The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sorry, haven't seen your link. This thread is updating really quickly. 

I think we're hearing the things that are covered by the NDA so I would expect we won't hear more about the EFL dispute or the potential new owners.

Jim did say that while Mel agrees with Mel out chants, that is exactly what he wants, and that buyers would be encouraged by support rather than protests. As I had earlier made exactly this point on another thread I can't disagree to much with that! ?

It's difficult to tell what exactly was said by Mel and what is an interpretation.

I was perturbed by this tweet about the 'don't protest' stuff. With Mel suggesting it would be worse if we protested, as Mel could just walk.

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

In the interview on radio Derby he didn’t mention Mel walking away, he said it might put off potential investors. Personally, protests against football boards are nothing new and in many cases most takeovers have gone through anyway - I mean the new investors would be seen as the heroes so as long as they run the club correctly they have nothing to fear. Think Mel is wrong on the impact of protests. 

I'd agree with this and say Mel is wrong too. If his analysis was correct no-one ever would have bought Sunderland, Newcastle, Leeds or us in the past... Pretty sure most ownership groups are aware that keeping the fans onside is an important part of managing the club. Maybe this is just his way of saying he doesn't want to hear it in the ground as the fan base seems to have lost all patience and tensions are running high. I think the bigger danger is the gates becoming so low we become a less attractive proposition for potential buyers. 

18 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Cant verify if this email is real, but not liking the threat by Morris that if fans protest he "could" just walk away and leave us in the poo.

He is threatening to walk away and leave the club in an even bigger mess than the one he has already put it in, if people sing negative or derogatory chants about him…

Seriously? 

11 minutes ago, tinman said:

i don't see the issue with what he's supposedly said about walking away. Everyone knows that's a possibility, he's just vocalised it.

If he said it, it's then dependent upon the context of the quote and how he said it, it could easily be construed as a veiled threat. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

BTW does anyone want to talk about Mel wanting to sell 2 years ago?

That would have been around the time we were playoff finalists and doing pretty well - And yet no-one was interested in buying the club at that time it seems - The following season we signed Rooney (for good or ill) and still no offers I'm assuming

Is it any wonder the offers we get for the club now are 'tricky' to get over the line?

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

He is threatening to walk away and leave the club in an even bigger mess than the one he has already put it in, if people sing negative or derogatory chants about him…

Seriously? 

Not what was said if you listen to the interview. Said bad protests might cause prospective new owners to walk away . 

Whatever Nixon gets is through agents. So if any of our players have spoken to their agent about the situation (they will have), then the agents will get on the phone to everyone (including Nixon) and try and get a move elsewhere. 

After listening to the snippet on radio Derby, I found myself getting annoyed at just how pathetic Mel Morris is. 

The comment about wanting out for two years, and having to still pay the bills… YOU BOUGHT THE ducking CLUB! 

I used this analogy a while ago. Mel Morris Has effectively bought a dog, without thinking about the consequences, now he’s trying his best to get rid and he’s not arsed who too. He may throw it the daily bit of food it needs to survive, but he has no other interest in it and the poor ducker can forget about treats or a new toy every once in a while. People are coming to look at the dog, in order to buy, but it stinks of piss and looks jaded from the neglect. You attract more flies with honey than you do vinegar. 

As someone who had a lot of respect for him, I just fine him intolerable at the moment. Everything he’s doing is just working against the best interests of the club - almost actively seeking to work against the best interests of the club. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

After listening to the snippet on radio Derby, I found myself getting annoyed at just how pathetic Mel Morris is. 

The comment about wanting out for two years, and having to still pay the bills… YOU BOUGHT THE ducking CLUB! 

I used this analogy a while ago. Mel Morris Has effectively bought a dog, without thinking about the consequences, now he’s trying his best to get rid and he’s not arsed who too. He may throw it the daily bit of food it needs to survive, but he has no other interest in it and the poor ducker can forget about treats or a new toy every once in a while. People are coming to look at the dog, in order to buy, but it stinks of piss and looks jaded from the neglect. You attract more flies with honey than you do vinegar. 

As someone who had a lot of respect for him, I just fine him intolerable at the moment. Everything he’s doing is just working against the best interests of the club - almost actively seeking to work against the best interests of the club. 

"Mel Morris has effectively bought a dog, without thinking about the consequences"

I think he thought he was going to Crufts.

I agree with Mel’s academy comments and although I appreciate I’m in the minority I would rather watch Cashin develop than Wisdom make his customary howlers, see Bird kick on rather than have another Butterfield at 4m and give Ebosele a go instead of Anya at a combined cost of approaching 10m (fees and wages).

Edited by Igor Igor Whats the Score?

18 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Interesting although I don’t believe Nixon usually 

Interesting as its an angle I hadn't considered. We as fans are moaning about a lack of information...if I were on trial at the club I would be seriously annoyed with Mel if he is briefing some fairly arbitrary fans about the likely hood of me having a job next week when he hasn't had the decency to communicate that to me personally. 

53 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

Under Morris we have seen Hughes Hendrick Lowe Bogle Delap Gordon Brown Whittaker and Bennett all leave I can’t get my head around this academy comment. If we got offered a decent fee for Buchanan or sibley they’d be out the door too the bloke has consistently talked out his arse throughout his tenure.

Never rated that Gordon Brown though, carried a bit too much weight 

I don't really get MM stance on the academy players - if they were good enough players they would play. Yes we have great facilities but that doesn't mean the young players are ready for or even good enough for Championship footballers. The ones that are good enough have played (Bogle before being sold etc). 

Even players we have now, Knight, Sibley, Bird etc are just pretty average Championship level. Which is probably about where we should be at if we had a full squad available. We've not produced a Hughes level player (who by the way was in the Championship last year) since he left. Bogle is back in the Championship and he's probably been the biggest success since.

2 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

I agree with Mel’s academy comments and although I appreciate I’m in the minority I would rather watch Cashin develop than Wisdom make his customary howlers, see Bird kick on rather than have another Butterfield at 4m and give Ebosele a go instead of Anya at a combined cost of approaching 10m (fees and wages).

As would I. But at the time Mel was quoting our collapse when Martin, Hughes etc. got injured and having zero cover. He said this harmed our promotion bid, hence signing Butterfield, Johnson etc. to ensure this doesn’t happen again. He’s contradicted himself. Again. 

Looking forward to @David giving us his report. From what I’ve read and listened to this morning, everything revolves around us coming to an agreement with the EFL. The takeover should then happen and the squad can be overhauled. We may have to rely on loans until the next window, but the academy graduates are going to get some much needed playing time and I hope Sibbo is player of the season.

From my perspective I’m backing Mel to get things sorted, he obviously wants a resolution asap.

Not being sexist, but a lot of k******* wetting going on this morning, get a grip and enjoy seeing the academy lads give it everything v Udders.

15 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

BTW does anyone want to talk about Mel wanting to sell 2 years ago?

That would have been around the time we were playoff finalists and doing pretty well - And yet no-one was interested in buying the club at that time it seems - The following season we signed Rooney (for good or ill) and still no offers I'm assuming

Is it any wonder the offers we get for the club now are 'tricky' to get over the line?

I’m wondering if this is in reference to the Henry Gabay saga

4 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

But how will them struggling in a team help their development?