The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

28 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

It will be interesting if they call the game off because Huddersfield have a Coronavirus outbreak. When the same courtesy was not afforded to us against Chorley and they have done absolutely nothing to cooperate with us over transfers.

I don’t think the EFL had any say regarding us being forced to play in the FA cup so you really can’t compare.

27 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Found the RD interview pretty interesting, more because of what was not said than what was said.

My take on it, my thoughts after I've looked at what is in the public domain.

I posted a while back about what I'd heard re: an American consortium taking over, I have heard nothing to suggest that this is no longer the case.

I've experience of dealing with due diligence for American companies, and boy do they love an NDA personally I've signed around a dozen, and what Mel couldn't talk of last night leads me (hopes) to believe that the silence through official channels is as a result of an NDA between Mel/DCFC and the consortium. The NDA between the club and bidders will also be separate and differ to the one between Mel and the fans groups last night.

I understand that a  lot of us are upset/frustrated/disappointed/angry and it's only human nature to want to point the finger and find someone to blame, but I'm hoping that it's more a question of cannot rather than will not when it comes to the lack of direct engagement with the fanbase.

I'd also suggest that the consortium are waiting for the accounts and actual level of debt to be finalised before moving forward, as I understand the accounts have to be submitted at latest in 13 days, so I reckon that it's more end of month/transfer window rather than start of season before we see proper movement.

I know we all want answers ASAP, but it might just be a question of wait out on this and when there is news then there is news.

I'd also ask that we remember what we have in common, that we are all Derby and want the best for the club, my view is that sniping at each other, different groups, posters and dismissing with terms such as wrist slashers or happy clappers does nothing good bar possibly making you feel better for a few second., Whilst people may have a different view debate is good, sarcasm, anger abuse in my view is not. I feel the club, with the dire straights we are in, need the fanbase to step up show why we are amongst the best in the country and support the club, manager and players during what is going to be a testing season.

Jesus, I've rambled a lot for a post that is just my opinion and not fact. Sorry.

COYR

Brilliant post mate .. brilliant ?

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Radio Derby saying the NDAs are binding in certain topics, so maybe David double checking what he can put out.

That was my thought too. We're all itching to hear what he has to say but unlike certain Twitter {insert expletive} he's probably checking his facts so he can be as succinct and as unambiguous as possible. 

22 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Does sound like he's really not happy with having to keep funding them after being let down with takeovers atleast 3 times , suppose if you want out of a business and you're forced to keep paying out I can understand,  but most of it is his own doing by the sounds of it

Agreed, arrived as a God who could be trusted over outsiders.  If he is truly saying he’s lost interest and is going to abandon us, words fail me

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think the word was ‘wanting’ to not ‘able’ to 

But either way it’s bloody disturbing 

Well we know he's able to.

He's made a total mess of this club, whether he meant to or not. And now he's wanting us to sympathise with him because he's trying to sell us and doesn't want to keep paying the clubs upkeep. Even after you've stripped the staff/players bare Mel? FFS I'm thinking of getting my pound weighing scales out!

Well Melvin, (and don’t try to kid us you or your minions don’t check this forum out) here is a snippet from another championship clubs forum.

TheReds

Members

Posted 4 hours ago

What was Morris' comments before the meeting?

A complete shambles of a club, but they are getting exactly what they deserve with what he has done over the past few years. How long before Rooney jumps ship?

That is the perception of Derby County Football Club from the outside. A lot of our fans think the same and I’m not here to argue with them I am here however to ask you to put your finely tuned Stradivarius away and spare us from the woe is me ********.

I find it galling that under your ownership of this club we have gone from having a lot to be admired, to, and I quote, “A complete shambles of a club” In other words a laughing stock. 

Bravo Melvin. ?

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Can anyone remember during the Mac years when we had a ‘What the opposition are saying’ thread and it was full of opposition fans gushing over our team and the way we had built the 2013-14, 2014-15 sides?

I wonder what those same fans are thinking now. 

Incredible how we went from that to this. Only one man responsible for it all. 

Worth remembering that there were many fans who hated GSE. What a terrific job they did. Then MM rode in flashing his wallet around and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

"Thank God we've got Mel"

"Roooooney! Mel's done it again!"

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Well Melvin, (and don’t try to kid us you or your minions don’t check this forum out) here is a snippet from another championship clubs forum.

TheReds

Members

Posted 4 hours ago

What was Morris' comments before the meeting?

A complete shambles of a club, but they are getting exactly what they deserve with what he has done over the past few years. How long before Rooney jumps ship?

That is the perception of Derby County Football Club from the outside. A lot of our fans think the same and I’m not here to argue with them I am here however to ask you to put your finely tuned Stradivarius away and spare us from the woe is me ********.

I find it galling that under your ownership of this club we have gone from having a lot to be admired, to, and I quote, “A complete shambles of a club” In other words a laughing stock. 

Bravo Melvin. ?

Unnecessary frankly. 

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Worth remembering that there were many fans who hated GSE. What a terrific job they did. Then MM rode in flashing his wallet around and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

You can't blame Rooney for wanting to play for/manage this once great club!

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I liked Mel's ambition but he's completely ducked it. He's just gone about things in totally the wrong way.