Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

10 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I think we need to submit our latest accounts before the embargo is lifted.

Also, I think we need to submit our accounts for the last two years that we haven't previously done to get out of ANY embargo at all. 

I know half the league are currently working under a 'soft embargo' due to utilising the governments schemes during COVID. It's all a bit of a mess. 

I would work on the premise that we're signing loan players and out of contract players ONLY at the moment to save disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

So basically we're screwed for this transfer window

No - I think we are good to release the accounts - what they show is a different thing.

This magical £30 Million that Pearce has found also won't help us much. It is in the year ending 2018 but the two previous 3-year cycles before that are still a concern to me.

The three year cycles of 16/17/18, 17/18/19 and 18/19/20 will be perfectly clear. The only thinkg I'm not sure on is whether they extended P&S into a 4th year due to Covid. So actually it may well be 18/19/20/21 may be a P&S period of which the year ending 18 could show us having made a LOT of money.

However, and this is a big thing - just because the P&S shows a lot of money, doesn't mean we actually have the cash to go and start spending money on transfers. It's all paper money, it isn't cash in the bank and when you buy players, you need cash in the bank. Its fairly well documented that has been a big issue for us.

Cash is king.

Not nesscesslay as if my memory services me right during that time frame we sold Jeff Hendrick and after that will sold will huges and tom ince in which I think in total sold all togather about 30m mate so that had to be taken into account and then you can say we got fair bit in compation for frank Lampard that so cruel stolen away from us by chelsea.

8 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

So basically we're screwed for this transfer window

Why are we? We have to submit our accounts before the transfer window closes anyway, so unless we're in breach of FFP and even if we wait until the last minute we will still have time to sign players. If we breach FFP significantly then it won't matter if we sign anyone or not.

10 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

All this EFL fiasco has done my head in.  Has their decision not to appeal mean that the embargo has now been lifted?

No chance. EFL are determined to see us down to League One and won't consider lifting the embargo until after we resubmit the accounts, but at that point regardless of whether the accounts comply or not they will charge us and claim they do not, and go all out for a 12 point penalty. We will appeal but we know that will take up the first two windows so we will not be able to sign anyone other than loans/free and low wages all season, and then the EFL will determine on an ad hoc basis how many new players we're allowed.

My take is the EFL is clearly not fit for purpose, but that doesn't help us. It does not look good!

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

No chance. EFL are determined to see us down to League One and won't consider lifting the embargo until after we resubmit the accounts, but at that point regardless of whether the accounts comply or not they will charge us and claim they do not, and go all out for a 12 point penalty. We will appeal but we know that will take up the first two windows so we will not be able to sign anyone other than loans/free and low wages all season, and then the EFL will determine on an ad hoc basis how many new players we're allowed.

My take is the EFL is clearly not fit for purpose, but that doesn't help us. It does not look good!

Well I tell you one thing if I was mel i be talking to Derby lawyers if we can sue efl or gibson for damages towards the club that should get transfear embargo lifted pretty sheepish.

47 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I tell you one thing if I was mel i be talking to Derby lawyers if we can sue efl or gibson for damages towards the club that should get transfear embargo lifted pretty sheepish.

Sheep Thumbs GIF

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

probably a good job you're not then ?  we are in enough mess as it is without pouring petrol on it and lighting it with a flamethrower..

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

EFL are determined to see us down to League One

I can see why it looks like that - seeking points deductions -and interchangeable fixtures -and being disappointed - and wanting a harsher punishment than justified by the evidence ...

But! How is it too the advantage of the EFL, for a club like Derby to be relegated to League 1?

Do the EFL Board think that English football clubs might benefit from the publicity surrounding a relegation?

Do the EFL Board think that Derby's actions have undermined English football and the other clubs?

A popular narrative is that the EFL Board is acting vindictively because Derby's Board is seen as precocious.

I will happily read anti-EFL posts!

But, I am also wondering, what is the best available explanation for why the EFL could be seen to be acting in the best interests of English football!

A transfer embargo is harsh - but, I imagine, Derby can submit their revised accounts (and recent accounts) whenever we want - if that is the reason for the embargo.

But if we ignore the vindictive theory for a moment - what, if any, dispassionate justification might the EFL Board have for the embargo and their position?

8 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

But if we ignore the vindictive theory for a moment - what, if any, dispassionate justification might the EFL Board have for the embargo and their position?

14 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

But! How is it too the advantage of the EFL, for a club like Derby to be relegated to League 1?

Do the EFL Board think that English football clubs might benefit from the publicity surrounding a relegation?

Do the EFL Board think that Derby's actions have undermined English football and the other clubs?

The most straight forward answer is Derby are being made an example of. The EFL are coming down harshly on any transgressing of their financial rules. They see this as benefitting the league competition and being fair to all their member clubs. The fact that we're guilty of very little is of no interest to them when compared against the pressure they are getting from certain other club owners.

The EFL don't have a dispassionate justification, Ken Tram.

They exist in a spiteful, insular parallel universe where objection to their vapid policies and initiatives, like the feeble broadcasting rights deal, or intervention in the imbalance of 'parachute payments' is admonished and suppressed  in a harsh, lengthy and painless fashion.

Derby are major criminals! Their plans and projection must be disrupted and their competitiveness damaged for years.

However, in the other irregular football universe, six self-appointed 'elite' Premier League clubs join a clandestine mutiny for a European Super League which would wreck football pyramids around Europe, have to back down in disgrace - but 'endure' a rapid judgement within weeks being required to pay the equivalent of a £3.7 million donation apiece to football funding.

They suffered no points deduction, no embargoes, no banishments from cup or European competitions, no relegations.

The 'elite six' can still spend freely - indeed, Manchester Utd spent £73 million a few days ago on one player, Sancho, and are mooted to be spending another £80 million+ on two more players. The normal order of things continues.

Well done, EFL, you've really got your house in order.

Edited by Woodypecker

7 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

The EFL don't have a dispassionate justification, Ken Tram.

They exist in a spiteful, insular parallel universe where objection to their vapid policies and initiatives, like the feeble broadcasting rights deal, or intervention in the imbalance of 'parachute payments' is admonished and suppressed  in a harsh, lengthy and painless fashion.

Derby are major criminals! Their plans and projection must be disrupted and their competitiveness damaged for years.

However, in the other irregular football universe, six self-appointed 'elite' Premier League clubs join a clandestine mutiny for a European Super League which would wreck football pyramids around Europe, have to back down in disgrace - but 'endure' a rapid judgement within weeks being required to pay the equivalent of a £3.7 million donation apiece to football funding.

They suffered no points deduction, no embargoes, no banishments from cup or European competitions, no relegations.

The 'elite six' can still spend freely - indeed, Manchester Utd spent £73 million a few days ago on one player, Sancho, and are mooted to be spending another £80 million+ on two more players. The normal order of things continues.

Well done, EFL, you've really got your house in order.

Outstanding post @Woodypecker the point regarding the “Big Six” makes this long winded drawn out witch hunt ever more indigestible. 
???????????????