Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

After the EFL ruling, I saw a few posts (even from that Price of Football bloke who seems to wish us failure) explaining that actually our missing accounts will work out fine (something about an extra 30 million we'd find by ditching our amortisation technique?). I appreciate these things take time to file, but given how dire our situation is, wouldn't you think we'd have a team working all hours to get this done so we can end the embargo and start building a squad (even if it's only the freebies)? The longer this is being dragged out the more I fear we know we're fooked, and are just looking for ways to dodge another bullet.

Could have already been submitted. 

Even if we did submit our accounts we still owe HMRC a wedge so this embargo is going nowhere. Thanks to the FA Cup game we have enough players of a 'professional standing' as far as the EFL are concerned.

Don't get used to these trialists turning out for us. The EFL do not want us to sign anyone, so we wont be signing anyone. They failed to get us relegated last season, this is how they plan on getting us this season.

The EFL's rule on the minimum strength of a playing squad even for a club under an embargo is there to protect the integrity of the competition. By including the players used for the Chorley game in calculating Derby's current squad strength they would be arguing against the very reason the rule was introduced in the first place.

If Derby had fielded the same team they did for the Chorley game for an end of season match with little consequence to the Rams (but possibly could effect other issues i the division) they would be done for fielding an under-strength team.

3 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

In which case some communication would be nice.

Nothing filed with companies house yet as regards annual accounts,  checked this morning. I also have the club on automatic notification from companies house so I will know as soon as they are filed.

Regarding P&S accounts to the EFL (Evil F...ing Liars) my view is that nothing will be sent until the season starts, just in case the EFL play their devious games.

7 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Nothing filed with companies house yet as regards annual accounts,  checked this morning. I also have the club on automatic notification from companies house so I will know as soon as they are filed.

Regarding P&S accounts to the EFL (Evil F...ing Liars) my view is that nothing will be sent until the season starts, just in case the EFL play their devious games.

For the EFL, the accounts and P&S submissions are separate. It's possible that the EFL have been sent a copy and are now scrutinising it. It makes sense for the club to hold fire on the acocunts being sent to companies house until the EFL bits have been sorted otherwise we're just going round in circles.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

After the EFL ruling, I saw a few posts (even from that Price of Football bloke who seems to wish us failure) explaining that actually our missing accounts will work out fine (something about an extra 30 million we'd find by ditching our amortisation technique?). I appreciate these things take time to file, but given how dire our situation is, wouldn't you think we'd have a team working all hours to get this done so we can end the embargo and start building a squad (even if it's only the freebies)? The longer this is being dragged out the more I fear we know we're fooked, and are just looking for ways to dodge another bullet.

We're under an embargo for multiple reasons. Filing the accounts on it's own won't be enough to lift it, we still have the pay the HMRC bill etc.  If we're waiting for a takeover before we clear that, then there's no rush at all to get the accounts in..

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

"...

As Derby were asked to play the game by the Football Association, they argue the unique circumstances around the fixture mean that the players involved should not be classed as being of professional standing.

BBC Sport understands that there is some sympathy within the Championship for Derby's position, although that does not necessarily mean the Rams will be successful in altering the EFL's stance...

"

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The benefits of hindsight ?

Saw this on Twitter:

If Mel Morris had bought 5 million pounds worth of Bitcoin instead of Jacob Butterfield in 2016 we’d now have a transfer kitty of 220 million pounds for this season…

For a man who has racked a fortune of 100s of millions in the Cyber world, it would be interesting to see if he had any investments into Crypto!

Equally, I wonder what the P&S regulations would be if he was to buy crypto as Derby County? If we had bought £5m of crypto instead of Butterfield and as that investment seemingly increases year-on-year despite a lot of fluctuation then wouldn't we always be posting an additional profit? 

Not sure about the ins and outs, but something for consideration! 

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

As this seems a bit of a finance thread at the moment, I'll ask the question that's been gnawing away at me.

Does our not selling season tickets suggest on any level that people are not confident we can continue to trade for the full duration of the season? That was my immediate thought when I heard about it. We're a club in a desperate financial mess so surely, if we could, we would do everything in our power to bring more money in?

Would this be a call by our auditors if this were the case?

Or are the reasons given by the club for not selling tickets bona fide? 

Two of my friends are accountants and I asked them about this yesterday.  Neither believe the season ticket situation is a sign of the end of the club or administration however you want to spin it.

One said for starters that if the club was in danger of going into administration it would be doing the opposite to ensure it can bring in as much cash as possible to help avoid admin. So by not putting season tickets up for sale because we are heading for administration in his opinion, would make literally zero sense.

The other one said that he believes that if the club was to sell say 20,000 season tickets and then we hit another lockdown and the club can't fulfill those sales - it puts us in a sticky situation and creates a ton of admin - he thinks by essentially ensuring the club only sells tickets where it’s highly likely to guarantee bums on seats, helps the club to gain a much clearer financial picture of the revenue and impact of income from tickets. Of course this is their opinions on what they believe the reasoning is - other accountants and business people may say different things. Personally I think both of what they have said makes sense to me, but I don’t understand the ins and outs of administration etc. 

If the EFL do the right thing and exclude the Chorley game the we have 19 players of "professional standing".

Which 4 players would other people get signed up first if this were to happen?

I'd go:

Davies, Wisdom, Mengi & Baldock

... and so run with Cashin/J Brown as the 4th choice CB in the short term.

So can someone list the squad available if the ‘Chorely’ players retain their professional standing and if they don’t?

If there are 4 available places in the squad then of the trialists / out of contracts I’m going for :-

Stearman

Jagielka

Morrison

Davis 

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

If the EFL do the right thing and exclude the Chorley game the we have 19 players of "professional standing".

Which 4 players would other people get signed up first if this were to happen?

I'd go:

Davies, Wisdom, Mengi & Baldock

... and so run with Cashin/J Brown as the 4th choice CB in the short term.

If Jagielcacaca looks fit I would take him vs Wisdom.  Seemed to me that more than fair share of errors came from Wisdom side last year. Be good if any stato’s could confirm this.

47 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Two of my friends are accountants and I asked them about this yesterday.  Neither believe the season ticket situation is a sign of the end of the club or administration however you want to spin it.

One said for starters that if the club was in danger of going into administration it would be doing the opposite to ensure it can bring in as much cash as possible to help avoid admin. So by not putting season tickets up for sale because we are heading for administration in his opinion, would make literally zero sense.

The other one said that he believes that if the club was to sell say 20,000 season tickets and then we hit another lockdown and the club can't fulfill those sales - it puts us in a sticky situation and creates a ton of admin - he thinks by essentially ensuring the club only sells tickets where it’s highly likely to guarantee bums on seats, helps the club to gain a much clearer financial picture of the revenue and impact of income from tickets. Of course this is their opinions on what they believe the reasoning is - other accountants and business people may say different things. Personally I think both of what they have said makes sense to me, but I don’t understand the ins and outs of administration etc. 

On top of this the directors would be breaking the law continuing trading if they knew we were insolvent.