don't see that we're allowed to get them over the line.

22 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We can’t work like that mate .

We can’t rely on trialists may or maybe not situations. 

I know it’s disappointing but that where we are at .

We have to work like that. Only till the transfer window closes or we bring in our quota of triallists before then. To quote someone, "I know it's disappointing but that where we at". We need our minimum signings to survive the long Championship season.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah, I was only saying calm down in the sense that the futures of some promising young players were being plotted based on today. 

Cashin looks a player for sure and Ebosele is a great raw talent. 

A second successive win should cheer the team up but like Betis, they should have scored a couple. 

Jozwiak and Lawrence again offered nothing. 

We passed with more pace and threat first half. 

Jozwiak has a lot to do to impress me so far 

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah, I was only saying calm down in the sense that the futures of some promising young players were being plotted based on today. 

Cashin looks a player for sure and Ebosele is a great raw talent. 

A second successive win should cheer the team up but like Betis, they should have scored a couple. 

Jozwiak and Lawrence again offered nothing. 

We passed with more pace and threat first half. 

For me Jozwiak has been a massive dissapointment, clearly got some talent but I think collectively we have seen about 30 minutes worth since he arrived...really hope he can prove his worth going forward, but I have my doubts.

26 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Before we mess our hankies too much we should remember this was a friendly against a National League side. 

Calm down. 

I’m 50/50 on this. 

Yes it’s only a national league side and this season is going to be a huge challenge and we don’t want to pile expectation based on a couple of friendlies on these young players.

However the fans and players have been through the wringer recently and deserve some cheer, any positive is good given recent events.