This seasons surprise package

Big Trav

19 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Who do you think will be the ‘breakout’ player this season. Lots of hype around players like ebosele etc. While I think he’ll tear up the champ next year the one player I’m super exited about is issac Hutchinson. Tidy player and feel like he could be huge for us going forward

In the RamsTV interview Rooney said Hutchinson had caught his eye in preseason training.

Edited by RoyMac5

Way we're going our young player of season will be about 28.

Can see Watson, Ebosele and Stetton having cameos and moments but not fully breaking through. McDonald will continue to be heavily involved and make more of an impact.

Imagine Hutchinson will be loaned out again.

My tip for a real breakout (not played for the first team before) would be whichever of Cashin or Solomon gets a look in first. Also a suspicion Duncan or Plange could make a surprise impact. Whoever comes in will be based on necessity and luck.

I'd like nothing more than for Sibley to be the championship's breakout player this season, with us of course. Seriously, it baffles me now why our shot shy side didn't use him more. 

29 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Who do you think will be the ‘breakout’ player this season. Lots of hype around players like ebosele etc. While I think he’ll tear up the champ next year the one player I’m super exited about is issac Hutchinson. Tidy player and feel like he could be huge for us going forward

He's certainly grown over the last year, so should be able to handle the physical side of the game. We haven't seen a lot of him recently due to his loan spell at Forest Green Rovers. They finished in the play offs so he must have been doing something right. 

For a player his age, he has a lot of league experience, always a plus. I hope he does well. 

30 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I like Hutchinson, very calm in possession & positionally very decent sat in front of the back 4. Quite similar to Max Bird in some ways as a 'tempo' midfielder (both tall & lean also). Isaac has also spent some time playing on the wing when at Southend so has lived with expectations of cutting edge to his game. Bit disappointed he didnt see more game time on loan at Forest Green last season, probably not a great move at the time given they were in a promotion slog.

Also looking forward to see if Stretton, Duncan & Ebosele can kick on (assuming Festy is playing up the park). They must be aware there are forward starting berths available & that competition between them could well improve standards. Could throw Luke Plange into that mix too.

If I had to pick one breakout player, it'd be Ebosele

Edited by LeedsCityRam